Why does 1-test lower libido when in fact it is very androgenic and converts to DHT?

neurotic

Awards
Hello,

I don't understand why 1-test produces lethargy and lowers libido... it should do the opposite taking into account that it's very androgenic and readily converts to DHT... Could anyone explain that to me?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The lack of estrogen and its effect on brain function (noradrenaline) can cause fatique and irritability. At least thats the theory....

neurotic

Awards
And what about lower libido? Where does it stem from when using 1-test?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Your test levels bottom out. Its fairly suyppressive. Thats why 4AD is a good add on.

neurotic

Awards
Your test levels bottom out. Its fairly suyppressive. Thats why 4AD is a good add on.
Yes, but testosterone promotes libido because it's very androgenic and it converts to DHT...Being 1-test very androgenic and converting to DHT... shouldn't it be a good libido booster?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What studies do you have that says DHT causes the libido increase in normal men?

When your test levels bottom out, your DHT levels drop. DHT is thought to be a metabolite of 1-test but it probably doesnt' metabolize nearly the amount needed to counteract the loss.

Nobody knows for a fact why any of this happens. Even if you ask PA he will tell you its all theory.

neurotic

Awards
What studies do you have that says DHT causes the libido increase in normal men?
There is ample evidence showing that Finasteride administration to normal men causes libido issues.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah and Proviron increases libido when I use it but you still haven't answered the question. That doens't mean DHT is the only thing mediating libido and circulting testosterone could still have a major impact. In fact, with 1-Test, it seems like it does.

MedicineMan

Awards
I think its probably a combination of low estrogen, DHT, and test that is responsible for the loss of libido. I know many guys who when taking aromatase inhibitors complain of a drop in their libido

neurotic

Awards
I know many guys who when taking aromatase inhibitors complain of a drop in their libido
Thank you MedicineMan, that would explain why 1-test lowers libido: non-aromatizing compound + high endogenous test supression ----> NO estrogen in your body. :)

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
That doens't mean DHT is the only thing mediating libido and circulting testosterone could still have a major impact. In fact, with 1-Test, it seems like it does.
I think this could be easily overlooked. It would seem to me that it's not always very easy to point out exactly why things happen with androgens when there are usually so many conversions going on and other aspects to consider (i.e any other androgens in the stack, any anti-e's, length of cycle, base levels to begin with, so on and so forth). I think MedicineMan is on to something also :)

Onslaught

Awards
  • Established

When your test levels bottom out, your DHT levels drop. DHT is thought to be a metabolite of 1-test but it probably doesnt' metabolize nearly the amount needed to counteract the loss.

Nobody knows for a fact why any of this happens. Even if you ask PA he will tell you its all theory.
I fairly certain you have it backwards. I thought 1-test (which is misnomer, 1-DHT would be more fitting) is a metabolite of DHT which cannot be converted back.

Bryan

Awards
PA said 1-test converted to DHT through an unknown pathway.

BUFF STUFF

Awards
Thank you MedicineMan, that would explain why 1-test lowers libido: non-aromatizing compound + high endogenous test supression ----> NO estrogen in your body. :)
is this right?

I mean u naturaly have estrogen in your body anyways, who agrees that taking 1-test will elimante the small amount of estrogen in your body?

neurotic

Awards
is this right?

I mean u naturaly have estrogen in your body anyways, who agrees that taking 1-test will elimante the small amount of estrogen in your body?
It's not like 1-test "eliminates" estrogen. 1-test supresses your endogenous production of test and hence there's no test left to aromatize.
On the other hand, being 5-alpha-reduced, 1-test cannot aromatize and make up for that estrogen.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Gee, I think that was said before by someone.

comrade

Awards
Estrogen is essential for any androgen, test or dht, to be active in the CNS and because 1-ad is inactive in the CNS on the first dose (i believe this is true for most) than I think it is some unexplanable reason why this drug doesn't stimulate the CNS, and if it doesn't stimulate the CNS, PA's explanation posted below also makes no sense.

btw, the lethargy and libido problems are two different issues.

Here is what PA said about the lethargy.

Patrick Arnold : "

I don't think its lowered estrogen that makes you lazy because otherdrugs that lower estrogen don't do this. Its probably something we just don't completely understand. It may havesomething to do with high androgenic stimulation in the brain depletingsome neurotransmitters or something. I think some other very highandrogenic steroids also tend to just zombie you out too (includingmibolerone, which DOES aromatize)Maybe stuff like tyrosine, acetylcholine precursors, l-dopa, andsimilar brain supplements might help this. would be interesting tofind out"

neurotic

Awards
Gee, I think that was said before by someone.
You said "The lack of estrogen and its effect on brain function (noradrenaline) can cause fatique and irritability. At least thats the theory...."

That was as far as lethargy goes, it didn't involve libido issues...
:)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I addressed the libido question. I said its highly suppressive to testosterone, therefore estrogen levels are lowered as well, as well as DHT. Thats common sense. It wasn't that hard to put together.

comrade

Awards
I addressed the libido question. I said its highly suppressive to testosterone, therefore estrogen levels are lowered as well, as well as DHT. Thats common sense. It wasn't that hard to put together.
yeah but I believe the suppressed libido happens from day one, and since that is not time enough for oestrogen levels to be effected the additional androgens should have the opposite effect, so there may be something else going on here.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nah...It takes about a week for me. It does depend on the individual but its certainly not that fast acting for everyone. In fact some people epxerience increased libido the first week before it drops off.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah but I believe the suppressed libido happens from day one, and since that is not time enough for oestrogen levels to be effected the additional androgens should have the opposite effect, so there may be something else going on here.
And oestrogen levels can easily bottom out within 2 to 3 days.