Syno Screw-up! Need advice...

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
I did 10 carts per the Jweave procedure, but I only got about 8 grams of TNE.

Previously, I had done 5 carts and got 8 grams. I think I was following a similar procedure from an old chemo thread.

I need suggestions as to what I could have done wrong to get such a low yield.

The only thing I can think of is I added too much saturated sodium hydroxide (don't really see how that could cause this problem), I saturated 4oz of water and added it to the 2 bottles of heet and the ground up pellets. (I filtered out the binders first.)

The other thing I'm unsure about is Jweave said to add 64oz water to precipitate the test, and the old chemo mssg said to add 32oz. I was mixing in a 64oz jar so I only added 32oz of water. Maybe I didn't have enough water to precipitate all the test?

I appreciate any and all help from experienced people.

Thanks,

Greenguy

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like you didn't use enough water to precipitate the product. The slower the addition the better crystall formation you get as well. The drip method seems to give the best results. Since you are using the NaOH saphonification method to remove the estradiol and ester, you can't add too much water since there is no estradiol left that could fall out. The amnt of NaOH shouldn't have hurt anything. An excess would just get washed out. I assume you are making a transdermal? If you still have the soln left try to crystallize again by water addition.

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
It sounds like you didn't use enough water to precipitate the product. The slower the addition the better crystall formation you get as well. The drip method seems to give the best results. Since you are using the NaOH saphonification method to remove the estradiol and ester, you can't add too much water since there is no estradiol left that could fall out. The amnt of NaOH shouldn't have hurt anything. An excess would just get washed out. I assume you are making a transdermal? If you still have the soln left try to crystallize again by water addition.
Thanks Candle25.

Yes, its for a transdermal. I tried to filter it again and got nothing and threw out (down the drain).

Well, I'll guess I will have to order some more and start over. I am determined to keep doing it until I get it right.

If anyone else has a different way I could have fucked up, Your humble student awaits your wisdom...

Last edited:

Juiceman

Awards
  • Established
I did the same conversion about 5 days ago and ended up with 17grams. It is most likely the amount of water you used. I used a half gallon and let it drip. I did not get many crystals however so I am confused about that but I still wound up with 17 grams. Also after you add the half gallon of water take a dropper or something and add a few additional drops to the solution. If you see white swirling then there is still some test left, if you don't see anything happen then you pretty much got all of it.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
...Also after you add the half gallon of water take a dropper or something and add a few additional drops to the solution. If you see white swirling then there is still some test left, if you don't see anything happen then you pretty much got all of it.
Very good recommendation.

Also, after adding the water put it in the fridge for a few hours (the cold will make sure it is all precipitated).

Chemo

Juiceman

Awards
  • Established
Chemo~
Do you know why mine didn't form crystals? I let the half gallon drip out it took awhile and then I put it in the fridge for about 12 hours. How do you get those big crystals that people are talking about?