Not so great being big...

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Wasn't sure what section to post this in so I chose this one because it's my faaaavvvv! :type:

Anyhow bros, how do you go about getting the stereotypical attention from being big? Not the positive kind, but like when someone you know sees you and pokes thier chest out with their arms extended and does their best impression of you and goes, "grrrrrrr!" or like the other day this chick called me an OGRE! WTF?

I think I might be intimidating to females even though I don't intend to be. I'm starting to have second thoughts about being "huge" but I don't want to give up everything I've worked for. I'm not very lean, maybe I should try to lean out and cut?

How do you guys cope with the stigma?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wasn't sure what section to post this in so I chose this one because it's my faaaavvvv! :type:

Anyhow bros, how do you go about getting the stereotypical attention from being big? Not the positive kind, but like when someone you know sees you and pokes thier chest out with their arms extended and does their best impression of you and goes, "grrrrrrr!" or like the other day this chick called me an OGRE! WTF?

I think I might be intimidating to females even though I don't intend to be. I'm starting to have second thoughts about being "huge" but I don't want to give up everything I've worked for. I'm not very lean, maybe I should try to lean out and cut?

I know what your saying man. I honestly have fairly bad social anxiety, and the bigger, or leaner i get, the worse it is, as i feel it makes you stick out from the "norm".

If i were you i would get leaner, and dress in loose fitting shirts:)

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
wear bigger clothes. being leaner will always look better than a fat blob (not saying u are one)

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Well I doubt the females are intimidated but like anything else its a look you have to have a preferance for.

As for the attention, I'm female and with muscle I get the same kind. Both positive and negative. I just vent here about it and let the rest roll off. :)

I get people who think its okay to touch me. Guys who comment that I'm to manly looking and they need to leave the room to gain their masculinity back. Ehhh so leave :)

But its mainly the women that get drunk and either want to fight over it or touch me that drives me crazy. In the end I needed to decide what body I was happy with and learn to adapt my personality to adjust to the strangers.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Who cares man......if you can still pull some Va-Jay-Jay on the weekend you're doing something right.

I'm not exactly lean either (have never seen my abs), but I have people tell me I look big and strong, look like a hulk, etc. I still pull chicks so no worries.

jambarino

jambarino

Awards
hmmm interesting problem to have.i myself have been told by females i look intimidating or they say they assumed me to be self centered and ****y.and im like "why just cuz i work out lol?"and it seems like u attract more cnfrontations from being big.all the little insecure guys want to make a point to start something just to impress there girl or there friends.i dont go out as much since ive beeen working out.mainly cuz i fell out with my old drinking buddies and for the simple fact of a few confrontations and negative attention.hell i cant even go watch a ufc fight without someone running their mouth to me.sucks.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
definately downside to being jacked man, i hate it when people ask me if i'm on steroids or something. i'm pretty lean though and i've never ever had a girl complain. actually never been with a girl who didn't prefer being with a lean dude with some muscle like me so i could care about the haters.

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
hmmm interesting problem to have.i myself have been told by females i look intimidating or they say they assumed me to be self centered and ****y.and im like "why just cuz i work out lol?"and it seems like u attract more cnfrontations from being big.all the little insecure guys want to make a point to start something just to impress there girl or there friends.i dont go out as much since ive beeen working out.mainly cuz i fell out with my old drinking buddies and for the simple fact of a few confrontations and negative attention.hell i cant even go watch a ufc fight without someone running their mouth to me.sucks.
i love how many assume that you are ****y becasue you are big/built
i deal with it all the time with people thinking i am ****y because of my look, when i think it should show determination, ambition, and self respect .. all qualities you would think females would be interested in partnering with
when it seems the skinny, unathletic, binge drinkers were the ones gettin them..
i cant wrap my head around it, but i guess they cannot wrap their heads around why we work out/ do somethin active 5+ days a week

JeremyT

Awards
You guys suck. I have never had that problem! haha. Seriously though, I thought I might add a touch of perspective to the situation. Being about 6'3", 150, That is something that I have never experienced, and while i'm sure it could be terrible, its perhaps better then being called a skeleton, and only getting negative comments about how small and weak you look. That is quite a bit less fun.

