Getting Lean and Mean with Epi/11-oxo (log)

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Aight everyone first log here at AM as well as my first cycle, looking forward to seeing how this pans out. Some info about myself - currently 6'0, ~203lbs, ~12-13%, Age 24.

Here's how the cycle is going to run:

Epi - 30/30/30/40/40/40
11-oxo - 0/0/0/0/0/450/450/450

----------------------

Support Supps:

Cycle Assist (on and pct), Taurine, B-complex

Plus all your usuals like a multi, joint support, whey, aminos, etc.
----------------------

PCT:

Reversitol - 3/2/2/1/0/0
AI PCS - 0/0/4/4/4/4
Lean Xtreme - 0/0/3/3/3/3
Activate Xtreme & Powerfull - will start after the reversitol is gone

SERM - Toremifene, on hand. Will use only if I begin to see gyno/acne/shrinkage etc.

-----------------------

Diet:

First 4 weeks:
Mon - 300p/300c/100f
Tue - 300p/200c/100f
Wed - 300p/100c/100f
Thu - repeat mon
Fri - repeat tue
Sat - repeat wed
Sun - free day, lower protein, higher carb, lower fat

-----------------------

Looking to lean out and/or recomp......here we go!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 - I just decided to take my epi with breakfast today. To be honest I definitely felt that dose today. Just took 1 10 mg pill. I'll probably split the first week like this 10/20/20/20/20/30/30 just to ease into it.

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
thats fine, all recommendations usually say start at 10mg for the first couple days, then ramp the dosage up. Looks good. Sub'd

ilovefish

Awards
Nice set up man good luck, i say do 20 today and if you feel alright go on 30 tomorrow an the rest of the week, its mild an 10's an 20 are kind of a waste of a week.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
thats fine, all recommendations usually say start at 10mg for the first couple days, then ramp the dosage up. Looks good. Sub'd
Nice set up man good luck, i say do 20 today and if you feel alright go on 30 tomorrow an the rest of the week, its mild an 10's an 20 are kind of a waste of a week.
Thanks guys, good to have you guys along. I'm probably going to keep the 10/20/20/20/20/30/30 for the first week, maybe change to 10/20/20/20/30/30/30. There is no need to rush anything - 1st cycle so I just want to see how it goes. I do appreciate your opinions...i'm just going to base things on how i'm feeling and how my body responds. Tomorrow i'll definitely up it to 20.

My dosing times will be:
8am (with breakfast)
1pm (with snack)
530pm (pre workout)

I'll work up to a 10mg dose in each time slot, then throw in an extra 10mg dose in the morning when I hit 40mg.

ilovefish

Awards
No problem man your body do what you think is best. definately keep up on the joint support and maybe add some fish oil if your not already taking it to help keep the joints lubed up , by week 4 when i ran epi the pain was pretty bad in my knees.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
No problem man your body do what you think is best. definately keep up on the joint support and maybe add some fish oil if your not already taking it to help keep the joints lubed up , by week 4 when i ran epi the pain was pretty bad in my knees.
Got that covered too brother.....taking 2 packs of animal omega a day!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
workout went good tonight. felt great. Here's some numbers from tonights quad and calf session - I'll just throw up numbers from the last and heaviest set from each exercise. I generally do about 4 sets per exercise.

Quads -
Leg Ext - 255x8 drop to 150x8
BB Hack Squat - 295x6
Front Squat - 250x5
Back Squat - 315x5

Calves -
Seated for 5 sets @ 95x10 with 10 raises from the floor in between
Seated for 5 sets @ 215x10 with 10 raises from the floor in between

Will bump the dosage up to 20 mg tomorrow

spadesofaces

Awards
sub'd.

I'm new here, but after a few days of furious research I'm looking to run something similar as my first cycle in a month or two.

I'm almost identical stats too, minus about 10 lbs, 2-3% BF, and 2 years. ill be following with interest, good luck man!

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
subbed good luck with your first cycle
Thanks man. Great to have you along!

sub'd son!
Yeahhhhhh guy!

sub'd.

