Need to lose weight! HELP!

epilogue

epilogue

Awards
Ok, I'm going on vacation in September. Which gives me about 4 months to lose the 25-30 lbs I've put on over the last year. I'm 5'8" 205-207 depending on the day. I'd say I have 20-22% body fat. My diet is an issue at the moment. All I want to do is eat, not clean either. I'm working on getting ready mentally for the cut, but I'd like some advice on what I should take to give me and edge of sorts.

My PH/PS history is pretty shallow. I've done a MMV2(methyl masterdrol) and an M-drol cycle. I know, huge jump. But now I'm looking to take something a little less harsh for this cut. Possibly H-drol, P-plex or havoc/spawn..whatever.

I've been lifting heavy(heavy for me) the past 4 months or so and I'm looking to change that up a bit, higher reps lower weight. I don't have a lot of time for cardio, and if I did it would cut into my weight training. as of now I lift 5 days a week. One part per day, unless I throw biceps in somewhere, it's tough to find time for them.

Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated. Questions welcome!!!!

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
how long do u typically workout per day?

epilogue

epilogue

Awards
3 days a week I squeeze my workout into 40-45 minutes, on my lunch break. On my days off I workout anywhere from an hour to hour and a half. I'll usually do chest and tri's on my days off to hit them really hard.

epilogue

epilogue

Awards
I am looking to stack a tren product with this to help me as well.. and what do you guys think of clenbuterol?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I think we need to see your exact diet before you go adding compounds to the mix.

hog928

Awards
  • Established
and if your looking to loose weight more cardio and just run thats your best bet but throw our diet up there that could change everything. Dont just assume you need to go straight to a tren product or any thing of such changing a few everyday things around could do help you out just as much man

epilogue

epilogue

Awards
I've dieted pretty strict before however I've never actually composed a diet on paper. When I went strict before I would normally eat 2 eggs, a piece of bacon and a slice of dry whole wheat toast for breakfast. A tuna salad sandwich on whole wheat for lunch, and extremely low carb for dinner, usually a boneless skinless chicken breast with a veggie, most of the time canned green beans. I would supplement my protein with fat free low carb whey protein(I use All the whey, tastes good and not that expensive). Two 2 scoop shakes a day usually between meals.

I know I can lose weight by cleaning my diet up and doing more cardio, however to force myself to stick to the diet I need to take something that I know works to help me have the mental edge. Hopefully that makes sense to someone.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
im going to give u my diet when i am cutting, this works tremendously for me, maybe itll help you.

breakfast:
6 eggs- 4 whites and 2 full eggs, mixed with green and red peppers and onion
1 bowl of steel cut irish oatmeal
cup of hot green tea- no sugar or milk

around 10 am
blueberry and strawberry fruit salad
protein shake

lunch
1 chicken breast in a mixed green salad with basalmic vinegar dressing
(salad contains lettuce, green peppers, tomatoes and carrots)

around 230
protein shake

dinner
1-2 chicken or turkey breasts
1 cup of raw broccoli
small mixed green salad with balsamic vinegar dressing

around 830- post workout
protein shake mixed with skim milk

1 can of tuna, mixed with garlic and onion powder and 1/2tbsp. of low fat mayo.

for working out, i go to the gym everyday. i lift weights monday-friday and usually do 15-20mins of cardio with it. on saturday and sunday, i do an hour of cardio.

epilogue

epilogue

Awards
I definitely like the looks of your diet, and can see why it would work. I don't eat near as much while cutting, can that potentially slow my weight loss? I've always heard "you need to eat to lose weight" but if I'm not hungry while dieting I feel like I'm cheating.

Oh and another reason I want to take something while cutting is to retain my muscle mass. I don't necessarily want to take something that is going to make me lose weight but retain my muscle mass while dieting.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
I definitely like the looks of your diet, and can see why it would work. I don't eat near as much while cutting, can that potentially slow my weight loss? I've always heard "you need to eat to lose weight" but if I'm not hungry while dieting I feel like I'm cheating.

Oh and another reason I want to take something while cutting is to retain my muscle mass. I don't necessarily want to take something that is going to make me lose weight but retain my muscle mass while dieting.
yes u need to eat to lose weight, but u need to eat the right things. u can just take a normal test booster and some creatine to preserve muscle.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That diet looks good but for my metabolism i would have to cut all those quantities down to about 60% that to lose weight.

I've been eating 2500-3000 and maintaining. Just that breakfast would fill me up pretty hard.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
That diet looks good but for my metabolism i would have to cut all those quantities down to about 60% that to lose weight.