daveydoodle

daveydoodle

Awards
I'm married so the gettin chicks part is long gone :(, but I do draw alot of attention, and always have to answer the question "Are you on Steroids?" I just finished a 5 week Tren/P-Plex cycle and topped out at at 269 (at 6'4") so I've really been getting alot of attention latelty. My suggestion is to try and find bigger clothes. If the ladies are your focus, I've never known a girl who was more impressed with a guy that could lift a bus versus a guy who had a nice six pack. If size is your focus, keep growing! Good Luck

Gunz007

Gunz007

Awards
I have not even started my first cycle yet and I get people telling me I look too big. Honestly I could care less Im only 180 lbs now and my goal is 225 at 10% bf. If certain girls, imature guys, or anyone else does not approve I really don't give a dam. I am happier when i get bigger so my happiness matters more than some strangers opinion.

Do what makes you happiest dude, thats what bodybuilding is about!

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I WALKED IN THE HOOKAH BAR TIPPIN THE SCALE AT 245+ MAN ALL EYES ON ME! guys usally ask for adivce and women usually ask how much i rep or inch on body parts. basically do want GUNTER does. smile look happy and ppl will know ur not intiminating

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
acutally i was 20 when it happened.

its kinda like a celeberity feeling when i go to parties or just meet new ppl. but when i cut down alil they always ask me if im UFC so alot of time my buddy will just yell out in a bar ro so "hey hopw much was ur UFC contect"

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

How old are you? How old are your friends? Not for nothing but in both the scenarios the respondents sound like children.

FYI - You are intimidating when you have to ask why no one will approach or talk to you. :)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My friend gets this everywhere he goes (he's about 290), but he always gets a positive reaction. The thing that I've noticed is that he's very comfortable in his own skin and that aura radiates outward.

tumtum

Awards
  • Established
since i'm in college..i often times get labeled a dumb athelete on scholarship... lol.. but the truth is i dont play any sports... (for the school).. and i'm about to start working on my masters degree in history... i like to shut them up when i pull in the A's... pricks

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
People look at you real differently when you're big. Being leaner does help though, I'd try for that, i spent a lot of being being heavier than I am now and I much prefer being under 10% bodyfat and having a well trimmed look but still a lot of muscle. I don't have more muscle than before but I do look much more juiced.... Still no one has asked me if i'm on steroids.

Sometimes people kinda give you **** but that's just them being jealous. I only have to take **** from my friends and that's all good, strangers know better than to do that. I think a lot of people are just kinda jealous and so that might provoke some weird reactions or negativity out of them but when the guys are checking you out, and the chicks are checking you out, its jealousy.

Also don't worry about the chick calling you an ogre... girls definitely like guys that are manly and built. Its evolutionary instinct! If anything try dropping off some bodyfat, being big and under 10% bodyfat makes you look way better than being huge with over 12% bodyfat.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Idk why but I always used to get asked if I was on steroids before I even did a cycle. It is a different feeling walking into a room when u r big(although I havent been under 200 in a LONG time).

I think the intimidating look is more facial than body although body language won't help. Girls pick up on facial expressions and body language a lot better than guys. U might not even realize u r giving people dirty looks.

If a girl is calling u names that means she is checking u out. This 1 girl keeps calling me a beast. I didn't like it at first but now I do. Doesn't hurt she is sexy as hell.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
haha someone say va-jay-jay

props just for that in a sentance

Chucke

Awards
I'm not a huge guy but I tend to wear bigger clothes anyway - except at the gym of course. Even at the gym though I get shi**y looks every once in a while. I've found that most folks ease up a bit if you smile and nod...and if they don't then just break off their arms and beat them to death.:18:

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Quan chi in MK4 would rip ur leg off and beat u to death with it!

DenDestroys

Awards
Normally the people I encounter at my job, and they're always strangers; the skinny, little (unathletic) looking people are the snobby customers, while the obvious weightlifters I meet are usually always the most courteous of them all.

On a side-note - does anyone ever notice how a lot of big guys you are smoking cigarettes? I think, "hmm, they must bust their ass in the gym to get that look.". Then I see them light up - 75% of most weightlifters I see, and this is at my work, in cities, etc. But they all smoke.

