Cynostane Review

BALifter

BALifter

Awards
Found this on another board. People said he was testing Cynostane.

Discuss

Alright guys I am here with the grand summary:

Starting stats (Tuesday 6/16):

180lbs
10% BF
5'8"
Bench: 185x6
Squat: 225x6
Dead: 265x5

Ending: (7/8/09)
190.5 lbs
10% BF
5'8"
Bench: 225x6
Squat: 275x6
Dead: 315x5

Comments:

I took about 75% of the dose that other users will be taking.

The compound made me extremely hard and pumped. It did not dry me out in any way, nor did it bloat me in any way. The biggest effects I got from it were MAJOR strength increases along with the feeling of always being hard and pumped throughout the day, not just during workouts and postworkout.

The only other time I have gotten this hardening feeling is from Anavar. I took anavar for a short time a while back and remember the feeling was amazing. This compound made me stronger than the anavar did though!

Comparison to some other compounds I have used:

Superdrol: I did not gain as much weight as I did when I took superdrol, but superdrol bloats me a little, and this compound did not bloat me at all. Superdrol also gave me some oily skin and acne. This compound did not. The strength gains were not as great as with superdrol, but very close. The strength gains were greater than every other compound I have taken, except superdrol. Superdrol gives me bad lower back pumps and horrible lethargy, this compound did not.

H-Drol: H-Drol is good in really high doses (you need 2 bottles). When I took h-drol i noticed some mild hardening effects. The hardening effects I got from this compound were much greater than with H-Drol. H-Drol did not give me any bad sides, similar to this compound. This compound gave me greater strength gains and similar weight gain as H-drol did.

Epistane: Epistane was similar to this compound in the fact that neither of them gave me bad sides or any bloating. I got some sore joints on epistane, which I did not get from this compound. I also got more weight gain and more strength gain with this compound.

Anavar: Nearly identical in effects to when I was taking 80mg anavar.

Bloodwork:

I am not going to post a photocopy of my bloodwork, for insurance reasons. It is not worth me risking my health insurance for a prohormone log on the internet. I got bloodwork done before I started the cycle, and the last day of the cycle. So I was on the compound when I had the blood drawn. I did not get a hormone panel done. I was mainly concerned about my HDL, LDL, Liver Enzymes. I was very surprised with the results. I have never had any bloodwork done with other compounds before to compare with though.

LDL - Up 19 points
HDL - Down 1 point
Liver Enzymes - Up 2 points

Also would like to make note I took my blood pressure ~3 times per week, and it was never elevated. I was always within 118-124/60, which is normal for me.

Notes: You may wonder why I only weigh 190.5 after using all of those compounds. I have been using those compounds over the course of the last 4 years. I have been 190 before. I took nearly 6 months off of the gym and lost a lot of weight. I started working out again naturally for 6 months after my layoff period, and made good progress, but was stuck at 180 no matter how many cals I ate.

I hope the company brings this compound to the market. Nothing is official yet, but I think a lot of users would really enjoy it, and I believe it is a unique and new compound giving it's own unique effects, with low sides!

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
idk, the #s are weird. 5'8 180 and 10% is pretty damn built actually 5'8 is not very tall. I don't know how it's possible to be 5'8 180 10% and bench and squat so little. My first guess is that the bodyfat number is simply wrong.

I also don't see how it isn't possible for his strength to have gotten up to those levels many times before. I mean if you've done 4 cycles including well-dosed anavar and superdrol, there's no way you haven't already been repping 2 plates on bench. This makes me think that this guy is just rebuilding gains he's already gotten instead of making any new ground so to me it lessens the importance of the strength gains.

But it's a good enough review and I am not intending any offense to the reviewer just stating my opinion. The direct comparisons to the other PHs are very useful and insightful about the nature of this compound, it looks like it works pretty well and because sides are low you should be able to dose higher and get more out of it too.

But really i need to say a lot more reviews before we can come to any conclusions... individual response for these compounds varies so widely that I need to base my judgement off a wide variety of users.

n8te

n8te

Awards
  • Established
I took about 75% of the dose others will be taking"

???
I dunno I'm gonna wait until Trauma's log is over to make a decision.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought the same thing unreal.

more reviews needed, like hundreds more.

RTD1

Awards
idk, the #s are weird. 5'8 180 and 10% is pretty damn built actually 5'8 is not very tall. I don't know how it's possible to be 5'8 180 10% and bench and squat so little. My first guess is that the bodyfat number is simply wrong.

