quick question on shutdown

Willybeme

Awards
So your body shuts down its natural test in response to a exogenous substance of test. My question is if there is a complete shutdown no matter the amount taken or a shutdown to a degree related to the amount taken. Example - i got a bottle of epi, will there be a difference in shutdown if i take 20mg as opposed to 40mg? Thanks in advance, trying to learn as much as possible before this cycle.

Ps- the answer to this question will greatly influence the dosage i decide to take and the duration of the cycle.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
with a 20mg dose shut down will be slower, but its going to hapen if ran for a full cycle. there is no way around it. if you have a good pct then there is no reason to low dose to try and save test levels.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
So your body shuts down its natural test in response to a exogenous substance of test. My question is if there is a complete shutdown no matter the amount taken or a shutdown to a degree related to the amount taken. Example - i got a bottle of epi, will there be a difference in shutdown if i take 20mg as opposed to 40mg? Thanks in advance, trying to learn as much as possible before this cycle.

Ps- the answer to this question will greatly influence the dosage i decide to take and the duration of the cycle.
Shutdown is gradual depending on dose.

Willybeme

Awards
so would a 30/30/30/30 cycle of epi be recommended over a 20/20/20/20/20/20? btw because of existing mild pubertal gyno i have a good stacked pct on hand

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
so would a 30/30/30/30 cycle of epi be recommended over a 20/20/20/20/20/20? btw because of existing mild pubertal gyno i have a good stacked pct on hand
Depends on what your goals are, and in some cases, epi has been shown to reduce gyno. What is your PCT out of curiousity?

RSR36

Awards
Shutdown (or supression of the HPTA) is also in response to the type of AAS used. A non-aromatizing, non-progestin MAY cause less supression than other androgens. So anavar MAY be less supressive than dianabol in most people. And nandrolone may be more supressive than dianabol. And going further, trenbolone will most likely be even more supressive at a faster rate to the HPTA. But ultimately, ALL AAS will shut you down eventually, given a long enough duration and large enough dose. Of course this is just a general guidline.

Willybeme

Awards
in response to katatro - my pct includes clomid, an assload of raloxifene, and novedex Xt.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Shutdown (or supression of the HPTA) is also in response to the type of AAS used. A non-aromatizing, non-progestin MAY cause less supression than other androgens. So anavar MAY be less supressive than dianabol in most people. And nandrolone may be more supressive than dianabol. And going further, trenbolone will most likely be even more supressive at a faster rate to the HPTA. But ultimately, ALL AAS will shut you down eventually, given a long enough duration and large enough dose. Of course this is just a general guidline.
True. But I think we need to make a distinction between "shutdown" and suppression. ALL AAS will result in some degree of suppression. Shutdown, which would be the virtual cessation of any natural testosterone production would only occur with higher doses and/or longer duration.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Like someone else mentioned, it depends on your goal. As mentioned, epi has been shown to help diminish gyno.

Willybeme

Awards
Goal of cycle is strength, but i would sacrifice any and all results for gyno removal lol. So im going to with the six week cycle in hopes of reducing existing gyno. I also decided to buy another bottle and do a six week cycle of 30mg ED.