I'm new here, but after a few days of furious research I'm looking to run something similar as my first cycle in a month or two.

I'm almost identical stats too, minus about 10 lbs, 2-3% BF, and 2 years. ill be following with interest, good luck man!
Cool man glad to have you along as well. New or old doesn't matter to me. I'm glad you can following along with interest - the whole purpose of this log is to not only make a contribution to AM, but to pass the buck (so to speak) appropriately on to those that sub and read this log and to those that may stumble across this in their independent research.

Thanks for all of you guys who have been posting thus far....the more we have the more successful this log will be IMO. Looks like this log is going to be a great ride fellas hope you are all buckled in!

donagh

Awards
Will folow along here man.
Looking forward to see how you get on.
I actually find my body shape is getting better on pct.
But all in all its a great cycle.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Will folow along here man.
Looking forward to see how you get on.
I actually find my body shape is getting better on pct.
But all in all its a great cycle.
Great to hear your PCT is going well for you brother, great to have you along!

Nice workout man, they'll only get better!
Exactly. I came off of keto a few weeks ago and was just eating at maintenance to let my metabolism rest....needless to say my strength has really came back. Can't wait to see where epi is going to take my strength levels.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
Ive heard mixed reviews on using LX in PCT...

ilovefish

Awards
Ive tired lean xtreme for fat burning purposes and use in pct in my experience its useless in a fat burning scenerio i just didnt notice anything from it but for use in pct i started it the day after my cycle i didnt wait a few weeks and it alllowed me to keep eating massive amounts and i only lost a few pounds an recomped nicely during pct i believe it helped keep the fat off.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Ive tired lean xtreme for fat burning purposes and use in pct in my experience its useless in a fat burning scenerio i just didnt notice anything from it but for use in pct i started it the day after my cycle i didnt wait a few weeks and it alllowed me to keep eating massive amounts and i only lost a few pounds an recomped nicely during pct i believe it helped keep the fat off.
Yea i want to wait a few weeks after the 11-oxo is over since it does a good job of blocking cortisol anyways. Definitely good to know man thanks for the heads up.

ilovefish

Awards
Oh yeah i forgot about the 11 oxo bridge :fool2:

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah i forgot about the 11 oxo bridge :fool2:
It's all good man! Here are some of the numbers from back and bi's tonight....

Back -
HS Row - 3pps x7, followed by 3pps + 25ps x4
DB Row - 110x6
*After this just did a little bit of this and little bit of that...wide grip, neutral grip, and close grip pullups, light deads (i have a bad lower back), a set of V bar pulldowns*

Bi's -
DB Curl - 50x7
BB Curl - 90x5 drop to 40x10
Curl machine - just banged out as many reps as possible till failure, then turned up the weight and did it again for a few sets

30 mins ab class at golds

AM Cardio - 10 mins elliptical, 40 mins incline tread, 5 mins jump rope

Felt really good - probably more placebo at this point...but still feel like my strength is getting back to where it should be after being on keto for so long.

Going to dose again at 20 mg tomorrow and may bump it to 30 the day after that. Going to just play it by ear and see how i'm feeling.

Would like to report that last night I had a bit of trouble sleeping...and I take ZMA and melatonin. I took my dosings of Cycle Assist really close together last night (within 4 hours).....and I think that may be what have kept me up. Whatever. Will keep you all posted on this as it develops.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
#'s from tonight....

Flat BB - 275x1

Machine Flyes - 150x10

HS Incline Press - 2pps + 25ps x8

HS Decline Press - 2pps + 25ps x8

Calves - 215x10, 235x10, 195x10 w/sets of 10 after each 10

AM Cardio - 45 mins incline tread, 5 min run, 5 min jump rope

PM Cardio - 20 mins stairmaster

Slept like a rock last night....and I think I was right in my thinking that the cycle assist doses were just too close together.

Other than that, I had a very slight and very brief headache during my workout today, but it was noticeable. Going to keep my dosing at 20 tomorrow and keep an eye out for any more headaches to pop up.

