As far as a methyl is concerned, any more toxic that Opiates, etc?

reptone

Awards
  • Established
Is a methylated steroid(M drol, etc) any more hepatoxic to the liver than someone taking Oxycodone, Vicodin, etc everyday? Or even taking OTC pain relief several times a day? Just wondering.

indianballer

indianballer

Awards
  • Established
oxycodone isn't that liver toxic...vicodin has a ton of tylenol, which makes it pretty hard on the liver if used in high doses over a long period of time. If you took tylenol multiple times daily every day for 4 weeks, my guess is that your liver enzymes would resemble those of someone who just finished a 4 week superdrol cycle. Opiates dramatically decrease testosterone levels though, so I can't imagine they do anything but downregulate androgen receptors, which would be severely detrimental if you were to use them on cycle...or off cycle for that matter if your goal is to gain muscle.

reptone

Awards
  • Established
oxycodone isn't that liver toxic...vicodin has a ton of tylenol, which makes it pretty hard on the liver if used in high doses over a long period of time. If you took tylenol multiple times daily every day for 4 weeks, my guess is that your liver enzymes would resemble those of someone who just finished a 4 week superdrol cycle. Opiates dramatically decrease testosterone levels though, so I can't imagine they do anything but downregulate androgen receptors, which would be severely detrimental if you were to use them on cycle...or off cycle for that matter if your goal is to gain muscle.
Thanks. I was just interested in the comparison of the methyls and the painkillers as to which is more toxic. I`m not using any pain meds.

MrZ

Awards
If you took tylenol multiple times daily every day for 4 weeks, my guess is that your liver enzymes would resemble those of someone who just finished a 4 week superdrol cycle..

NO!! . You can stay on normal dose of tylenol(4000 mg's) for many many years and you won't likely have any abnormal liver values what so ever. Maybe a single digit percent raise but nothing even close to superdrol or any other methyl. My fathers been on 4000 mgs for years and his liver is in excellent condition even with some alcohol during weekends.

indianballer

indianballer

Awards
  • Established
In that case I apologize for making an ill-advised post. I retract my statement and apologize for responding without doing proper research. I can speak from personal experience when I say that liver damage is on the lower end of the list of health complications of opiates. The two main ones for me are prostate hypertrophy and decreased test levels.

MPFit

MPFit

Awards
  • Established
AFAIK tylenol isn't an opiate.. but it has been reported to show liver toxicity at higher levels..

DenDestroys

Awards
AFAIK tylenol isn't an opiate.. but it has been reported to show liver toxicity at higher levels..
Yes, acetaminophin being the toxic ingredient in tylenol and other painkillers, prescription and OTC.

Mars1107

opitates arent toxic like superdrol.

They are for shure not good for you long term.

Main Side Effects: Bad Constipation, Lowered Test, Dependence and increased dosage requirements.

Id say superdrol is more toxic than most opitiates by far, probally not herion and the stronger ones.

You cant keep taking superdrol without severe health consquences, while something like Oxycodone/oxycotin can be used for pain management pretty much for years upon years for chronic pain. You cant take superdrol for years, your liver would fail, and youd die.

If you take opiates occasionally it wont effect your test to the point of inhibiting gains, id say once a week, as an estimate.

A lot of people on chronic opiates actually have a need for testosterone placement therapy, almost all men.

I have no backing of this particular hypothesis, but perhaps a small/regular dose would affect your testosterone, only for it to bounce back higher. I have no evidence for this. But the idea is interesting to see, there are no studies on this. Just some idea i came out with. Dont take it for fact, merely something intriguing.

Also you'd be suprised to find out a number of Pro-bodybuilders use oxycone for pain management,since it only has indirect affects on muscle loss, through testorestone modulation, while something like Tylenol has direct muscle inhibiting effects. Also once they start injecting themselves with anabolics, its not too much of a stretch to inject themselves with other substances. Plus there already taking enough steriod to make their own test production pretty much crap, so opiates really couldnt lower it much more.
The occurence of this I am unaware.
I have read one or two underground,anonymous articles about this, plus a reference in a movies plus, people who deal one drug, a lot of times,deal others.