I also don't see how it isn't possible for his strength to have gotten up to those levels many times before. I mean if you've done 4 cycles including well-dosed anavar and superdrol, there's no way you haven't already been repping 2 plates on bench. This makes me think that this guy is just rebuilding gains he's already gotten instead of making any new ground so to me it lessens the importance of the strength gains.

But it's a good enough review and I am not intending any offense to the reviewer just stating my opinion. The direct comparisons to the other PHs are very useful and insightful about the nature of this compound, it looks like it works pretty well and because sides are low you should be able to dose higher and get more out of it too.

But really i need to say a lot more reviews before we can come to any conclusions... individual response for these compounds varies so widely that I need to base my judgement off a wide variety of users.
I agree 100%.

His stats at the beginning:

Bench: 185x6
Squat: 225x6
Dead: 265x5

absolutely suck for someone who claims to have in the past already done Epistane, H-drol, Superdrol, and Anavar.

So the guys already done at least 4 cycles, yet he's only benching 185 and squatting 225? Gimme a break.

Also agree that the 10% BF number is probably more like 15% in real life.

Plus his cycle was only 3 weeks, and I highly doubt he put 50lbs on all his lifts in 3 weeks - how many workouts was that for each lift, he'd have had to have been making major jumps each workout to get there (or maybe he was re-gaining past strength rather than gaining it in the first place, that's much more believable).

Jeremy Brown

Jeremy Brown

Awards
  • Established
I took about 75% of the dose others will be taking"

???
I dunno I'm gonna wait until Trauma's log is over to make a decision.

Precisely what i was thinking. This is simply a final review of the product with no previous background knowledge of the user/reviewer. Trauma has run numerous logs here on AM, and they are always up to par, and it looks like his cynostane log is going to be a good one as well. i too will stand back for a while until we see how Trauma reacts to this supplement in real time.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
most of what he gains most likly is muscle memory. same with strength

chess315

chess315

Awards
I agree never have I seen 180 at 10% bf so weak at any were around a normal height

chess315

chess315

Awards
even 180 at 15% bf at that height would be a fairly strong person generally

dumbhick3

dumbhick3

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for resurrecting this one from the dead...I was looking for some info on cynostane to confirm/deny my blah opinion of it based on reading other logs. It seems like you can get epistane for 1/2 the price and probably get better results.

Regarding his stats, I think you guys are right. He either gained and lost everything after every cycle he ran, his body fat is higher than 10%, or both. And he wasn't running andro poppers in the past either.

I was 185 (5'10") and probably pushing 20% BF and squatting 275 for sets of 10 on my second cycle of M1T (my second cycle ever) and that was only my second year in the gym. I was only benching 185 (or 90 lb dumbell presses) for sets of 6, but my chest has always been a weak muscle group for me. Some shoulder problems don't help either. That was like 6 years ago BTW-ref my current weight (and hope for muscle memory, lol). M1T versus cynostane isn't even a comparison, but like Unreal pointed out, 5'8" is not tall (no disrespect), so the OP should be pretty well muscled and stronger even at 15% BF (since 10% is unlikely).

Since I dug this thread out of Google, what is the current opinion of cynostane? Overpriced and underpowered? Anybody had good or great results with it?

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for resurrecting this one from the dead...I was looking for some info on cynostane to confirm/deny my blah opinion of it based on reading other logs. It seems like you can get epistane for 1/2 the price and probably get better results.

Regarding his stats, I think you guys are right. He either gained and lost everything after every cycle he ran, his body fat is higher than 10%, or both. And he wasn't running andro poppers in the past either.

I was 185 (5'10") and probably pushing 20% BF and squatting 275 for sets of 10 on my second cycle of M1T (my second cycle ever) and that was only my second year in the gym. I was only benching 185 (or 90 lb dumbell presses) for sets of 6, but my chest has always been a weak muscle group for me. Some shoulder problems don't help either. That was like 6 years ago BTW-ref my current weight (and hope for muscle memory, lol). M1T versus cynostane isn't even a comparison, but like Unreal pointed out, 5'8" is not tall (no disrespect), so the OP should be pretty well muscled and stronger even at 15% BF (since 10% is unlikely).

Since I dug this thread out of Google, what is the current opinion of cynostane? Overpriced and underpowered? Anybody had good or great results with it?
totally unrelated, but a 185lb bench press DOES NOT equal 90lb dumbbell presses. Just sayin..

