Bridging Debate: Stronger Compound 1st or 2nd

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
Just surfing through ideas for the an upcoming cycle and I''m leaning towards an Epistane/Mdrol bridge.

Now, I've sifted through logs, past threads, discussions w/ experienced users and I'm still undecided what makes more sense.

(Assumng there is no test base) I see more users who like putting something like Epistane, or a milder compound at the beggining and then bridging into the stronger compound like Mdrol. The reason being, simply put: people would prefer to go directly into PCT and initiate recovery after something harsh like Mdrol. Makes sense...

On the other hand, I understand why people like putting Mdrol at the beggning: A) start off on a strong foot and expedite the cycle (debatable if its worth it without T base) B) most hope that the rapid gains made with the stronger compound in the earlier weeks will be kept by prolonging the cycle...Only thing is, superdrol sides like high BP, lethargy, extreme shutdown etc might stick to the end of the cycle which would be pretty unplesant for the remaining weeks. I would imagine, however, something like Epistane renown for its positive effects on libido might curtail these sides and improve one's overall state.

I'm just curious: thoughts from previous users who have done this or something similar, or any educated input would be valued as well. Thanks in advance.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
look at microdrol in sted of mdrol

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
look at microdrol in sted of mdrol
eh...interesting to say the least...ive seen mixed reviews, im still not too familiar with it & its relatively new

beside, i have a plethora of mdrol and im fairly confident from past experience

a cool alt. nonetheless if it holds its name

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Alright Superdrol -> Epi gets my vote. SD is a better bulker and Epi is a better finisher.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
superdrol (as bulker) to start, epi (as cutter/hardner) as finisher.

my ownly concern would be sides of such a long cycle. 3/4 weeks on sd, and then, 3-4 weeks on epi.

too bad fura is so expensive, it's great for this. im using it now after the bulking part of my cycle, and am liking it.

if you wanted to go all out, you could stack bold @ 800mg e/d with 30mg of sd for 3 weeks bridged with 30mg of epi for 3 weeks.

isn't micro drol just sublingual sd.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established

my ownly concern would be sides of such a long cycle. 3/4 weeks on sd, and then, 3-4 weeks on epi.

too bad fura is so expensive, it's great for this. im using it now after the bulking part of my cycle, and am liking it.

if you wanted to go all out, you could stack bold @ 800mg e/d with 30mg of sd for 3 weeks bridged with 30mg of epi for 3 weeks.

what about if you stack bold @ 800mg e/d with 30mg of sd for 3 weeks bridged with 30mg of p-plex for 3 weeks?

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established

800mg 1,4ad is fine if solo. You don't need nearly that much if you are stacking...more like 300mg.

Btw...epi to SD for sure. It'll be great gains and you'll hate life a lot less. ;)

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what about if you stack bold @ 800mg e/d with 30mg of sd for 3 weeks bridged with 30mg of p-plex for 3 weeks?
this is what I thought of orig. but he said he had easy access to sd.

but as far as the bold. I used it @ 800mg, all it did was make me feel like sh*t. so I dropped it to 400, still didn't see anything from it. but other people like it, so it'd be a good base for most.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
I would go slightly different:
epi through out, sd beginning

epi: 20/20/30/40/40-50/40-50
sd: 10/10-20/20

this way when u drop off the sd the epi is rocking. This will also help hold your gains during pct and after due to the fact your body has time to adjust. The gains should start off quick and be consistant throughout, maybe slower toward end but like I said u r trying to give ur body time to adjust.

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
some solid input...I'm liking your rationale Unreal & jbryand101b

I'm looking to save the phera for a standalone sometime in the future as I've yet to run it solo.

On another note, I'm favoring the mdrol first and here is my reason: the mdrol is the bread and butter of the bridge IMO. Not to discredit epistane in the least- it works great, even standalone from my experience. I figure that I will "survive" the mdrol portion fine as I would with a standalone cycle of it, but even if I begin to feel crappy a week or 2 into the Epistane- I can always stop the cycle there and still be pretty d@mn content. At that point, I would have gotten the majority of my gains in, and even if I can only tolerate the Epistane for about 2 weeks before I have to go into PCT, I think that time will be suffice to at least solidify some or most gains.

I'm seeing less reason to go into the Mdrol portion of the bridge later (even if I am just partially shutdown from the Epistane) because then I will be taking on more shutdown with pre-existing shutdown & whatever sides I have accumulated with Epi thus far. In addition, if I would have to stop the cycle by week 1 or 2 of hitting Mdrol- it would be a pretty unsatisfying ending. It's almost like having sex, then you're about 2 nut but you have to choke it down...:think:...Everything was leading up to that point (the Mdrol) and you couldn't even fully enjoy it- ya dig?

