m5aa

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
i have a question about m5aa. it converts to proviron dosent it? its used primarily as an anti-aromatase drug, and has no anabolic proprties. so someone using it should expect no gains from it. so its only good for pre-workout boost, is that true?

surferdude26

Awards
i have a question about m5aa. it converts to proviron dosent it? its used primarily as an anti-aromatase drug, and has no anabolic proprties. so someone using it should expect no gains from it. so its only good for pre-workout boost, is that true?
it converts to masteron I believe, not proviron.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Proviron = 1 alpha-methyl-DHT
Masteron = 2 alpha-methyl-DHT

5-AA converts into DHT so M5-AA converts in 17-methyl DHT. Its different than both above. At least thats whats I see.

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established

5-AA converts into DHT so M5-AA converts in 17-methyl DHT. Its different than both above. At least thats whats I see.

from big cat article:

Unfortunately there is a control mechanism for DHT in the human body. When levels get too high, the 3alpha hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase enzyme converts it to a mostly inactive compound known as 3-alpha (5-alpha-androstan-3alpha,17beta-diol), a prohormone if you will. It can equally convert back to DHT by way of the same enzyme when low levels of DHT are detected. But it means that unless one uses ridiculously high amounts, most of what is administered is quite useless at the height of the androgen receptor in muscle tissue and thus mesterolone is not particularly suited, if at all, to promote muscle hypertrophy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
dose the same thing happen with m5aa? its useless for muscle building because dht converts back?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
from big cat article:

Unfortunately there is a control mechanism for DHT in the human body. When levels get too high, the 3alpha hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase enzyme converts it to a mostly inactive compound known as 3-alpha (5-alpha-androstan-3alpha,17beta-diol), a prohormone if you will. It can equally convert back to DHT by way of the same enzyme when low levels of DHT are detected. But it means that unless one uses ridiculously high amounts, most of what is administered is quite useless at the height of the androgen receptor in muscle tissue and thus mesterolone is not particularly suited, if at all, to promote muscle hypertrophy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
dose the same thing happen with m5aa? its useless for muscle building because dht converts back?

Could happen but it needs to get broken down first, so in that time it could have more postivie effects. M5AA was never looked at as a great muscle builder. Its more for cutting and hardening up.

EDIT: Good for strenght too.

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established

Masteron is not 2 alpha methyl DHT, masteron is drostanolone propionate which is not methylated.

To the original post, the product hormone is mestanolone.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Masteron is not 2 alpha methyl DHT, masteron is drostanolone propionate which is not methylated.

Masteron

Chemical structure: 2 alpha-methyl-17 beta-hydroxy-5 alpha-androstan-3-one

"Lots of people have written me asking about this substance, and I admit I didn't have a clue. With the help of Mr. Patrick Arnold, I managed to at least get the search going and I present you with the conclusion. Often 5-AA has been called a precursor to the hormone Masteron (Dromostanolone), a fact that has been happily exploited by one manufacturer that used a similar name and is guilty of setting a bad example by naming his product after a steroid. In effect, Masteron has an extra 2-alpha methyl group. 5AA does not. Masteron is also known as 2-alpha-methyl DHT, or DHT with an extra 2-alpha-methyl group. So what is 5-AA really a precursor too? According to the spec, good old DHT"

Is he wrong?

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
from big cats steroid profile

Proviron is an orally active, 1-methylated DHT. Like Masteron, but then actually delivered in an oral fashion

Proviron Chemical structure: 1 alpha-methyl-17 beta-hydroxy-5 alpha-androstan-3-one

Masteron Chemical structure: 2 alpha-methyl-17 beta-hydroxy-5 alpha-androstan-3-one

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its like masteron but its not masteron. They are two comletely different substnaces.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

How can M5AA convert into Proviron? Who said that?

