Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.54%

American Cellular Labs, Busted

BALCO agent searches for steroids in supplements

By EDDIE PELLS, AP National Writer Thursday, July 23, 2009

The investigator who led the BALCO probe has taken aim at a San Francisco-area supplement manufacturer, claiming the products they sell are laced with designer steroids.

Authorities filed a search warrant under seal Tuesday in federal court to raid the home of American Cellular Labs CEO Maurice Sandoval and a Max Muscle supplement store he’s associated with for evidence the company sells steroids under the guise of a supplement.

The court documents were made available to the public Thursday.

In an affidavit, Jeff Novitzky, special agent for the Food and Drug Administration, said the company’s products Tren Xtreme and Mass Extreme contained designer steroids “Tren” and “Madol,” which were identified during the investigation into the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative.

Novitzky led the way on BALCO, the focal point of a scandal involving performance-enhancing drugs that included top-level athletes, including Marion Jones, Tim Montgomery and Barry Bonds.

Novitzky used some of the same techniques he employed in BALCO to gather evidence supporting the search warrant in this case, including digging through the trash outside Sandoval’s house in Pacifica, Calif.

Travis Tygart, the CEO of the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, said the raid was welcome news about a multibillion-dollar industry that is not as stringently regulated as the drug industry.

“It ought to give clean athletes renewed hope that the ’A Team’ that was on BALCO is still out there, protecting their rights by continuing to do their best to shut down places that are putting designer steroids out,” Tygart said.

Data seized by investigators could include lists of purchasers of the company’s products. Although major sports and Olympic sports test for Madol and Tren, the drugs are not widely tested for in high schools, many of which have started testing programs in recent years.

Novitzky wrote in the affidavit about his conversation with a salesman at a San Francisco Max Muscle store, who said he would not sell the products to high school kids because there were too many side effects.

Novitzky did not identify himself to the salesman, who told him about a proposed rule to label the products anabolic steroids and said the products would not be around for long because of increased investigations by the FDA into the supplement industry.

The FDA regulates the industry, though some studies show steroids make their way into a number of supplements.

Steve Mister, president of the Council for Responsible Nutrition that represents the supplement industry, conceded in an interview last month that the industry was not spotless.

“There are some small manufacturers who don’t always abide by rules and regulations that are in place,” he said. “But there’s an awful lot of regulation in this industry and to say there isn’t, that’s false.”

A representative from the council did not immediately return an e-mail message left late Thursday by The Associated Press
    Eat Clean. Train Dirty.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.54%

gah, and i just checked their company website and they removed like a ton of their products off there, tren extreme, mass extreme, etc., d@nm it!!
    Eat Clean. Train Dirty.
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

They can't stop all the companies... and when they do get your needles ready...

**** the govenrment by the way.
    Mostly answered PM's
    Don't post on my profile, I don't read that stuff, PM me instead
    <------ Hard to believe, but I wasn't on any anabolics in the avatar shot
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.54%

after all that world news crap it was just a matter of time for this to happen
    Eat Clean. Train Dirty.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.51%

I'm just glad I picked up one of their sweatshirts that says "Got Tren?" on the back of it before they got busted.

these things are a real kick...

Mostly answered PM's
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.8%

hahaha these two were the first two supplements i ever used. put on 13 lbs with there mass extreme phera in a month haha. noooo wonder! thought I responded well to the phera!!
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.54%

i found this somewhere else too:

"federal authorities are looking to seize the Illinois headquarters of ErgoPharm Inc., after a federal agent purchased ErgoPharm products in a Nashua GNC supplement store which contained illegal steroids. ErgoPharm was co-founded by Patrick Arnold, a chemist who served prison time for his role in the BALCO case. FDA issues public health warning about steroid-spiked supplements"
    By Christian Red
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
    Eat Clean. Train Dirty.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.8%

Oh ****. PA's going to get it.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.51%

hold on a sec....

laced with tren and madol? meaning acl's tren xtreme is laced with real tren? or the same 19-nor compound found in every tren x, xtren clone?

and madol = dmt right...does dmt = phera? i always thought dmt was the same compound as phera but now im looking at the compounds again and seeing a difference? or maybe im just up too late!!

were these two acl products banned for being "laced" or is it the actual compound thats on the label (and on every clones label) what has them banned, meaning all clones might be next in line???
  10. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.51%

DMT is phera

I don't think there's any lacing going on, Massdrol is straight up DMT and "tren" is 19-nor i don't think it really contained actual trenbolone.

They may have a hard time targetting clones... Example AX Superdrol was banned a long time ago. Yet I can order Superdrol from a thousand websites under a few dozen different names.

No worries!

