b12 better absoption IM or sq ?

WATERLOGGED

WATERLOGGED

supreme being
Awards
  • Established
ok, ive been using b12 for 2 weeks , and ive done it im and subq, my question is does anyone think that there might be better and or quicker absorbtion im vs. subq ?

Last edited:

farmer

Awards
B-12 was the first thing I ever pinned and I've done it both ways. To be honest, I couldn't tell a single ounce of difference either way.

I have always said that B-12 was one of the most important supps I take. There's no way I could eat as much as I do without it. Some people say it does nothing for their appetite, but it does for me. I do all of mine sub-q because it's easier but I also work in a medical clinic and we give all of those IM. So I guess whatever is easiest. They both work equally well for me.

Next I'm going to try the B-vitamin combo. I've never done this because I felt that B-12 was really the only one that needed to be injected, but I've heard good things about the injectable complex.

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
So the injectable b-12 has a noticable benefit over say a b-complex oral?

farmer

Awards
Yes, definitely. At least for appetite.

I try to get most of my protein from solid food rather than shakes. I only drink two shakes a day and that makes for alot of eating. I could never eat that much without my B-12 injects. Some people's appetites are not affected like this. Its kinda like some people being nonresponders to creatine while others blow up while taking it.

If you don't want to inject, you might look into the sublingual tablets. I've heard they are better than the regular tabs that you swallow, but I haven't tried them.

Technics

Technics

Awards
i take this stuff too but i usually inject only 2 cc's, think i should up the dose?

jamesbrosky

Awards
what size pins are you using with those subq injects?

farmer

Awards
27g x 1/2"

I buy all mine with a 20g x 1 1/2" for drawing and then buy whatever size I want for pinning. With B12 you could just use a regular slin pin with a 29 or 30g if you want.

Either way it's painless. Just make sure to pinch up a fold of skin when you do it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 6
Nutrition / Health 0
Nutrition / Health 0
Supplements 5
WATERLOGGED Anabolics 3