Gaining strength post injury recovery - PS/PH an option?

rentonm

Awards
Short version of the story - had knee injury, surgery, had to take year plus off of training legs after due to complications post surgery. Now, I am healthy and clear to really start pushing forward with regaining leg strength and athleticism.

I have one reasonably strong leg and one lil toothpick looking leg. I am looking to gain primarily strength, don't really need much additional extra size overall. I am 30, no previous PS/PH experience, spent last 3-4 years in the gym. A solid 200lbs @ 5'10".

Being that my weaker leg hasn't had much real work in the last year, it isn't taking much to get it to respond, but also not taking much to exhaust it. Really looking to improve my recovery speed and increase my strength.

Would something like Epistane be of use to me? Would a lower dosing protocol be advantageous because I am basically in rehab mode?

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
Short version of the story - had knee injury, surgery, had to take year plus off of training legs after due to complications post surgery. Now, I am healthy and clear to really start pushing forward with regaining leg strength and athleticism.

I have one reasonably strong leg and one lil toothpick looking leg. I am looking to gain primarily strength, don't really need much additional extra size overall. I am 30, no previous PS/PH experience, spent last 3-4 years in the gym. A solid 200lbs @ 5'10".

Being that my weaker leg hasn't had much real work in the last year, it isn't taking much to get it to respond, but also not taking much to exhaust it. Really looking to improve my recovery speed and increase my strength.

Would something like Epistane be of use to me? Would a lower dosing protocol be advantageous because I am basically in rehab mode?
Personally, I'd chose either decavol by ams or 1,4 AD due to their effects on collagen synthesis. Both nandrolone and boldenone increase collagen synthesis...this should help to improve the connective tissue repair in the knee as well as provide a decent anabolic boost.

Honestly though, I'd try to get your knee/leg up to par before jumping on cycle.

rentonm

Awards
Thanks for the input. I will definitely take look into those.

At this point, the joint is structurally sound. The injury was to the patellar tendon. Ortho said it would be stronger than before. Surgery was March of 08, so at this point, I am just dealing with muscular weakness.

rentonm

Awards
Any one been in a similar situation to where I'm at?

Additional input?