Awards
Deca vs. Eq?

in terms of gains, sides etc.

basically anything you can think of

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Mg for mg I'd conseder EQ to be the stronger of the two and also the least likely to cause side effects. Deca has a progestegenic nature which means that, although it doesn't aromatize as well as test it can still have many of the same side effects. On the other hand deca will also cause alot of the "water bloat" associated with aromatizing compounds and so the gains while on cycle are better than for EQ.

The other side of the story is that EQ has some unique properties that make it a useful steroid. It increases appetite (always a bonus when going for gains in lean muscle mass) and it increases red blood cell production giving a tight vascular look to those who take it.

In the end I'd say EQ is the better compound. But that's just my opinion, many others would disaggree.

CrazyNut

Awards
well thats what i thought until i actually cycled both of them seperately with test !
With EQ i did not notice much of an apetite increase, although the vascularity was good.
The size yielded with Deca was far more impressive. Norandrolone (sp?) is theoretically more anabolic than test and for me personally test + deca stack yielded far better results as far as total mass gain is concerned.
Deca does cause more bloat and greater fat retention.
WORD OF CAUTION : DO NOT ADMINISTER DECA WITHOUT HAVING PROPER PCT and HCG on hand. DECA CAUSE SEVER SUPPRESSION OF THE HPTA AND THATS WHY PEOPLE SHY AWAY FROM IT !

But if you have HCG, I would propose deca over EQ anyday.

For some raw number from the two cycle -
both 500 mg test/week and 500mg of either EQ or deca

With test + EQ i put on 17 lbs net.
test + deca, it was up near 26 - 28 lbs

Took me 2 months to recover completely from the deca cycle though. I will do deca again but only with HCG

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
well thats what i thought until i actually cycled both of them seperately with test !
With EQ i did not notice much of an apetite increase, although the vascularity was good.
The size yielded with Deca was far more impressive. Norandrolone (sp?) is theoretically more anabolic than test and for me personally test + deca stack yielded far better results as far as total mass gain is concerned.
Deca does cause more bloat and greater fat retention.
WORD OF CAUTION : DO NOT ADMINISTER DECA WITHOUT HAVING PROPER PCT and HCG on hand. DECA CAUSE SEVER SUPPRESSION OF THE HPTA AND THATS WHY PEOPLE SHY AWAY FROM IT !

But if you have HCG, I would propose deca over EQ anyday.

Took me 2 months to recover completely from the deca cycle though. I will do deca again but only with HCG
Good post. Will note ;)

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Great post Crazy. I'll still shy away from Deca though as I know a few people who had HUGE difficulty recovering from it post cycle. But in the end yeah I would say deca would definately cause the greatest gains but then most don't use EQ in an equal dosage to deca for a cycle either.

CrazyNut

Awards
Great post Crazy. I'll still shy away from Deca though as I know a few people who had HUGE difficulty recovering from it post cycle. But in the end yeah I would say deca would definately cause the greatest gains but then most don't use EQ in an equal dosage to deca for a cycle either.
yeah i have heard people getting messed up after deca. a good rule of thumb is to end deca earlier than test, so that it has longer time to clean out of the system. deca has a longer half-life (?) than test, so its a good idea to end deca earlier.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Here is my two cents, Deca has less aromatization but more water bloat due to the progesterone thing. Eq is slightly more androgenic and you have to consider the over production of RBC. Only a problem in high dose, I like how both stack well with Dbol but the aftermath of Deca/Dbol is horrible. Personally my favorite is EQ.

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established

my question is which did you keep more gains from, or at least a higher percentage of gains from. Cuz as you and others have already stated Deca causes you to hold more water, of course leading to more gains. But how much of the water weight disappeared PC compared to the loss of weight during post cycle after EQ

CrazyNut

Awards
my question is which did you keep more gains from, or at least a higher percentage of gains from. Cuz as you and others have already stated Deca causes you to hold more water, of course leading to more gains. But how much of the water weight disappeared PC compared to the loss of weight during post cycle after EQ
I think keeping gains has a lot to do with your PCT regiment. If you have a strict and good PCT, you will keep most of your gains.
The water bloat is not that much if you have something like arimidex/liquidex etc. Although Deca does cause more water retention, you can eliminate a good degree of that with the above mentioned compounds.
Other than that, keeping gains has everything to do with your PCT, exercise intensity/frequency and caloric intake.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
CrazyNut, have you ever used 1-test cyp? I've heard that it gives as good as gains as EQ but more androgenic.