Beater

Beater

Banned
Awards
Some people go through their entire lives wishing and yearning to be noticed. You don't have that problem so you got to embrace it man. One day you will look back at these years as your physical peak. Live it up while it lasts and don't be so sensitive or negative. Your apperance is only physical so if eople are giving you a whole lot of **** there might be another reason you aren't fitting in. If you in fact are a meathead ogre then that would have to do more with your personality than your look.

Rodja's post up there made a good point.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
HAHAHA.....cheers to the "Va-Jay-Jay" comment, that s h i t is hilarious.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My friend gets this everywhere he goes (he's about 290), but he always gets a positive reaction. The thing that I've noticed is that he's very comfortable in his own skin and that aura radiates outward.
This. Do what you do for YOU, develop yourself broadly (spiritually, intellectually, artistically, socially and physically) then only worry about those who spark your interest.

The rest are just chattel, and if they disrespect you treat them accordingly - by making it obvious that they are nothing to you.

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
my ex called be va-jay jay since my nickname b4 way JJ.
that same ex loved me at 240lbs it turned on.
"every wants wants to FKCU superman" - remmeber that.

JW32Hoops

JW32Hoops

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sometimes people kinda give you **** but that's just them being jealous.
+1!

Don't worry about it bro. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. Some folks (athletes, lifters) will understand, most folks won't....then you'll get the jealous types who will mock you. It's probably good-natured ball breaking and they're probably a bit envious. Let it roll off your back and do what makes you happy. If that means moving weight and slammin shakes then so be it.

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
people will always hate and be jelouse its how u know ur succeeding. they hate on you (your noticed) but u dont even notice them.

it's sad and its usually those fat lards.

for example i had a buddy dude was pure OBESE mass monster at like 240 5'6 pure fat. and i never made any fun of him i respected him. so he once said to me man stop using steroids. and i was lol. then after liek 4-5th time he said it, i said u fat piece of **** go loose some weight id rather die young then look liek u and die inside everytime i look in mirror

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im like arnold - im very open about my steroid use. (yes i use them / use to use them to compete lol) for example in middle of class some dude was liek jay uses steroids. and like everyone looked at me, so i lectured them and all and every since then not even one [erson in my class (college) ever came up to me and asked if i did steroids. they knew i was cool with what i did and there is nothign else to say....

WWAD what would arnold do.

be honest. if u lie about AAS it only shows u know what ur doing is wrong and ur still doing it. i belive what im doing is right and im doing it right therefore i am honest about it

BigLeeDog

Awards
I'll tell you what. I moved across the state for two years. When I left I was 5 foot 10 and about 135 lbs. I came back at 5 foot 10 187 lbs (about 18 percent body fat but still damn good imo...) All I got was a bunch of questions if I was on steroids and a couple *******s who wanted to fight me because I wasn't a little guy anymore. When I would have hoped to receive a couple compliments.. To hell with em all! Jealousy is a bitch and just because people don't have the determination that some do they want to start hating. Screw em.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
Who cares man......if you can still pull some Va-Jay-Jay on the weekend you're doing something right.

I'm not exactly lean either (have never seen my abs), but I have people tell me I look big and strong, look like a hulk, etc. I still pull chicks so no worries.
I pull "pussington" :006:

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
I used to get f'd with before I got big, but now guys just look down at the ground or in another direction if they don't know me. I'm one of the nicest ppl you'll ever meet but at the same time I like seeing other males cower down if I want them to.:saevil:

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
i love how many assume that you are ****y becasue you are big/built
i deal with it all the time with people thinking i am ****y because of my look, when i think it should show determination, ambition, and self respect .. all qualities you would think females would be interested in partnering with
when it seems the skinny, unathletic, binge drinkers were the ones gettin them..
i cant wrap my head around it, but i guess they cannot wrap their heads around why we work out/ do somethin active 5+ days a week
Yea I can't seem to comprehend that either. If the guy doesn't take care of his body how can he take care of hers?

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
How old are you? How old are your friends? Not for nothing but in both the scenarios the respondents sound like children.

FYI - You are intimidating when you have to ask why no one will approach or talk to you. :)
I'm 24. My friends are my age or older and yes they sound like imbeciles! And the mocking comes from guys but like another poster said, they're just breaking my balls, but it gets old

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
People look at you real differently when you're big. Being leaner does help though, I'd try for that, i spent a lot of being being heavier than I am now and I much prefer being under 10% bodyfat and having a well trimmed look but still a lot of muscle. I don't have more muscle than before but I do look much more juiced.... Still no one has asked me if i'm on steroids.

