Mdrol - Anyone?

dav

Awards
Ok I have asked on another forum for input here as I'd like to hear others opinions. Although my DS knowledge is OK I am guessing on this one and hoped due to the extensive knowledge on here someone might come up with something interesting.

A little background: I started a 4 week Mdrol cycle (30mg per day) previous to this I have done an Epi and Pplex cycle. Got minor gyno from the PPlex (definate gyno - 2 pea sized lumps and tender) which Nolva did nothing for.
Had Adex on hand during the Mdrol cycle but didn't need it and this leads to my question. After about a week on Mdrol I noticed my Gyno improving and tenderness completely cease. Also other "quite" positive effects could be felt i.e. Libido, and semen consistency etc.. although I also got and continued to get very sore joints throughout the cycle.

Anyway fast forward to present day - 2 week of PCT and gyno has almost disappeared??? I was going to run the ADEX in PCT in an attempt to reduce it but its not needed (Altough I have this on hand with other meds in case of any rebound). Some may not agree but my PCT currently consists of PCS - resveratrol and mega dosing of I3C and I feel great to be honest.

No weight loss (gained 16lbs of which I'd guess 6-7lbs would be fat and water) in fact I have gained another 1-2lb into PCT.

Anyway for me Mdrol/Sdrol has excerted very powerful anti estrogenic like effects, I remember Dr D stating Sdrol could be used for Gyno reduction with an AI or something?? Is the Mdrol acting as an AI, are some of the properties of Drostanolone (masteron) being carried over as it was used to treat breast issues was it not? Is Mdrol acting as an Estrogen antagonist or is it causing extensive natural shut down and then not being able to aromatise itself leaving me with little Estrogen - these are just my own thoughts on what's going on and I may be very wide of the mark but what I'm experiencing seems to differ greatly from many other Mdrol users.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok I have asked on another forum for input here as I'd like to hear others opinions. Although my DS knowledge is OK I am guessing on this one and hoped due to the extensive knowledge on here someone might come up with something interesting.

A little background: I started a 4 week Mdrol cycle (30mg per day) previous to this I have done an Epi and Pplex cycle. Got minor gyno from the PPlex (definate gyno - 2 pea sized lumps and tender) which Nolva did nothing for.
Had Adex on hand during the Mdrol cycle but didn't need it and this leads to my question. After about a week on Mdrol I noticed my Gyno improving and tenderness completely cease. Also other "quite" positive effects could be felt i.e. Libido, and semen consistency etc.. although I also got and continued to get very sore joints throughout the cycle.

i wonder why i never use a SERM for gyno hmmm.... all 5a reduced steroids act as a mild AI so that can be why it brought down your gyno.... while on it my e2 dropped 5 points..

Anyway fast forward to present day - 2 week of PCT and gyno has almost disappeared??? I was going to run the ADEX in PCT in an attempt to reduce it but its not needed (Altough I have this on hand with other meds in case of any rebound). Some may not agree but my PCT currently consists of PCS - resveratrol and mega dosing of I3C and I feel great to be honest.
the I#C will help dispose of the estrone sulfate freed up by the SHBG while on cycle.. i still think a low dose serm will help as well.

No weight loss (gained 16lbs of which I'd guess 6-7lbs would be fat and water) in fact I have gained another 1-2lb into PCT.

Anyway for me Mdrol/Sdrol has excerted very powerful anti estrogenic like effects, I remember Dr D stating Sdrol could be used for Gyno reduction with an AI or something?? Is the Mdrol acting as an AI, are some of the properties of Drostanolone (masteron) being carried over as it was used to treat breast issues was it not? Is Mdrol acting as an Estrogen antagonist or is it causing extensive natural shut down and then not being able to aromatise itself leaving me with little Estrogen - these are just my own thoughts on what's going on and I may be very wide of the mark but what I'm experiencing seems to differ greatly from many other Mdrol users.
as i stated 5a reduced steroids act as mild AIs whilch is why you saw that happen

you wont be with little estrogen it will be a tad lower..

dav

Awards
Many Thanks Crazyfool, that seems to make a lot of sense, I just never expected to see the marked improvement Sdrol/Mdrol had on my gyno, especially after all of the adverse reports and the lack of feedback on this compound for reducing gyno. But I guess we all react differently. I take your point on the low dose SERM I have plenty of nolva but have used twice previously resulting in long term visual disturbance so not overly happy on using a SERM again to be honest, although last time I used was at 40mg per day tapered down. I may go for 10mg per day for 10 days or so. But thanks for your input its much appreciated.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
10mg per day for 4 weeks is fine wqith everything else ur using

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
SD keeps estrogen very very low which my be why it reduced in size. This is the reason why an OTC anti-e can cause rebound gyno... long explaination.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
And first run with sd why run at 30mg??? But that's kinda after the fact.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Mdrol doesn't keep it very very low. And neither does epi. I had blood work done while ON both

Epi my e2 didn't go lower then 40 and I was on test with it. Used it at 50mf ed

Mdrol dropped min from 28 to 22 which is perfect for me.

Liftingstud

Awards
  • Established
Mdrol doesn't keep it very very low. And neither does epi. I had blood work done while ON both

Epi my e2 didn't go lower then 40 and I was on test with it. Used it at 50mf ed

Mdrol dropped min from 28 to 22 which is perfect for me.
Interesting, esp the mdrol part.

dav

Awards
Liftingstud although my AAS history is very short (Epi and P-plex cycle beforehand) I would consider myself an advanced trainer I was a natural BBer for many years winning numerous titles including nationals. Before this cycle I was sitting at a solid 235-240lbs (around 14% BF) so after reading up on the compound went for 30mg, other than the chronic joint pain and minor tiredness into the 4th week Mdrol treated me very well as I experienced no other sides to speak of.

I have not had blood work done to confirm but have taken AI's before (after last 2 cycles) and didn't experience the joint pain I got from the Mdrol that and the marked reduction in my gyno (70-80% at a guess) got me thinking.

Also due to what I suspected in as far as Mdrol's AI or Estrogen lowering effects I tapered off the dose over the last week (I actually did 4 1/2 weeks finishing on 10mg). I know that this is old practice and not well thought of but I have known many many good BBer's throughout the 80's who never did any PCT and always tapered off and only a couple ever developed Gyno.