H drol

westpointer

Awards
OK guys ive been researching to run a cycle of hdrol. My goal is to pick up 10-12 lbs after pct. Is this realistic or am i overstepping things a bit?

I will run a 4 week cycle at 50/50/50/50

and then nolva as my pct.

Honestly the amount of information on here is confusing as i see 50 different answers for every question

From what ive seen nolva is enough pct, correct?

is my dosing high enough?

do i need to drag the cycle out a few more weeks?

and one more, what would i see better gains from, this or running the trifectia stack from lg? (ive run mmv2 and loved it, really like lg's stuff)

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
OK guys ive been researching to run a cycle of hdrol. My goal is to pick up 10-12 lbs after pct. Is this realistic or am i overstepping things a bit?

I will run a 4 week cycle at 50/50/50/50 50/50/75/75/75/75 possibly 100 for the last 2 weeks
and then nolva as my pct.

Honestly the amount of information on here is confusing as i see 50 different answers for every question

From what ive seen nolva is enough pct, correct? Nolva will be fine, some go with OTC for hdrol but it's your choice
is my dosing high enough? no
do i need to drag the cycle out a few more weeks?

and one more, what would i see better gains from, this or running the trifectia stack from lg? (ive run mmv2 and loved it, really like lg's stuff)can't say never ran lg stuff
see above

xink

Awards
  • Established
I hope to god you're joking.

You're on 6'1" and 170 pounds and want to 'step it up' with PH's???

Step it up WITH FOOD.

Post your diet so we can pull that apart, leave the PH's/steroids alone until you get your diet right.

How long have you been working out for? Do you lift HEAVY, or are you splitting between light lifting and lots of cardio?

I think I know the answer...

X

rckvl7

Awards
  • Established
I hope to god you're joking.

You're on 6'1" and 170 pounds and want to 'step it up' with PH's???

Step it up WITH FOOD.

Post your diet so we can pull that apart, leave the PH's/steroids alone until you get your diet right.

How long have you been working out for? Do you lift HEAVY, or are you splitting between light lifting and lots of cardio?

I think I know the answer...

X
This is good advice, give us your diet and training schedule. Doing a PH won't help if you don't have your diet and training right.

westpointer

Awards
my diets pretty close to right, im consuming about 4500 calories a day and around 240-270 grams of protein a day. honestly, my metabloism is ridulous, and actually picking up weight and keeping it is almost impossible. ive ramped the calories up to 6000 before and didnt gain hardly anything. I have been lifting heavy the entire time, with various sports keeping me from putting all my focus on the weightroom.

honestly, im not a dummy, i know how to eat right, i know what my body is like, and i know how to train effectively

i do a 5 day split legs, chest, arms, back and bi's, shoulders

rckvl7

Awards
  • Established
"i do a 5 day split legs, chest, arms, back and bi's, shoulders"

That's likely your problem right there. Also do you keep exact track of how many calories you're eating or is 4-6,000 a guess? I find it unlikely that a 170lb 6'1" guy doesn't really put on weight at 6,000 calories a day.

Anyways how do you expect to gain any mass when you only work your biggest muscle groups once a week?? You should look into an upper/lower split rather than a 5 day split.

Edit: I would also suggest you focus on compound lifts such as deadlifts, squats, power cleans, pull-ups/chin-ups, overhead presses, bench presses, barbell rows.

westpointer

Awards
right now im right at 4500, but ive been as high as 6500 in the past (this winter)

ive always read and been taught that you split things up by muscle group? not a 2 day split with upper/ lower?

also i track my diet daily, we have a really badass tracking system on our computers up here

rckvl7

Awards
  • Established
right now im right at 4500, but ive been as high as 6500 in the past (this winter)

ive always read and been taught that you split things up by muscle group? not a 2 day split with upper/ lower?

also i track my diet daily, we have a really badass tracking system on our computers up here
I'm not a big fan of splitting it up by muscle groups especially in a beginner. You should try something like this:

Monday
Squat 3x5
Bench press/press 3x5 (alternating)
Chin-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps

Wednesday
Squat 3x5
Press/bench press 3x5 (alternating)
Deadlift 1x5/Powerclean 5x3 (alternating)

Friday
Squat 3x5
Pull-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps

You can maybe throw in an assistance exercise or two but I would try to keep it pretty close to that template. You can also increase the reps to ~8 reps if you're more interested in size rather than strength. Though 5 is a decent compromise for size and strength.