Hopefully you guys have some more solid input. There really is no right answer I guess I'm just opening an official discussion about where people prefer to put the dominant compound in their bridge. So far there are some pretty good reasons. :swordfight:

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
wouldnt common sense say weak to strong????? that is what i usally ran? dose anyone agree

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
wouldnt common sense say weak to strong????? that is what i usally ran? dose anyone agree
at first glance, weak to strong makes perfect sense to me...i'm trying to think a little further into though i.e. bridging into something dominant then going directly into PCT might not be the best way to maintain those gains you quickly slapped on in the last 3 weeks

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ya that makes sens too but if u think about it this way ur test isat lets say lvl 4 after epi then u go to SD and it jumps to lvl 8 then pct so u keep all gains. going from stronger to weaker. u decrease the test in u rbody leading u to still lose muscle correct?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Jay i have no idea what you're saying there, level 4, level 8, keeping ALL the gains, what?

I think the most basic component that favors Superdrol first is just what 17amethyl said:

"bridging into something dominant then going directly into PCT might not be the best way to maintain those gains you quickly slapped on in the last 3 weeks"

Gains are going to stick around better if they have been around longer, so you want to have more gains as early in the cycle as possible.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
ya that makes sens too but if u think about it this way ur test isat lets say lvl 4 after epi then u go to SD and it jumps to lvl 8 then pct so u keep all gains. going from stronger to weaker. u decrease the test in u rbody leading u to still lose muscle correct?
It has nothing to due with test levels... U r supplying a aas, which if anything decreases ur natty test -> shutdown = no natty test production due to the aas.

You can not look at it in terms of strong and weak IMO. Both r strong just different sides and response in the body.

My whole experience with SD is massive strength and growth in 3-4 wks. If jumping straight into PCT it's very hard to maintain those quick changes. By adding a aas with milder sides it allows your body time to adjust while either recomping at ur current weight or adding a few more lbs.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
think about it like this.
would you start off a test cycle with test e, and then, the last 3/4 weeks, take 50mg of dbol each day to blow up the last 4 weeks of that cycle, or would you use the dbol during the first 4 weeks to blow up, and the test to maintain and solidify those gains made on the dbol.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
start with strong and then bridge into less intense. generally i like to start with bulking compounds and then bridge into more androgenic stuff, like begin with superdrol or dbol and test cyp and then bridge into tren ace for example. helps keep the gains and makes PCT easier.

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hmm that is great knowledge so next time if i bridge i will def. try this way instead mysefl im heading for the needle and dbol

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
I would go slightly different:
epi through out, sd beginning

epi: 20/20/30/40/40-50/40-50
sd: 10/10-20/20

this way when u drop off the sd the epi is rocking. This will also help hold your gains during pct and after due to the fact your body has time to adjust. The gains should start off quick and be consistant throughout, maybe slower toward end but like I said u r trying to give ur body time to adjust.
I have been watching Lifts sd/pplex log and he will also be able to comment on how much easier PCT will be without the Mdrol lethergy, not that his PCT will be easy in any sense of the word lol. But I def. understand the reasoning behind the kick off being stronger, and the weaker the latter, soildifying gain a lil more. I have yet to run the phera so dont know how the leth is with it? but I can't imagine it being like Mdrol, uuhuhuh talk about drag as s

17amethyl

Awards
  • Established
I have been watching Lifts sd/pplex log and he will also be able to comment on how much easier PCT will be without the Mdrol lethergy, not that his PCT will be easy in any sense of the word lol. But I def. understand the reasoning behind the kick off being stronger, and the weaker the latter, soildifying gain a lil more. I have yet to run the phera so dont know how the leth is with it? but I can't imagine it being like Mdrol, uuhuhuh talk about drag as s
I've actually heard phera bears its own degree of lethargy as well. Some same its comparable to that felt with superdrol but I've heard more say its not as bad. :puppy_dog_eyes:

This point has been brought up a number of times by different members and its a great point: start off w/ the bulking compound, pack on all the mass you can, and then transition into the one more suited for recomp so as to cut any unnecessary bf you put on from bulking. Yes- its common sense, but its also easily overlooked and worth noting. :dance2:

I know there's been at least 2 or 3 detailed logs of Mdrol & Epistane bridges on AM, but if any viewers would like for me to log my upcoming bridge (sometime early Oct) I would be glad to do so. At least in my log we can focus primarily on the whole issue of this thread and not just my personal progress.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
let me comment after wk 1 of pct... I really don't feel shutdown at all. Weighed today and still around 208 :) and strength is still there too. There r no issues with the gf in the bedroom either :) :) :) not sure if it's the clomid novla combo... This the first time using both. But knock on wood PCT has been pretty easy.

With phera + sd I had no lethargy and with phera alone no lethargy. Actually felt great throughout the cycle.

lyfespan

lyfespan

Awards
  • Established
Looks like i get to run a sponsored log for Purus's M14e, i pretty excited about that, will be my first tyme with both compounds, and still trying to decide about the td form to throw it in or not. Ive been following escholars M14ad/pmag/form log, and i think ima liking what im reading, but do to the non aromatizing of this compound i dont know if its worth it or not? But i am looking forward to the EPI.