Explain "Shutdown"

Cfour

Cfour

Awards
  • Established
What exactly is it and how will I know if it's happening...ie...symptoms? BTW...I searched it but kinda vague. Body stops producing test. I guess main ? is how will I know? Thx.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if your on anabolics , for the most part you will be shut down.

shut down in a nutshell basically means you dont produce your own androgens or produce very little.

how will you know? well if your on anabolics then some more then others will cause different ranges of shutdown, heavy androgens and DHT derived ones will cause probably the most trouble... Anavar, Turinabol, Winny and Hdrol will cause less harm in terms of natural androgen production.

some designers and old school hormones will give a huge libido boost, and others wont. so this is why the question is usually answered vaguely.

I felt fine in terms of libido and energy on one of my bridges but T levels came back at 36, from 504.

Take how you feel with a grain of salt and use Proper PCT and DONT over do it like a lot of people do.

maybe this helps?

orangutan

orangutan

Banned
Awards
sometimes it effects people differently.... like my balls shrunk within a few weeks, but my buddies been on it forever and his never did...but that doesnt really mean anything. when ur shutdown u wont be producing ur own test, thats why its highly recommended u use a replacement test such as enanthate/cyp/prop/sutanon to immitate the good parts about natural test(libido, energy etc)

btw...not only does it immitate, it adds a little too :bigok:

evd22

Awards
what about in terms of masteron. I know it's dht based but how shut down will you be? I guess this would vary according to the dose.

tsmith

tsmith

Awards
The best indicator of shutdown to me is my libido going in the tank. I know the couple cycles of SD I have ran have decimated my libido. Of course, everybody reacts differently to compounds and has different detentions of shutdown.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Some can argue that one of the "true" ways to know if you are fully shutdown is through blood work.

Ive seen people go through cycles with no PCT and some with proper PCT. The ones with no were fine and the ones with PCT experienced some signs. All depends on each body.

Who knows when it will all catch up. Then indicators up top are good examples. Then how do you know you are fully back? Bloodwork.

tsmith

tsmith

Awards
Some can argue that one of the "true" ways to know if you are fully shutdown is through blood work.

Ive seen people go through cycles with no PCT and some with proper PCT. The ones with no were fine and the ones with PCT experienced some signs. All depends on each body.

Who knows when it will all catch up. Then indicators up top are good examples. Then how do you know you are fully back? Bloodwork.
That's one thing I have learned from forums such as these. Do not F*** around with your PCT. The first run I ever did, I tried OTC PCT and payed for it. I figured since the compound was OTC, how serious can it be? One month of excess estrogen - sore joints, no libido, lethargy, etc. is how serious my recovery was. The second run I did, I ran nolva and aroma for PCT and bounced back pretty quick. Although, as previously mentioned, every body is different. To many variables to make a defiant call.

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Have to admit I am confused as to my current situation. Running a pulse cycle of SPAWN MWF, on week 2. Use cel's transdermal Formestane 2 pumps, 1-2 times per day. During the day my WILLIE is limp but on the last 3-4 nights I woke up with a WOODIE the size of Mount Rushmore at 3 or 4 am! Why mushy during the day & olympic athelete in the middle of the night?

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
its just like ppl asking "how will I know I have gyno".

just trust me, youll know.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
"Shutdown" is really a misnomer because it basically deals in terms of black and white while there are shades of gray. Suppression is a better term because when you take androgens, your natural production of testosterone will be suppressed. The degree of suppression will vary based on several factors including dose, duration, how strong of an androgen and conversion to estrogen among other things.

TravisG

TravisG

Awards
  • Established
the shut down i expieranced was that I could still get it up to bone the girl but if i took my mind off the business at hand it went flat quicker than i could say Uh-OH! and than...sometimes it just went flat and we had to find other means at times if you get my drift. shut down is not fun lol. really kills the mood...

MattD1

Awards
"Shutdown" is really a misnomer because it basically deals in terms of black and white while there are shades of gray. Suppression is a better term because when you take androgens, your natural production of testosterone will be suppressed. The degree of suppression will vary based on several factors including dose, duration, how strong of an androgen and conversion to estrogen among other things.
now what are the chances of your test levels being "suppressed" for the rest of your life considering you take a proper PCT?

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
now what are the chances of your test levels being "suppressed" for the rest of your life considering you take a proper PCT?

Well suppressed could mean a 0.1% reduction in hormone levels but that is not really meaningful. There have been studies showing full recovery even in people who have used AAS for long periods of time so it is unlikely that there will be any permanent, meaningful suppression. That being said, there are the rare cases of people who do see to permaently alter their endogenous hormone production.

xx Zues xx

xx Zues xx

Awards
  • Established
I am about to run my 1st Havoc cycle, for PCT i have Nolva, ZMA, AI and maybe a herbal test booster... Is this sufficient?