And when they do ban everything they'll just have succeeded in forcing us into the black market with steroids, GOOD JOB, i'll have my needles ready... injectable AAS are healthier and give more retainable gains anyways...
    Mostly answered PM's
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.51%

yeah i dont think real trenbolone exists in oral form - ok so im not going crazy here i believe your right nothing is actually "laced" - the compound is the compound we thought it was - as far as we know so far - lol.

also noticed its not just mass xtreme (phera) and tren extreme - googling the news article indicates 8 total pro hormones the FDA forced ACL to stop selling - including HMG (epi) and VNS something (prostanz) - they can keep the prostanz lol...

good job FDA how about regulating all the **** in the fast food or even preservatives in the frozen foods - !!!! how bout the factory farms -talk about all the fast food inducing heart disease ....anything consumed irresponsibly can cause serious health problems -maybe even fatal - its ok if you want to get obese as fast as possible, but a responsible boost for a better body - thats the real problem!!!!
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  176 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.36%

FDA is fuc*king dumb. They always ban things based on the negative reaction to abuse, not proper usage.

FDA regulated ephedra too, then they realized it was only like 5 people out of the 12 million that used it who actually died from ephedra abuse.

IMO they will continue to beat dead horses forever, and we will always find ways to get around their rediculous regulations.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.8%

ha, good point ktatro. THEY BANNED EPHEDRA...its like really...thats basically a plant extract. no ****ing wonder their going to ban tren if they have to ban plants to boost metabolism. and just like unreal is saying. go ahead and ban the lega ****. youre just going to open up pandoras box and were all going to move to aas. well played. very successful FDA. NOT.
  14. PES Rep
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.65%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hard iron View Post
    i found this somewhere else too:

"federal authorities are looking to seize the Illinois headquarters of ErgoPharm Inc., after a federal agent purchased ErgoPharm products in a Nashua GNC supplement store which contained illegal steroids. ErgoPharm was co-founded by Patrick Arnold, a chemist who served prison time for his role in the BALCO case. FDA issues public health warning about steroid-spiked supplements"
    By Christian Red
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
    The feds really dont like PA, ever since the BALCO case they're had a hard on for him, I have no idea what he did to piss them off like this since he already served his time.

Too bad about ACL, I would have liked to try their products!
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26.54%

lol, its gonna be like the gold rush, everyones gonna run to their local supplement store and buy up any ACL products that they have left
    Eat Clean. Train Dirty.
  16. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.15%

im sorry, this is just f ucking retarded...they had a huge frontpage article in the news paper about "supplements laced with steroids"....F UCK U GOVERNMENT

/rant
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.09%

looks like its time to stock the shelves
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  196 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.96%

Poor Poor PA...
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.81%

Quote Originally Posted by texastweeter View Post
    Poor Poor PA...
    none of this makes sense. after that baseball player complained of tainted products by ergopharm, which ended up being unfounded, they're now raiding his compounds which everyone knows is a prohormone? for what? it matches the bottles claim? why, after years of him selling this stuff, do they all of a sudden decide to label it as bad? i mean, they knew he made it and sold it, he's been on fed watch forever, they've had multiple chances to send him back if the FDA so decided to, so what gives now?
  20. PES Rep
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.65%

Quote Originally Posted by suncloud View Post
    none of this makes sense. after that baseball player complained of tainted products by ergopharm, which ended up being unfounded, they're now raiding his compounds which everyone knows is a prohormone? for what? it matches the bottles claim? why, after years of him selling this stuff, do they all of a sudden decide to label it as bad? i mean, they knew he made it and sold it, he's been on fed watch forever, they've had multiple chances to send him back if the FDA so decided to, so what gives now?
    their claim is that it was tainted with banned substance which in it self does not make any sense, he'd better sell under dose supps than illegal ones, but i think this story goes back longer than that, didn't they try to get a confession from PA during the BALCO debacle? and he refused thats why he went to the big house, i believe that confession would have helped the feds case against Bonds which they still dont have a case! its revenge! IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by bdcc View Post
    If you are not on the PES Insider list you are not cool. Uncool people don't deserve free Alphamine.
    PES product educator, PM me with any questions!
  21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.81%

i understand that, but damned, he's been making 1-ad for awhile now, and the feds weren't interested... he's never tainted his products, and the feds proved he was innocent of that.... why are they gunning for him now?
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.8%

this is the most pointless banning ive ever heard. good time to do it when our econmy is in the **** to begin with. if they ban all the good stuff its going to be all about aas. we all have our sources and now that they are being bitches its going to move to an illegal world for all lifters. **** the fda
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.83%

AMerican cellular labs

I heard ACL is coming back. There supposed to have a new product line in the next couple months.
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.19%

ive said it before and i'll say it again...the government will never like the supplement industry and steroids in general because they never see a dime from it.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.07%

I think the bright side about this, is when all the designer steroids are gone, the ppl who shouldnt use steriods will be less likely to b/c a straight jump to injectables will seem less appealing. That make sense?
  26. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.24%

Over regulation will be the downfall of America as a whole. When a man cant wipe his @$$ without filling out 3 request forms and mentioning it on is 1040, people are going to finally pop.

Similar Forum Threads

1. american cellular labs products
    By NattyT in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-22-2011, 10:14 PM
  2. American Cellular Labs
    By jeremyaaron in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-18-2009, 10:39 AM
  3. American Cellular Labs?!?!
    By Xman315 in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 12