I've been eating 2500-3000 and maintaining. Just that breakfast would fill me up pretty hard.
i think the total amount adds up to less than 2,000 for the day...but i shall count it up and get back to everyone

epilogue

epilogue

Awards
yes u need to eat to lose weight, but u need to eat the right things. u can just take a normal test booster and some creatine to preserve muscle.
What would you recommend as a test booster? I've tried a few and none of them seemed to do much if anything. I've tried Cryotest by muscletech and Axis-HT by bsn. Neither impressed me. I'm going to start my diet in ~2 weeks.

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
Son not trying to flame you here or anything but it seems to me like your looking for the easy way out. If your looking to lose weight to cut, you have to diet and get your cardio sessions in... plain and simple. If you can do those two things, you'll achieve better results than any synthetic chemical can offer you. Secondly, you gotta face the facts. Whenever you cut, your going to lose muscle theres no way around it. I think some creatine mono and bcaa's would deff help you out in this case but I cant agree with you wanting to take a tren based ph.

epilogue

epilogue

Awards
Ok no PH/PS! I got it! thanks! lol. Can someone give me some tips on how to fit cardio into the limited gym time I have? Like I said in my first post, I work out 5 days a week. 3 of the 5 days are on my lunch break so I only have 45ish minutes to work out. On my days off(2/5) I can put more time(1h30m) in. I work overnights and my gym isn't open 24 hours on the weekends so there isn't a way I could workout more than 5 days a week. It would be like a normal person waking up in the middle of the night and going to the gym, not exactly practical.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
What would you recommend as a test booster? I've tried a few and none of them seemed to do much if anything. I've tried Cryotest by muscletech and Axis-HT by bsn. Neither impressed me. I'm going to start my diet in ~2 weeks.
diesel test hardcore, x-factor, or even normal trib will do

KeepBuilding

KeepBuilding

Awards
Not sure you may already do this but if you only have 45 min on your lunch breaks do your routines like a circuit. This will keep your hr up and keep your calorie burning up. Just a thought. Not to keep throwing this at you but like everyone else said you MUST clean up the diet and hit the cardio. The hardest part will be the first couple weeks but once you adjust to eating smaller clean meals you will be ok. As far as losing muscle mass on a cut, it's going to happen but just make sure you get enough protein to keep the losses to a minimum.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
do your cardio first thing after you wake up....you dont need to be in a gym...go for a walk/run....ride a bike, anything....then lift weight on your lunch break....im sure with a little thought you could arrange your schedule to train....your just making excuses....

abuleh

Awards
I like Activate Extreme as a test booster.

~abuleh

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
Wake up in the morning. drink one cup all black coffee and 1/2 scoop protein powder. do ab workout. about 9 sets, low rest, 25 reps. than run 30 min outside. come home eat breakfast. workout later that evening and run another 30 right when you get done lifting. this will shred you fast all natural. id put my word on it.

LiLShAnK357

Awards
Not sure you may already do this but if you only have 45 min on your lunch breaks do your routines like a circuit. This will keep your hr up and keep your calorie burning up. Just a thought. Not to keep throwing this at you but like everyone else said you MUST clean up the diet and hit the cardio. The hardest part will be the first couple weeks but once you adjust to eating smaller clean meals you will be ok. As far as losing muscle mass on a cut, it's going to happen but just make sure you get enough protein to keep the losses to a minimum.
I agree with this 100%... When I'm strict on time i do circuits on chest/bicep day. I do my benching then go right into curls. Rest 1-2 mins repeat. But I am rarely pressed for time. You ALWAYS have time when it comes to your health in my opinion. If your wanting to lose weight you have to make time for cardio, I do atleast 30 mins 4 times a week. Only day I dont do cardio is leg day! I have been lifting for a while but was not doing any cardio, I did not lose weight I just got stronger, now that I am doing cardio I am dropping weight like no ones business and still have my strength.

Try taking Krealkyn for creatine and some BCAA i prefer pill form for those.

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
forget lowering the weight. keep the weight high as possible doing 6-12 reps. get the diet strict and throw in a eca or ecy stack n you will be on your way easily...

workingman16

Awards
Gotta find time for that cardio. Cardio with high intensity weight training will have the highest rate of energy expenditure. That's what you want, to use the most amount of calories as possible. Restrict calories and workout by adding more cardio.

epilogue

epilogue

Awards
forget lowering the weight. keep the weight high as possible doing 6-12 reps. get the diet strict and throw in a eca or ecy stack n you will be on your way easily...
eca/ecy ? I'm unfamiliar with both of these. Anyway, I've started my diet after some planning and I'm currently on day 4. I'm doing pretty much the diet posted above by bigpapa, so far so good. I have a few questions to him or anyone else knowledgeable about diets.

First of all, milk...I love the stuff, I used to drink about 1.5 gallons a week(skim). Can I get away with slipping some in this diet, other than a post workout shake?

Second is: Is it ok to eat lunch before the strawberries/blueberries? funny question but still..