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
yep bob is right 5aa converts to DHT

Name: 5-alpha-androstene-3-one,17b-ol
Precursors: 5-alpha-androstane-3ك,17ك-diol, 5-alpha-androstane-3,17-dione
Forms: None

The word DHT must be running shivers down the spines of some experienced prohormone users. And I must say I wasn't too pleased with the invention of a prohormone that directly converts to DHT either. This is after all the stuff that was named as the main culprit in accelerated male pattern baldness, prostate hypertrophy, acne and increased facial and body hair growth. So why would anyone want to use straight DHT ? Well androgen related side-effects do not occur in everyone, usually only a percentage of people suffer from the severest side-effects. And other prohormones do exert these androgenic effects themselves to some extent as well. Either by converting to DHT or by stimulating androgen receptors in other ways. So the increased risk of using DHT isn't that much greater, unless of course you really have male pattern baldness (MPB), in which case using this product will leave you permanently bald after prolonged use. But the increased risk between this and a precursor to 1-testosterone or even testosterone is really not that great.

So what are the benefits of using DHT ? Are there any ? Well there are some, but I agree, not many. DHT and its derivatives do play an important role in the success of testosterone based products. Mainly in the neuromuscular department. Many of the strength related effects of testosterone and other steroids are due to neuromuscular stimulation by way of DHT. It will allow for dramatic strength increases over a short period of time. Combined with the fact that it is already 5-alpha reduced and cannot aromatise that makes DHT a winner for weight-lifters trying to make a weight class. The weight gain is minimal, and all of it muscle, and your strength shoots through the roof.

Another benefit of using DHT and the like is that it promotes muscle hardness to a large point, making it a possible favorite for pre-contest bodybuilders. This could however be a problem as DHT does stimulate acne and skin impurities, and as mentioned before, if you have MPB the risk is considerable. But nonetheless the increased hardness, striations and vascularity can pay off.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Masteron is still methylated. Its just not orally active or 17 alpha-alkylated.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its (proviron) is not methyalted masteron. Its LIKE masteron but its NOT masteron.

MedicineMan

Awards
No, he means what he said. The 1 methyl group of proviron makes it orally active. The 2 methyl group of masteron does not make it orally active, it protects it from the 3 alpha hydroxysteroid dh making it more potent in terms of muscle building.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never claimed M5AA converted into Proviron. I didn't say that, only you I suppose.
I didn't say that. I misread. THats why it surprised me. Thought you said Mesterolone. Who said it converted into Primo?

I figured it woud be straight 17 methyl DHT since 5AA converts to DHT. Just shows how much research I've done on this one. Need to get to it... :saw:

Sldge

Super Lab Rat
Awards
  • Established
No M5AA converts to mestanolone, not proviron or masteron. something totaly different. Proviron dosent give strength gains like mestanolone, since no one has ever used mestanolone it is easier to describe it to be more like masteron. You wont have huge gain sin mass directly from M5AA, it is more indirect. Increase in strength as well as power and more focus while training allows for heavier weights to be lifted which should then cause more trauma giving more muscle.

Mestanolone: 17a-Methyl-5a-androstan-17b-ol-3-one; 17alpha-Methyldihydrotestosterone;

Masteron: 2 alpha-methyl-17 beta-hydroxy-5 alpha-androstan-3-one

Proviron: mesterolone, 1 alpha-methyl-17 beta-hydroxy-5 alpha-androstan-3-one

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mestanolone
Methenolone
Mesterolone

**** makes your head spin sometimes...

ke0ki

Board Supporter
Awards
how much of these dramatic strength increases should one expect to keep after coming off a cycle? should nolva be run while on cycle or only pct and at what dosages? how hard does m5aa shut you down? how hepatotoxic would you say this compound is compared to other methylated orals such as m1t and m14add?

sorry for the questions, but i am very interested in this product. plus i got a free bottle from lg :D

