replace pin?

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
How many people here replace their needle after drawing from a vial? is it important?

brugalou

brugalou

Awards
  • Established
Use the same needle for drawing and always a new needle for sticking

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sometimes. depends on what, and what volume. I can survive a 22 in the glutes, but anything smaller than that takes forever to draw anything, so its easier to have an 18 to draw, and 23 or smaller to use

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
draw with an 18 or 20 shoot pin with a 23. always replace the pin, ALWAYS

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
cool guys that's what i heard, just wanted to make sure.

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have done it both ways but I prefer to draw with a 18-20 and shoot with a new 23.

callaway

Awards
I am currently drawing with 23 and shooting with 25. But that's just because I have some 23's i need to get rid of.....does take forever. Think ill get a little thicker guage from here on out. Eh, live and you learn.

C_

UKStrength

Always mate, once that needle is exposed to the air it's not sterile. Once it breaks the vial it's now covered in bacteria and dull. Definitely replace every time ;)

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Not to mention dulling of the blade.

People should use filter needles drawing from amps but I know alot that don't

DrivenDreams

Awards
  • Established
I remember my mistake of using a pin I already used to draw with...boy was that ****er dull...

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
i have a ****load of 3mL syringes with 18g 1.5" on them to draw with, then i replace with either 23g 1.5" for glutes or 25g 1" for quads or delts

liftw8t

Awards
yeah replace so you get a sharper needle when you stick makes it a whole lot easier

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
meh ur all a bunch of sissies, i use a turkey injecter to pin my gear!!! jk

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
meh ur all a bunch of sissies, i use a turkey injecter to pin my gear!!! jk
:lol:..........well i pinned for my 1st time on tuesday. and yes, i did replace the 18 with a 23. i thought injecting would be more complex. that s**t was easy.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
:lol:..........well i pinned for my 1st time on tuesday. and yes, i did replace the 18 with a 23. i thought injecting would be more complex. that s**t was easy.

yeah....most guys say that...once you actually get the balls to do it...its not that bad....i remember the first time i pinned myself....i sat on my toilte for like an hour with the syringe hovering above my thigh.....ha

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to say i'm liking using a 22 in the quads better than 23

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
somehow it seems less painful. it may be like the difference between 27s and 25s in the delts. Although the 27s are smaller, they end up slower so stay in longer (and you are more likely to jiggle it the longer its in), plus since you are squeezing harder you also have it leaving the needle at higher pressure into your body. I'm just guessing thats why.

texastweeter

texastweeter

Awards
  • Established
mooch spending an houre on the toilette...not a thing i want to think about...

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
mooch spending an houre on the toilette...not a thing i want to think about...
ooooh....every time i start my metamucil im on there for at least an hour trying to pinch it off......