Third is: I've been eating green beans as a substitute for the greens in the diet, are they a lateral move? I don't like salads, but if they're that beneficial I'll choke them down.

epilogue

epilogue

Awards
I agree with this 100%... When I'm strict on time i do circuits on chest/bicep day. I do my benching then go right into curls. Rest 1-2 mins repeat. But I am rarely pressed for time. You ALWAYS have time when it comes to your health in my opinion. If your wanting to lose weight you have to make time for cardio, I do atleast 30 mins 4 times a week. Only day I dont do cardio is leg day! I have been lifting for a while but was not doing any cardio, I did not lose weight I just got stronger, now that I am doing cardio I am dropping weight like no ones business and still have my strength.

Try taking Krealkyn for creatine and some BCAA i prefer pill form for those.
I actually have been taking kre-alkalyn for a bit now. My whey has BCAA's in it, do i need more?

KeepBuilding

KeepBuilding

Awards
If you're on a serious cut then I would eliminate all dairy. Save it for the bulk!

mmzawa

mmzawa

Awards
Wanna get lean quick?! Take clen, u don't need ph's, you'll drop 10lbs or over depending on your diet and cardio in 2 weeks, and retain your strength or even get stronger...

LiLShAnK357

Awards
I actually have been taking kre-alkalyn for a bit now. My whey has BCAA's in it, do i need more?

Im guessing you take optimum 100% whey? I still take 1 serving of GNC's amino acid 1800. It's 6 pills you take 1 time in between meals. Not like they are bad for you, so cant't hurt.

LiLShAnK357

Awards
Wanna get lean quick?! Take clen, u don't need ph's, you'll drop 10lbs or over depending on your diet and cardio in 2 weeks, and retain your strength or even get stronger...
clen? eh, heard mixed on this which brand of clen do you take? do you pct it?

mmzawa

mmzawa

Awards
clen? eh, heard mixed on this which brand of clen do you take? do you pct it?
Lol, no you don't pct clen, and as for brands, you heard mixed what?? All clen is the same as long as its dosed accurately.....

epilogue

epilogue

Awards
Im guessing you take optimum 100% whey? I still take 1 serving of GNC's amino acid 1800. It's 6 pills you take 1 time in between meals. Not like they are bad for you, so cant't hurt.
No, I take All the whey's fat free protein isolate, it's decent stuff. Loaded with BCAA's.

On the clen.. I don't feel the need to use anything at the moment. I feel super stoked about this diet. I'm ending day 5(going to sleep very soon, i work overnight). I'm 201, which is 4 lbs lower than my flux of 205-207. Just gonna keep the diet strict and keep my eye on the scale.

merph

merph

Awards
If your vacation is in September go natural clean cutting until mid/late July. Then throw something in the mix to get the extra fat loss. If you start out using something especially a stim your body builds a tolerance. Come mid-late July when your starting to see some good results the added effect will be much better appreciated. That is my personal favorite way of doing it.

I personally like e/c/a it has worked awesome for me in the past never had a complaint. As for clen I do not have any experience with it as of yet so I can't give you a recommendation or advice.

epilogue

epilogue

Awards
If your vacation is in September go natural clean cutting until mid/late July. Then throw something in the mix to get the extra fat loss. If you start out using something especially a stim your body builds a tolerance. Come mid-late July when your starting to see some good results the added effect will be much better appreciated. That is my personal favorite way of doing it.

I personally like e/c/a it has worked awesome for me in the past never had a complaint. As for clen I do not have any experience with it as of yet so I can't give you a recommendation or advice.
Sounds good. I figure within a month and a half of this diet I should have dropped quite a bit. I'll see about adding something like eca, I'll have to research it more. One question though.. Is it legal? ephedra ..

epilogue

epilogue

Awards
Oh and stepped on the scale today at 199 on the dot. Still feeling energized, even in tough workouts. The last time I did low carb I remember feeling like I was going to pass out or puke after every set.. Let's hope I keep feeling this way.. lol

merph

merph

Awards
Sounds good. I figure within a month and a half of this diet I should have dropped quite a bit. I'll see about adding something like eca, I'll have to research it more. One question though.. Is it legal? ephedra ..
Use ephedrine I believe it is still legal. I have not bought any in quite some time so I can't be sure.

Oh and stepped on the scale today at 199 on the dot. Still feeling energized, even in tough workouts. The last time I did low carb I remember feeling like I was going to pass out or puke after every set.. Let's hope I keep feeling this way.. lol
Low carb sucks I agree. Are you cycling your carbs? If you use eca even on low carb diets I always have energy up the wazoo but thats just me lol

merph

merph

Awards
Another thought is maybe running a halo/prop cycle. I had pretty damn good results with that last summer and no serious sides.

epilogue

epilogue

Awards
Another thought is maybe running a halo/prop cycle. I had pretty damn good results with that last summer and no serious sides.
My initial thought was to run something while cutting but I think I'll stick to the diet and see how things go. I might add something later, but it will be a few months. The other thing is if I do a cycle I'll need to have my PCT done by mid sept.(when my vacation starts). I won't be able to lift while on vacation, which is nearly a month.. which will be a huge factor too. The more I think about it the more I think I should wait til I get back to cycle anything.

