Nolva will nothelp you keep gains

gregchicken

Banned
Awards
ive read so many threads say a nolva pct will help keep gains!no it wont, a bit of advice guys, do not listen to half the guys here

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Well nolva itself will not help you keep gains but the nolva will help your body's natural test production return quicker after a cycle then if you did not use it. having higher testosterone is what helps keep the gains.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive read so many threads say a nolva pct will help keep gains!no it wont, a bit of advice guys, do not listen to half the guys here
So far it looks like you fall into the "half to not listen to"

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Well you are right, but it would be kinda usefull to have a reason as to why you post this lol.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nolv, does nothing to bring your natural test levels back, all it's just an anti-estrogen.

Clomid helps bring your test levels back.

Really??

Nolv stimulates FSH and LH helping to bring test levels back to normal same as Clomid

bb4life

bb4life

Awards
  • Established
ya about half the tards in here shouldn't be listened to... especially the original poster...

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
While nolvadex does nothing in and of itself to stimulate your endogenous hormone production, it certainly is useful in PCT....Post cycle, your endogenous test production will certainly be suppressed, and thus, your estrogen levels will likely skyrocket. Nolvadex will compete at the receptor sites with that estrogen, and keep you from becoming a blubbering, watery mess....

holy

JKurz802

JKurz802

Awards
While nolvadex does nothing in and of itself to stimulate your endogenous hormone production, it certainly is useful in PCT....Post cycle, your endogenous test production will certainly be suppressed, and thus, your estrogen levels will likely skyrocket. Nolvadex will compete at the receptor sites with that estrogen, and keep you from becoming a blubbering, watery mess....

holy

Another, who agrees that Nolv, does NOT stimulate natural test production.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stimulation of calcitonin secretory capacity by increased serum levels of testosterone in men treated with tamoxifen
W. SCHOPMAN 1 , E. SLAGER*, W. H. L. HACKENG† H. MULDER 1 , 2
1 Departments of Internal Medicine, Bergweg Hospital, Bergselaan, Rotterdam, The Netherlands *Gynaecology, Obstetrics & Andrology, Eudokia Hospital, Bergsingel, Bergweg Hospital, Bergselaan, Rotterdam, The Netherlands †Laboratory of Endocrinological Biochemistry, Bergweg Hospital, Bergselaan, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Correspondence to 2 Department of Internal Medicine, Eudokia Hospital, Bergsingel 215, 3037 GG Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
KEYWORDS
calcitonin • testosterone • gonadotrophins • tamoxifen • infertility
ABSTRACT

Previous studies have suggested that sex steroids, including both oestrogen and testosterone, influence calcitonin secretion. However, a negative effect of gonadotrophins on calcitonin has not been excluded. Twelve men with infertility and low-normal serum levels of testosterone were studied before and during tamoxifen therapy. Increases in the serum levels of LH, FSH, testosterone and calcitonin were observed after treatment. Our findings suggest that testosterone has a direct influence on calcitonin secretion.
Hormonal changes in tamoxifen treated men with idiopathic oligozoospermia.

Hampl R, Heresová J, Lachman M, Sulcová J, Stárka L.
Research Institute of Endocrinology, Prague/Czechoslovakia.
Three months of tamoxifen treatment of 43 men with idiopathic oligozoospermia, out of which 20 completed the study, resulted in a significant enhancement of sperm motility, but the improvement of sperm parameters was in no relation to the FSH response to short time tamoxifen treatment. There was a significant increase of testosterone, estradiol, LH, FSH, SHBG, 17 alpha-hydroxy-progesterone and also of 11 beta-hydroxyandrostenedione, an androgen of exclusively adrenal origin, during the treatment and (with the exception of the latter), on the first week after discontinuation of the therapy. Significantly elevated testosterone and SHBG concentrations were retained still 9 weeks after finishing of the therapy. The results confirm that tamoxifen treatment provides conditions more favourable for conception and demonstrate that also adrenal steroidogenesis is positively influenced by this antiestrogen.
I'll stick with scientific studies rather than opinions, thanks.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
It blocks negative feedback loop. It competes at the hypothalamus and breast tissue thus indirectly stimulating test production. So it still helps. Just in a different way then clomid

Nuff said

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
It blocks negative feedback loop. It competes at the hypothalamus and breast tissue thus indirectly stimulating test production. So it still helps. Just in a different way then clomid

Nuff said
did you widen your avi or are you getting bigger?

