Question on PEG400 and M5aa

john arnold

Awards
Is there a ratio and if so what for mixing 1 gram M5aa powder with PEG400? Tried searching but was not able to find the amount to mix with 1 gram M5AA, thanks

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
Sledge answered that in a post on here somewhere. I can't remember the ratios because I ordered the already made soln. It is on this board though.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
1 gram in 100ml PEG 400 = 10mg/ml. ( 1000 / 100 = 10 ) :rolleyes:

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
Damn, I must have been high when I answered this post...lol. Thanks Lean One.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
What would be wrong with mixing it with water? I mixed m1,4 with vodka and it seemed to work fine, then I though why not water? Does it dissolve better in other solutions?

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
What would be wrong with mixing it with water? I mixed m1,4 with vodka and it seemed to work fine, then I though why not water? Does it dissolve better in other solutions?
Chemo could answer this better, but you need something strong enough to dissolve it and keep it in solution. God, with some of these questions being asked, you have to wonder if you should be homebrewing at all.Scarry. :confused:

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
Chemo could answer this better, but you need something strong enough to dissolve it and keep it in solution. God, with some of these questions being asked, you have to wonder if you should be homebrewing at all.Scarry. :confused:
What’s so scary about that? I did order PEG400, but as long as the power has an even distribution in the solution I don't see what the problem would be. I can see why someone wouldn't want to use water if they were selling the product, you wouldn't want bacteria to grow in it.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
What’s so scary about that? I did order PEG400, but as long as the power has an even distribution in the solution I don't see what the problem would be. I can see why someone wouldn't want to use water if they were selling the product, you wouldn't want bacteria to grow in it.
Like I said. Scary. :(

Juiceman

Awards
  • Established
I have a question about M-5AA and M1,4ADD. I ordered a gram of each and I also ordered some PEG-400. When I put these in solution do I need to heet them at all, and if so what is the best method of doing this?

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
Chemo could answer this better, but you need something strong enough to dissolve it and keep it in solution.QUOTE]

No liquid research chemical I have ever ordered has been dissolved in the solution. I have always had to heat it and or shake it.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
God, with some of these questions being asked, you have to wonder if you should be homebrewing at all.Scarry. :confused:
Your statement describes my situation to a tee! :D

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
We all start somewhere, chief. ;)

I do agree that a simple search solves everything though.

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I have a question about M-5AA and M1,4ADD. I ordered a gram of each and I also ordered some PEG-400. When I put these in solution do I need to heet them at all, and if so what is the best method of doing this?
I havn't done it myself yet, and some hormones dissolve more easily,but you can either bake it in the oven at 200 to 225, or heat your solution in a pan of hot water. Either way will work. :)

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
you will need to heat them slowly in a water bath, you want to use 99ml of peg400 for every 1 gm of powder to give a 10mg/ml.

none of them go into water alone, they just get clumpy on the bottom. Peg is the only thing that works for M5AA, you maybe able touse vodka or others for some other powders but not fo rthe m5aa.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
you will need to heat them slowly in a water bath, you want to use 99ml of peg400 for every 1 gm of powder to give a 10mg/ml.

none of them go into water alone, they just get clumpy on the bottom. Peg is the only thing that works for M5AA, you maybe able touse vodka or others for some other powders but not fo rthe m5aa.

Thank you.

JonS

Awards
- Looking at the "powder instructions" on designersupps.com, you suggest a 75/25 combo of PEG400 and propylene glycol. I take it from this that the PEG400 works adequately all on it's own? That'd save me $5 :) Alternately, can I use a 50/50 mix of PG/PEG?

- The powder instructions also say that it may need to be heated before use. Does this mean that the solution will gel up on me at room temp, or am I missing something?

- How long will the solution stay potent?

- Any special instructions for storage (glass container and a dark, cool place I'm guessing)?

- Once I have the PEG solution made up, is it stable enough that I can mix it into my preworkout shake and have it stay potent for a few hours until I'm heading to the gym? I know that the oil-based solution won't really mix, but will it suspend well enough that I can get it into my gut, instead of just having it coat the insides of my shaker bottle?

Sorry about the laundry list of questions - I'm trying to figure out if I'm smart enough to do this myself :D

Last edited:

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
Looking at the "powder instructions" on designersupps.com, you suggest a 75/25 combo of PEG400 and propylene glycol. I take it from this that the PEG400 works adequately all on it's own? That'd save me $5 Alternately, can I use a 50/50 mix of PG/PEG?