Edit: This is actually not an upper/lower split but it's still very effective.

westpointer

Awards
this seems like almost no work? i mean my typical back day goes like this

bent over rows 4x 12 10 8 6
dumbbell rows 4x8
pullups 4x10
lat pull downs 4x12 10 8 6
deadlifts 4x4

rckvl7

Awards
  • Established
Yeah i know it doesn't seem like much lol, but it's very effective. When I did a similar routine I had trouble not doing a bunch more ****. When I stopped adding a bunch of extra lifts my gains skyrocketed. How much are you lifting now on your main lifts?

westpointer

Awards
summer traning really tore me down
my bench is around 245
deadlift is 425(all time best 445)
db press 105s for 8
clean 245
squat- havent squated heavy in a while- did 225 for 8 the other day(all time 350)

rckvl7

Awards
  • Established
Interesting, those are decent lifts for someone your weight. How long have you been training? Are those recent lifts or old PRs? Do you still make gains from week to week?

Joshua86

Awards
  • Established
I'm not a big fan of splitting it up by muscle groups especially in a beginner. You should try something like this:

Monday
Squat 3x5
Chin-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps

Wednesday
Squat 3x5
Press/bench press 3x5 (alternating)
Deadlift 1x5/Powerclean 5x3 (alternating)

Friday
Squat 3x5
Pull-ups: 3 sets to failure or add weight if completing more than 15 reps

You can maybe throw in an assistance exercise or two but I would try to keep it pretty close to that template. You can also increase the reps to ~8 reps if you're more interested in size rather than strength. Though 5 is a decent compromise for size and strength.

Edit: This is actually not an upper/lower split but it's still very effective.
Ehh, with a workout like that you're liable to have lots of areas develop faster than others, so you'd end up having to do a lot of extra training to balance your muscles. That's assuming your goal is to build your physique. If your goal is just to pack on a lot of mass and lift big, then that workout looks pretty good.

I'd rather do a type of split (not what westpointer does) that includes a lot of power training as well as enough isolation work that I can try and prevent areas from being over or underdeveloped in proportion to everything else. That way I can still build mass without ending up looking like a blocky football player or something.

Also, he's going to do this cycle regardless of what anyone says. It's best to just help him out.

westpointer

Awards
man im not gonna run this cycle regardless of what anyone says, im not the "bottle in his hands" type. Im just researching things out, the soonest i will run this cycle would be november/december, im putting a lot of time and research into this, and if i decide that this is right, i will run it. But by no means am i set on running this

westpointer

Awards
those are all pr's as of the past week(except the 350 squat). Im making gains from week to week. I mean my weights go up constantly (depending on how hard i train) i just never seem to gain any real weight? i cant figure it out. After running the mmv2 i was up around 177, but that was 6 months ago. (btw my weights are higher since the mmv2, except the clean, its stayed the same)

but really, i move some decent weight, but i just cant bulk up very effectively.

rckvl7

Awards
  • Established
those are all pr's as of the past week(except the 350 squat). Im making gains from week to week. I mean my weights go up constantly (depending on how hard i train) i just never seem to gain any real weight? i cant figure it out. After running the mmv2 i was up around 177, but that was 6 months ago. (btw my weights are higher since the mmv2, except the clean, its stayed the same)

but really, i move some decent weight, but i just cant bulk up very effectively.
If you are getting stronger every week then it would seem to me that the reason you can't bulk is your diet. Do you measure out the portions exactly to make sure you know how much you are eating? Some people require ALOT of calories to bulk. You may also want to train at about 8 reps, which is about the best numerb for muscle size.

westpointer

Awards
right, i knew about the 8 reps/muscle size, i vary rep anywhere from 4-12 depending on the exercise and day

the mess hall up here has things portioned out exactly and then i make up any protein defecenies for the day with whey, soy and/or milk proteins

I eat clean, not really any junk food, a pop tart now and then for a snack
to be honest i get all i can possibly eat up here 95% of the time, unless a meal really sucks

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It sounds like your training and diet need to improve I would stay away from the anabolic for now. get your diet and training down and maybe some creatine, multi vit and a natty test booster can help now. Good luck.