Epistanes will it show up on a test?

sghok

Awards
hi guys
does anone know if it will show up on a powerlifting drug test?
any help ?
thanks

CJ1990

Awards
Epistane is considered a prohormone, but when consumed it converts to the steroid Epithio in the body. So yes it will show up on a drug test.

sghok

Awards
Epistane is considered a prohormone, but when consumed it converts to the steroid Epithio in the body. So yes it will show up on a drug test.
thanks cj
is there any chance when they run the tests that they dont look for all the band drugs as theres so many or do they?
thanks buddy

CJ1990

Awards
I'm not sure how it works. I would look into it for the sake of possible disqualification.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
epistain is a steroid....there is no conversion....im not sure where you got that from ive never heard of a hormone called epithio.....i may be way off base here and there could be some brand new info out there but i dont think this is true......also...each federation will have a list of whats banned and whats legal for use....you need to consult the governing body of your powerlifting association.....

CJ1990

Awards
It is I'm pretty sure that information is in the stickies....

It's also in the chemical nomenclature of Epistane/Havoc/Clones

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
As mentioned previously, check the banned substance list. Some will list specific compounds and may even make a general statement that bans all "prohormones".
Why not just lift in a non-tested federation and you won't have to worry about it?

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
^^^you need to reread the stickies then bro....methy epithiostanol is an active steroid....no conversion....

Random181

Awards
  • Established
If pretty sure epitho is the original non methyl epi compound which was used as a steroidal serm in japan, epistane does not convert to it, it is a steroid in its own right...

CJ1990

Awards
^^^you need to reread the stickies then bro....methy epithiostanol is an active steroid....no conversion....

my bad. stupid mistake.

"A steroid (by definition) is a 17 carbon tetra-ring: consisting of three 6-membered rings, and a 5-membered ring at the end of the chain; therefore, not only is epistane a steroid, so are a lot of other compounds which are not considered AAS."

sghok

Awards
As mentioned previously, check the banned substance list. Some will list specific compounds and may even make a general statement that bans all "prohormones".
Why not just lift in a non-tested federation and you won't have to worry about it?
i want to lift ipf, i know 90%+ of the guys cheat but i dont know how and will let you guys know how my test goes

SRS2000

Awards
  • Established
9 out 10 ipf lifters I've known have never used, so there are many who are trying to compete drug-free. Just because others are using in a drug-tested federation doesn't make it right.
I have no problem with anyone who uses, just compete in a non-tested fed. I have competed in drug-tested meets and only did so because I was drug-free. If I decide to use any hormonal substance (OTC or not) I will compete in a non-tested meet.
Do whatever you want, but if you get chosen for testing there is chance you will come up positive.

sghok

Awards
9 out 10 ipf lifters I've known have never used, so there are many who are trying to compete drug-free. Just because others are using in a drug-tested federation doesn't make it right.
I have no problem with anyone who uses, just compete in a non-tested fed. I have competed in drug-tested meets and only did so because I was drug-free. If I decide to use any hormonal substance (OTC or not) I will compete in a non-tested meet.
Do whatever you want, but if you get chosen for testing there is chance you will come up positive.
#

THANKS will let you know how i get on!

quigs

quigs

Awards
  • Established
hi guys
does anone know if it will show up on a powerlifting drug test?
any help ?
thanks
Depends what type of test. If they are checking for specific drug metabolites, then no it will not show up. If they are checking test/epitest ratios then yes, you will test positive.

This is incorrect. It is an active anabolic steroid. There is no specific test for its drug metabolites, so it should be undetectable in a standard steroid screening.