Question for Syno Guru: Golden Test?

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
If someone were to attempt to convert Syno to TNE as shown elsewhere on this board, and it were to turn a bright golden-yellow upon addition of the saturated Sodium hydroxide solution to the methenol syno solution, and produce a final product the same color, is that bad?

Anyone seen this phenomena? I got the impression everyone got white powder (or crystals).

Greenguy

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
If someone were to attempt to convert Syno to TNE as shown elsewhere on this board, and it were to turn a bright golden-yellow upon addition of the saturated Sodium hydroxide solution to the methenol syno solution, and produce a final product the same color, is that bad?

Anyone seen this phenomena? I got the impression everyone got white powder (or crystals).

Greenguy
nah, mine was golden in color also, not a problem. :)

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
The NaOH is used to cleave the estradiol as well as the ester from the test. As for the colormetric change in regards to the NaOH addition, I can't really say what is happening. Maybe Chemo will give some insight into this.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
The color change is due to the products of the saponification reaction. Nothing to worry about as long as it washes out...

Chemo

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
hamper19 Anabolics 1
Anabolics 0
Anabolics 4
Anabolics 2