Sometimes people kinda give you **** but that's just them being jealous. I only have to take **** from my friends and that's all good, strangers know better than to do that. I think a lot of people are just kinda jealous and so that might provoke some weird reactions or negativity out of them but when the guys are checking you out, and the chicks are checking you out, its jealousy.

Also don't worry about the chick calling you an ogre... girls definitely like guys that are manly and built. Its evolutionary instinct! If anything try dropping off some bodyfat, being big and under 10% bodyfat makes you look way better than being huge with over 12% bodyfat.
Good Advice... I'm starting a cut today lol
Yea your'e right though, people are envious and that chick IS on my gonads- but she's not really that hot... but i STILL might have to splack it for the sake of "evolutionary instinct"

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
+1!

Don't worry about it bro. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks. Some folks (athletes, lifters) will understand, most folks won't....then you'll get the jealous types who will mock you. It's probably good-natured ball breaking and they're probably a bit envious. Let it roll off your back and do what makes you happy. If that means moving weight and slammin shakes then so be it.
Yea they definetely don't have a clue. I'll let them drink their regular sodas (i drink diet) and eat their bologna and american cheese on white bread and sit on their fat gut asses and mock me all they want. IM MOVING WEIGHT!

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
people will always hate and be jelouse its how u know ur succeeding. they hate on you (your noticed) but u dont even notice them.

it's sad and its usually those fat lards.

for example i had a buddy dude was pure OBESE mass monster at like 240 5'6 pure fat. and i never made any fun of him i respected him. so he once said to me man stop using steroids. and i was lol. then after liek 4-5th time he said it, i said u fat piece of **** go loose some weight id rather die young then look liek u and die inside everytime i look in mirror
Yea I DONT DO STEROIDS but i've had people accuse me or ask me if I did and it gets effin old.

bezoe

bezoe

Awards
  • Established
acutally i was 20 when it happened.

its kinda like a celeberity feeling when i go to parties or just meet new ppl. but when i cut down alil they always ask me if im UFC so alot of time my buddy will just yell out in a bar ro so "hey hopw much was ur UFC contect"
EXACTLY! I had a stripper in awe looking and feeling my arms and chest the other day and everywhere I go people are like WOW, but girls have said if I was any bigger it would be "ewww". I guess I can't complain about the few who can't accept it... screw em

muller

muller

Awards
then after liek 4-5th time he said it, i said u fat piece of **** go loose some weight id rather die young then look liek u and die inside everytime i look in mirror
Quote of the MONTH!!!

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks ^

btw yah i went to strip club too and those girls always touch me! their are impressed with my body and i touch them :)

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The last time I went to a stripper club I wish they HADN'T touched me lol.

DenDestroys

Awards
thanks ^

btw yah i went to strip club too and those girls always touch me! their are impressed with my body and i touch them :)

Hah, the joints around here are no touching alowed, unless it's by the females. But some people never learn, like my buddy, he licked their nipples twice, each time he was there, and was thrown out by the bouncers each time.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established

i'm not exactly huge (6'1" 205) but i'm bigger and more vascular then most guys walking around. when i'm in the gym i get looks when i'm pumped up and also when i'm walking around stores and such (no matter where i am, i walk with confidence, which i think gets noticed) but i try and keep a small grin on my face. you know, a kind of peacefull look to so that people are not afraid to talk to me. if i walk around with a pissed off look (not matter how big you are or aren't) people assume your a prick and will avoid you.

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hah, the joints around here are no touching alowed, unless it's by the females. But some people never learn, like my buddy, he licked their nipples twice, each time he was there, and was thrown out by the bouncers each time.
ohh some are desperate! they will let u DO STUFF to them we got a dirty one up here RICKS they will **** u for that $$$ :)

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
thanks ^

The last time I was at a strip club I actually had a stripper unbutton my shirt and compare her boobs to mine. Her co-workers did the judging.....I won:head:

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
OMFG SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!
they always wanna see me nipple ring :)

i always say to girls " u can touch mine if i can touch urs "