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I tested Cynostane for AI last fall (there's a log of it on here if you search under my name) and arrived at this conclusion: it's a great compound for a novice user of DS as it is mild and helps to really increase your training load. I noticed some amazing recovery from it and it helped to dry me out along with some solid LBM. It wasn't a huge mass gainer, but I did not train or eat for that purpose.

dumbhick3

dumbhick3

Awards
  • Established
totally unrelated, but a 185lb bench press DOES NOT equal 90lb dumbbell presses. Just sayin..
I know it doesn't, and I didn't say that it did. I had primarily been doing dumbell presses 90lbs for 3 sets of 6 (90, 85, 85/80) in the gym b/c the bench press bar feels unnatural and hurts one of my shoulders. It's like that shoulder tries to do some of the work with a barbell and obviously gets destroyed; I used excellent form on the bench too so that wasn't it. I eventually went back to the bench and did 185x6 for 3 sets just to say I did it basically because it was elusive when I did nothing but straight barbell flat benches. I like the dumbells much better because the path of motion is completely natural and you can't cheat so easily like the goons who arc their back a foot off the bench to put up 2 plates when they should be doing 185 or less.

I think that since I had done nothing but dumbell presses (reg, inc, dec, shoulders, etc-I love dumbells!) for so long after abandoning the bench due to shoulder issues, I got pretty strong with the dumbells and perhaps due to never doing barbell presses, the best I could do was 185 when I tried them again. Less shoulder issues but still not as good "feeling" as the dumbells. So I went back to my 90 lb dumbells the next week!

So I know what you are saying I think-I hope that clarifies things. It's funny how you can get strong with a certain motion and still be weak at a modified, neglected version of a very similar motion. They really are two different animals. The risk of shoulder injury would prevent me from ever trying to go back to barbell benching-it's just not for me or my right shoulder. Dumbell presses can give you a massive chest anyway, so I think I miss little by saying nay to the bar-bench (not to mention that I rarely needed a spotter with dumbells and d-bell presses also require better developed adjunct muscles than the bench where jo skinny arms can throw up 185 and his chest still looks like an A cup girl's).

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
I know it doesn't, and I didn't say that it did. I had primarily been doing dumbell presses 90lbs for 3 sets of 6 (90, 85, 85/80) in the gym b/c the bench press bar feels unnatural and hurts one of my shoulders. It's like that shoulder tries to do some of the work with a barbell and obviously gets destroyed; I used excellent form on the bench too so that wasn't it. I eventually went back to the bench and did 185x6 for 3 sets just to say I did it basically because it was elusive when I did nothing but straight barbell flat benches. I like the dumbells much better because the path of motion is completely natural and you can't cheat so easily like the goons who arc their back a foot off the bench to put up 2 plates when they should be doing 185 or less.

I think that since I had done nothing but dumbell presses (reg, inc, dec, shoulders, etc-I love dumbells!) for so long after abandoning the bench due to shoulder issues, I got pretty strong with the dumbells and perhaps due to never doing barbell presses, the best I could do was 185 when I tried them again. Less shoulder issues but still not as good "feeling" as the dumbells. So I went back to my 90 lb dumbells the next week!

So I know what you are saying I think-I hope that clarifies things. It's funny how you can get strong with a certain motion and still be weak at a modified, neglected version of a very similar motion. They really are two different animals. The risk of shoulder injury would prevent me from ever trying to go back to barbell benching-it's just not for me or my right shoulder. Dumbell presses can give you a massive chest anyway, so I think I miss little by saying nay to the bar-bench (not to mention that I rarely needed a spotter with dumbells and d-bell presses also require better developed adjunct muscles than the bench where jo skinny arms can throw up 185 and his chest still looks like an A cup girl's).

I feel you.. makes sense now.

i was just thrown off at first, becausei typically rep 225 for what i rep the 90s.

dumbhick3

dumbhick3

Awards
  • Established
I feel you.. makes sense now.

i was just thrown off at first, becausei typically rep 225 for what i rep the 90s.
That's funny b/c I thought 225 on the bench would have been the rough equivalent too (and I was getting excited about the idea). I started at 185 and just stayed at that for that one workout (lol) b/c I didn't like the way it felt after the first set. I'm sure I could have at least put up 2 reps at 225 but I figured I might injure myself in the process (and 2 reps is just a schlong-sizing contest anyway-no real value there).

Props for pointing that out though. Your analysis was/is spot on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Kratom267 Anabolics 9
Anabolics 8
nikosktm Anabolics 63
simplestacked Anabolics 4
oyvind Anabolics 27