Minor set back - My gf's dad's b-day was yesterday and he had a bbq. I tried to not go overboard but I'm a pound heavier today. Oh well, I doubled cardio time in my workout today.

merph

merph

Awards
Minor set back - My gf's dad's b-day was yesterday and he had a bbq. I tried to not go overboard but I'm a pound heavier today. Oh well, I doubled cardio time in my workout today.
It was a b-day bbq of course your going to eat. Go take a poop you will be close to normal in a day or so lol.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
eca/ecy ? I'm unfamiliar with both of these. Anyway, I've started my diet after some planning and I'm currently on day 4. I'm doing pretty much the diet posted above by bigpapa, so far so good. I have a few questions to him or anyone else knowledgeable about diets.

First of all, milk...I love the stuff, I used to drink about 1.5 gallons a week(skim). Can I get away with slipping some in this diet, other than a post workout shake?

Second is: Is it ok to eat lunch before the strawberries/blueberries? funny question but still..

Third is: I've been eating green beans as a substitute for the greens in the diet, are they a lateral move? I don't like salads, but if they're that beneficial I'll choke them down.

Green beans are fine, fresh or frozen. No canned vegetables, way too much crap that won't help you. Get frozen steamer bags of veggies that don't have preservatives in them. I get byrd's eye steamfresh broccoli and green beans. 1 bag of broccoli minimum a day for me.

And what hours do you actually work, when is your lunch break that you get to work out in, and when is your normal sleep time? Is "working nights" for you second or third shift?

epilogue

epilogue

Awards
Green beans are fine, fresh or frozen. No canned vegetables, way too much crap that won't help you. Get frozen steamer bags of veggies that don't have preservatives in them. I get byrd's eye steamfresh broccoli and green beans. 1 bag of broccoli minimum a day for me.

And what hours do you actually work, when is your lunch break that you get to work out in, and when is your normal sleep time? Is "working nights" for you second or third shift?
I use the steamer bags, I honestly like canned better but I realize the benefit of using the other.

Third shift. 10PM-7AM I take lunch(workout) at midnight, eat lunch at 3AM on break and my fruit on last break at 5AM. The last week I've been going to the gym after work as well to do cardio and whatever else I need to do. So far it's been working well.

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
How much trouble would you have if you got off work, went to the gym, like most do, do other after work stuff, and then went to sleep. Most people get up, get ready and then head to work. And what kind of hours does your gym have? 3rd shift sucks I know, but you don't have the worst situation to overcome.

Oh and where do you workout at midnight? Do you have access to equipment at your job?

epilogue

epilogue

Awards
How much trouble would you have if you got off work, went to the gym, like most do, do other after work stuff, and then went to sleep. Most people get up, get ready and then head to work. And what kind of hours does your gym have? 3rd shift sucks I know, but you don't have the worst situation to overcome.

Oh and where do you workout at midnight? Do you have access to equipment at your job?
That's what I've been doing. I usually lift on my lunch and after work. My gym is open 24 hrs during the week, so on lunch(midnight) I head up there. Pretty convenient.

Diet is going well. I have no desire to cheat.. It usually takes me a few weeks before I feel this way, but I'm only a week and a few days in and surprisingly very strong willed.

merph

merph

Awards
Just keep that attitude man and it will help. Dieting sucks but the end result is well worth it.

epilogue

epilogue

Awards
195.5 today! Down nearly 10 pounds in under two weeks. The night before last at work I felt extremely tired until about 3AM(half way through my shift), then I felt great.. weird.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
clen and t3 work awesome. as for the milk...i honestly do not see the harm in it. i usually use it in my postworkout shake as kind of a little treat since it sometimes is the last thing before going to bed. 8oz of low fat skim milk is i think only 90 calories, so if u r watching everything during the day and training and doing cardio i dont see a problem. and the added protein, i believe 13grams (?), is great as well. i also use it to mask the taste of anything else i am adding to the shake that tastes awful...ie bulk creatine and amino acids. and also remember, calories from protein r going to effect u and ur hormones differently than say calories from fat or carbs.

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
195.5 today! Down nearly 10 pounds in under two weeks. The night before last at work I felt extremely tired until about 3AM(half way through my shift), then I felt great.. weird.
great job dude...following that diet i posted as well as using clen and t3 and now cycling off to an EC stack for 2 weeks, in the first 3 weeks i am down 17lbs. as for being tired...i felt this also. its because ur body is used to running on high calorie and nutrient numbers. but there is something u can do. i doubled up on my b12 intake and it really helps alot.