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I took m5aa for two weeks (20mg/day 1st week, then 20mg pre wo only 2nd week). I've only had two workouts w/o the m5 so far. I seem to have kept my strength, but I will say the weight feels heavier now, it's just harder to get through my sets. It's a mind thing really, the focus and aggression helps a lot. There's no doubt, you can feel 20mg. I had absolutely no problems with my prostate (which is normally fairly sensitive), and didn't notice any hair loss (although I also used spiro), but I did get some acne on my shoulders and felt a little more aggressive. I'm cutting now, and it made every workout feel like a great workout. I don't think it shut me down much if at all. I was considering stacking it with m1t later (m5 pre wo only), but honestly the two substances both jack my blood pressure too much to use them together (and liver I assume). As far as hepatotoxicity, I only know what bobo and chemo have said, so I know to take low doses of any methyl, for relatively short cycles, with no methyl stacking.

Vice

Awards
I took m5aa for two weeks (20mg/day 1st week, then 20mg pre wo only 2nd week). I've only had two workouts w/o the m5 so far. I seem to have kept my strength, but I will say the weight feels heavier now, it's just harder to get through my sets. It's a mind thing really, the focus and aggression helps a lot. There's no doubt, you can feel 20mg. I had absolutely no problems with my prostate (which is normally fairly sensitive), and didn't notice any hair loss (although I also used spiro), but I did get some acne on my shoulders and felt a little more aggressive. I'm cutting now, and it made every workout feel like a great workout. I don't think it shut me down much if at all. I was considering stacking it with m1t later (m5 pre wo only), but honestly the two substances both jack my blood pressure too much to use them together (and liver I assume). As far as hepatotoxicity, I only know what bobo and chemo have said, so I know to take low doses of any methyl, for relatively short cycles, with no methyl stacking.
Did you lean out at all, gain, lose weight? How high did your lifts go up? Thanks

JR

ke0ki

Board Supporter
Awards
what did you use for pct and at what dosages?

witchdawg7

witchdawg7

Banned
Awards
What is the maximum cylce length for this compound?

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
what did you use for pct and at what dosages?
I'm using nolva & clomid. 40/50 for 7 days, then dropped down to 20/25 for the last couple of days. I was cutting while on the m5aa, but I've upped my cals and fats post cycle, and started using FL7. I actually don't think there was much suppression (although I could be wrong), but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Normally post cycle I feel lethargic and slightly depressed, weak or no libido, and trouble maintaining an erection. None of the above so far. The weird thing is that clomid, even at that low dose, usually makes me irritable, but it's not bothering me now. Only anti-e sides I feel are dry joints - ouch!

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Did you lean out at all, gain, lose weight? How high did your lifts go up? Thanks

JR
I leaned out, lost about 5 lbs in two weeks. I'm trying out 5x5 and found that I could go heavier than I normally could even though I was in caloric deficit. I'd do 5 reps of the weight I should be using (incremented from my previous workout), then realize I needed to add another 5 or 10lbs (db or bb). M5aa made my workouts more intense, and generally easier to handle. I usually get drained pretty easily when I cut calories, but I was just pounding the sets out and had a hard time waiting long enough (90-120 secs) to hit the weights again between sets.

four20serge

Awards
Hey i just got my M5-aa i was just wondering how you go about taking? For example is one full dropper 10mg? or is just squizzing the pump one time enough for one serving at 10mg? I'am a little confused greatly aprreciate if you can clear this up for me. Thanks.

raylewis

Awards
I'm using nolva & clomid. 40/50 for 7 days, then dropped down to 20/25 for the last couple of days. I was cutting while on the m5aa, but I've upped my cals and fats post cycle, and started using FL7. I actually don't think there was much suppression (although I could be wrong), but I'd rather be safe than sorry. Normally post cycle I feel lethargic and slightly depressed, weak or no libido, and trouble maintaining an erection. None of the above so far. The weird thing is that clomid, even at that low dose, usually makes me irritable, but it's not bothering me now. Only anti-e sides I feel are dry joints - ouch!
So run as a cutter like:

M5-AA/Tri-Max, would the above be a good PCT for M5-AA or has anyone else had a different experience?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 0
Anabolics 11
Anabolics 2
Anabolics 14
Anabolics 3