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
Loooooooooooks good mang.....I just bought a cycle's worth of Epi yesterday. Probly gonna start it in like 5-6weeks, but starting to pull everything together now. Can't waite to see how it works out for you. Keep up the good work though. Whats you calorie split look like each day (pro/fat/carb)?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Loooooooooooks good mang.....I just bought a cycle's worth of Epi yesterday. Probly gonna start it in like 5-6weeks, but starting to pull everything together now. Can't waite to see how it works out for you. Keep up the good work though. Whats you calorie split look like each day (pro/fat/carb)?
Thanks brother! If you see my initial post, it explains my macros for each day of the week. After 4 weeks of that, i'll turn things down a bit.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
workout went good tonight. felt great. Here's some numbers from tonights quad and calf session - I'll just throw up numbers from the last and heaviest set from each exercise. I generally do about 4 sets per exercise.

Quads -
Leg Ext - 255x8 drop to 150x8
BB Hack Squat - 295x6
Front Squat - 250x5
Back Squat - 315x5

Calves -
Seated for 5 sets @ 95x10 with 10 raises from the floor in between
Seated for 5 sets @ 215x10 with 10 raises from the floor in between

Will bump the dosage up to 20 mg tomorrow

is that the whole workout or just highlites??? im a hyoooge fan of low volume...a dc convert myself.....

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
DB Press - 85x5

Rear Delt/Row Machine - 170x5

DB Laterals - 40x6

Seated Bent Over Rear Delt Raise - 30x8

Arnolds - 70x6

DB Shrug - 130x5

Upright Rows - 80x8

AM Cardio - 45 min incline tread, 5 min run, 5 min jump rope
PM Cardio - 10 min stairmaster, 5 min jump rope

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
is that the whole workout or just highlites??? im a hyoooge fan of low volume...a dc convert myself.....
Just the highlights - if I was going to do that low of a volume i'd go much much heavier. I've done DC training before with success too, adapted it to a 5-day split and it worked great I put on some mass. I generally do about 3-4 sets per exercise depending on how i'm feeling...how many exercises I do also depends on how i'm feeling.

I'm generally like to save those kind of routines for mass gains. When I cut all I really worry about is getting in the gym and getting a pump. I don't really try to follow much of anything I just do whatever I feel like doing.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Tri's and Hams

Rope Pulldowns - L13x6

CGBP - 225x5

Dips - banged a bunch out at body weight

Reverse One Handed Pulldowns - L4x6

Ham/Glute Raise - Rack x12

DB Lunges - 70x??? (I was in the zone at this point)

Seated Leg Curl - 150x8

Lying Leg Curl - 150x6

AM Cardio - 45 min incline tread, 5 min run, 5 min jump rope
PM Cardio - 15 min stairmaster

Notes from today - Upped my dosage to 30 mg. All I gotta say is......

Not Now Chief I'm in the ****in Zone!

I was sooooo in the zone today. I could have worked out for so long! I had to make myself leave the gym. Definitely had an added sense of being/euphoria today. Good ****. So far no noticeable negative sides....but then again we are still in week 1 here.

KgTomCat

KgTomCat

Awards
  • Established
I like fasted cardio...sometimes Ill do HIIT, but its killer, maybe a whey shake before

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
If I drink anything during my cardio sessions it's LG Science's BCAA + EAA blend that they have.

spadesofaces

Awards
Tri's and Hams

Notes from today - Upped my dosage to 30 mg. All I gotta say is......

Not Now Chief I'm in the ****in Zone!
do you grunt when you get your swell on in the gym so everyone can see how JACKED and TAN you are?

spadesofaces

Awards
For morning cardio I'll wake up, take 10-15g BCAAs, then go for a run 20-30 mins later. When I get back I slam a 15g casein hydrolysate shake and then make breakfast.