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lol that avi was after I put on like 15 pounds and now I put on another 15 maintained for 3 weeks but didn't take pics lol now cut time

My waist got thicker tho I thought I looked wider in the first pic haha. Check my log on the old school hormone use forum. Should be a fun ride

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
thus indirectly stimulating test production.
This is probably the most relative thing said......there are lots of studies that show lots of different things promote test levels....you have to remember that in reality, these things are so miniscule that they have zero credibility in a bodybuilding setting.....The study cited above said it raised levels in men who were in the low normal range....raised them to where? Mid normal? High normal? For bodybuilding purposes, we need levels to be well outside of the physiologic range.

holy

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the 50% thing -- but I would probably make it higher. Especially people who have one sentence bro-lore parroted responses. It's s funny to me how people think that clomid and nolva are that different. Yes, they do have slightly different effects but the way some people talk about them you would think they are as different as dbol and cheerios.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
.The study cited above said it raised levels in men who were in the low normal range....raised them to where? Mid normal? High normal? For bodybuilding purposes, we need levels to be well outside of the physiologic range.

holy
Really? because for me, PCT was always about returning to normal level from a low level.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Really? because for me, PCT was always about returning to normal level from a low level.
I agree....Maybe Im thinking one thing, and replying to a question thats asking something different....If we're just talking about going from low normal serum levels to normal levels, then I agree nolva can do that. If we're talking about using nolva ALONE and expecting it to impart any type of true benefit to a bodybuilder, then I disagree....

holy

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I agree....Maybe Im thinking one thing, and replying to a question thats asking something different....If we're just talking about going from low normal serum levels to normal levels, then I agree nolva can do that. If we're talking about using nolva ALONE and expecting it to impart any type of true benefit to a bodybuilder, then I disagree....

holy
And when I say true benefit, I obviously am referring to muscular gains, not as an ancillary or part of PCT.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
And when I say true benefit, I obviously am referring to muscular gains, not as an ancillary or part of PCT.
I think original poster was refererring to nolv not helping in PCT so i'm assuming you disagree with that statement that nolv would not help keep gains in PCT you are just saying stand alone it wouldn't help gains?

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I think original poster was refererring to nolv not helping in PCT so i'm assuming you disagree with that statement that nolv would not help keep gains in PCT you are just saying stand alone it wouldn't help gains?
Sure it helps in PCT....In my original response I indicate that....I feel its true benefit comes not because it can raise test levels, but because it can battle estrogen. I dont think anyone here would argue that. I think the disagreement was more semantics than anything....I think? LOL

holy

hardknock

Awards
  • Established

holy
The only person that was referring to using nolva alone and not keeping gains was the guy that started this thread....it's like he was saying that guns don't kill people, people with guns do ...ok, and then the point would be?

I hate reverse feedback...it's worst than tasting your own vomit. :yup:

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Oh, I am sorry, I forgot...just wtf was the point of this thread being posted?

medicone

medicone

Awards
Nolv, does nothing to bring your natural test levels back, all it's just an anti-estrogen.

Clomid helps bring your test levels back.
Uh not trying to start a fight, or blast you but you need to research your SERMS a little bro. Although Nolva for stimulating your LH is less than Clomid, it still works as a great pct for HPTA.

StellaArtois

Awards
  • Established
i take nolva and clomid before reading these threads to make sure i don't get gyno after im done reading them. just in case.....