Strep Throat/m1t

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
I am about to be perscribed an antibiotic for strep b/c I came down with it a few days ago, which screwed my cycle by the way. Anyway I read the post on doxyciline, but if I get perscribed something like Amoxicillan for my Strep, will this interact with my gains or the m1t or is it the same principle? That it inhibits protein synthesis?

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
Step is potentially dangerous. IMO you will need all the recovery possible to combat it. Just get well for now and worry about the details later.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I know tetracyclines inhibit protein synthesis, but I am yet to find any info that amoxicillin does. i am looking into running it with my next cycle.

tbonz169

Awards
Tetracyclines inhibit BACTERIAL protein synthesis, they do not in any way inhibit human cell protein synthesis. They bind to the bacterial 30s ribosome subunit in prokaryotes, whereas eukaryotic cells (such as human cells) have 40s subunits. Also, amoxicillin will not interfere with human cells because it binds to peptidoglycan which is only found in bacterial cell walls. No antibacterials/antibiotics interfere with human cell protein synthesis or any other process, with the exception of chemotheraputic drugs. So no worries with running any antibacterial/antibiotic during a cycle or at any time.

Ribosome

Awards
Tetracyclines inhibit BACTERIAL protein synthesis, they do not in any way inhibit human cell protein synthesis. They bind to the bacterial 30s ribosome subunit in prokaryotes, whereas eukaryotic cells (such as human cells) have 40s subunits. Also, amoxicillin will not interfere with human cells because it binds to peptidoglycan which is only found in bacterial cell walls. No antibacterials/antibiotics interfere with human cell protein synthesis or any other process, with the exception of chemotheraputic drugs. So no worries with running any antibacterial/antibiotic during a cycle or at any time.
True...although tets CAN inhibit mammalian cell protein synthesis at supra-therapeutic doses. At normal doses, mammalian cells pump it out. But I agree, no worries about drug interaction, although if I couldn't put in 100% at the gym and with eating then, I wouldn't bother with a cycle.