I think the important point isnt the exact type of aminos you get (whey, CH, BCAAs, EAAs etc) pre morning cardio, just that you get some quickly absorbed protein into your system before doing it.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
do you grunt when you get your swell on in the gym so everyone can see how JACKED and TAN you are?
Hell ya.....I didn't even sign in either.

For morning cardio I'll wake up, take 10-15g BCAAs, then go for a run 20-30 mins later. When I get back I slam a 15g casein hydrolysate shake and then make breakfast.

I think the important point isnt the exact type of aminos you get (whey, CH, BCAAs, EAAs etc) pre morning cardio, just that you get some quickly absorbed protein into your system before doing it.
Yea as long as you're getting some pre, post or both that's all that really matters.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Weighed in this morning at 207 and took some progress pics. I had this chick at the tanning salon tell me today that I was looking bigger. I know it's not from the epi since it hasn't even been a week yet. Means my diet must be on the right track.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
i notice epi from day one.....but i think im kind of a super responder

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
i notice epi from day one.....but i think im kind of a super responder
Well I don't feel like i've seen any difference between this week and last week. I keep a close eye on my physique.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Here are the highlights from quads and calves

Extensions - 280x6

Front Squats - 265x2

BB Hack Squats - 295x4

Back Squats - 315x4

Rotary Calf Press - 310x10

Seated Calf - 95 for a few sets

Standing - 215 for a few sets

10 raises from the floor between each set of calves

I do have something to report. Definitely not a good thing but it was my own fault. I am an occasional pot smoker - mainly just smoke on the weekends to relax and have an alternative to drinking alcohol. It was just careless and I really didn't even give it any thought before starting to smoke. I took a couple of bong hits with my roommate saturday and felt like my heart was going to explode. Almost like a severe anxiety attack. So yea I learned my lesson there....no more smoking until the end of this cycle. Hopefully those that read this will learn from my mistake.

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. THC can be reported to initially increase your heartrate, but then it should slow down considerably. THC should not have a cross effect with the Epi. Anything else that could have led to this? Could it have been you simply freaked out because you realized you were on cycle and didnt know what the possible sides could be?

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. THC can be reported to initially increase your heartrate, but then it should slow down considerably. THC should not have a cross effect with the Epi. Anything else that could have led to this? Could it have been you simply freaked out because you realized you were on cycle and didnt know what the possible sides could be?
I don't think so, it didn't even cross my mind until I started to get headlong into it. It was crazy, it was like having a bad LSD/Mushroom trip without the visuals. It would come in waves. My heart would start beating really fast and I would start to freak. At one point I thought I was going to have to get to the ER. But I gave myself something to concentrate on - busted out the guitar hero and played until I felt better. It definitely did not feel right....I have smoked much more than that before and have never felt that way. It had to have been the Epi.

ilovefish

Awards
Note to self, no recreational drugs while on steroids lol

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
There's nothing to say that you can't lol. I've actually seen guys on bulking cycles toke after a workout for the extra hunger. By no means am I condoning this, however upon researching I can find no conclusive evidence to say that the two would adversly effect each other.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
There's nothing to say that you can't lol. I've actually seen guys on bulking cycles toke after a workout for the extra hunger. By no means am I condoning this, however upon researching I can find no conclusive evidence to say that the two would adversly effect each other.
Yea I mean I did some poking around after I had the experience.Most people did report no issues with smoking and PH/DS/AAS use. Maybe I'm unique...but Epi gives me a sense of euphoria and additional awareness so to speak. Weed definitely intensified that feeling and brought on the experience that I described.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
Highlights from back, bi's, and abs

Smith Underhand BB Rows - 275x4

HS Low Row - 3pps + 25 x5

Parallel Bar Pulldowns - L14 x5

Assisted Pullups - did different grips..neutral, wide, underhand, close, etc

DB Curls - 50x8

Pinwheel Curls - 70x5

BB Curls -80x6
Supersetted w/ preacher machine curls (focus on negatives) - every set to failure

30 min ab class at golds

AM Cardio - 40 min incline tread, 5 min run, 5 min jump rope