Just use straight Peg400.

- The powder instructions also say that it may need to be heated before use. Does this mean that the solution will gel up on me at room temp, or am I missing something?

Then it wont gel up at room temp. So you wont need to heat it.

- How long will the solution stay potent?

Should be good for 2 years.

- Any special instructions for storage (glass container and a dark, cool place I'm guessing)?

I would do a glass container, in a cool dark dry place. closets usually work the best for this.

- Once I have the PEG solution made up, is it stable enough that I can mix it into my preworkout shake and have it stay potent for a few hours until I'm heading to the gym? I know that the oil-based solution won't really mix, but will it suspend well enough that I can get it into my gut, instead of just having it coat the insides of my shaker bottle?

I havent tried to mix the peg in a shake, since you want to use it about 1 hour preworkout, i would just drink it then. Dont mix it.

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
Will a 20mg/ml solution work for PEG400 and M1T?

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
I just go my PEG and on the bottle it says Ingestion – Induce vomiting and call medical attention. I take it a ml or 2 a day won’t hurt anything.

JonS

Awards
I just go my PEG and on the bottle it says Ingestion – Induce vomiting and call medical attention. I take it a ml or 2 a day won’t hurt anything.
Correct. PG and PEG are fairly common food additives, as well as drug solvents. Not sure what the effects of an "overdose" are, but at 10mg prohormone per mL of PEG you'd OD on the ph first :D

JonS

Awards
...And then my curiosity got the better of me -
The MSDS for PEG400 states that "Large doses of the lower molecular weight products (PEG 200 and 400) may cause gastro-intestinal upset" and that the oral LD50 for rats (i.e. what is the lethal dose for 50% of rat test subjects) is 30.2g/kg, so assuming 1-to-1 concurrence with humans, it would take 3 kg of PEG 400 to kill a 220 lb guy.

badbart

badbart

Awards
  • Established
...And then my curiosity got the better of me -
The MSDS for PEG400 states that "Large doses of the lower molecular weight products (PEG 200 and 400) may cause gastro-intestinal upset" and that the oral LD50 for rats (i.e. what is the lethal dose for 50% of rat test subjects) is 30.2g/kg, so assuming 1-to-1 concurrence with humans, it would take 3 kg of PEG 400 to kill a 220 lb guy.
Thanks, good info.

Juiceman

Awards
  • Established
I recently mixed 1 gram of m5aa in 99ml of peg 400 and placed it in a hot water bath for about 25 min. It never fully dissolved into solution, you still can see particles floating around. What should I do?

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Give it a 2 minute hot water batrh and shaking prior to each dosage. I had to do that with my M1,4ADD each dosage. It's no big deal bro.

Juiceman

Awards
  • Established
Give it a 2 minute hot water batrh and shaking prior to each dosage. I had to do that with my M1,4ADD each dosage. It's no big deal bro.
My M1,4ADD dissolved completely in 99ml of Peg-400 and has been holding in solution for 3 days now without any particles floating in it. It's just the M5aa that will not completely dissolve. I guess I'll do what you have suggested and see what happens. Thanks for your help.

sifu

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Your M1,4ADD is different than mine. I wasn't given a pure peg solution by sledge, since I received his first beta bottle, it wasn't quite there yet. Anyways just give it a water bath and it will be fine.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
The M5AA is supposed to have a lower solubility then other methyls (M1T, M1,4) There's directions on sldge's site.

JonS

Awards
The M5AA is supposed to have a lower solubility then other methyls (M1T, M1,4)
I was wondering if it would be reasonable to try to do a 20 mg/mL solution of M5AA...it sounds like 10 is about the saturation point.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
I was wondering if it would be reasonable to try to do a 20 mg/mL solution of M5AA...it sounds like 10 is about the saturation point.
If people are having trouble keeping it in solution at 10mg/ml, I think it's pretty safe to say that 20 is too much.

dalejmurphy

Awards
I tried mixing the m5aa with straight pg and it seems to be holding fairly well so far

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
What concentration did you mix Dale? My 10mg/ml is a suspension in PEG 400.

dalejmurphy

Awards
I mixed .25 grams with 25 ml of pg, to make a 10 mg/ml solution

i gave it a warm bath for about 10 minutes, shook the hell out of it,

there is a couple of particles floating around but it mixed pretty well.