Have any of you experienced guys had high PSA scores?

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
I have a discussion going on here where I'm getting opinions from members on HRT - but I'd also like to hear some experiences from non-HRT steroid users.

What experiences have you had? I started using Epistane in October to reduce gyno. It worked - and I followed up with Cypionate at 600mg per week for about 12 weeks - than I dropped down to about 400mg and continued on my TRT dose from a couple of years ago. So I've been on some form of an androgen since October - and Cypionate since January. Also keep in mind that I'm doing subcutaneous injections - which may cause DHT to be higher than normal.

About 2 months ago I added 250iu every 4 days of HCG - which has been working to increase testicle size.

I went to my HRT doctor a few days ago and got a blood test before I could get my new batch. Now even though I'm using 1 1/2 year old expired Cypionate - and doing it subcutaneously, my testosterone range was 1500 - high. My estrogen was also high and my PSA came back at 4.5.. At least that's what the doctor told me until after he read an email of mine asking for a re-test because I felt the one he took could have been inaccurate. Now it's 7.8.. So I don't know what to believe.

I don't have any symptoms of an enlarged prostate and I HAVE had prostatitis in the past - so maybe this is just a flare-up. Or, maybe this is just a temporary issue because of high estrogen, high testosterone or high DHT because of the HCG - or a combination of all..

I'm going to layoff EVERYTHING except for .5mg of Anastrozole daily. Hopefully in a few weeks, I'll get another test and get more down to earth results. If not, I'll go to a urologist for further examination.

Any thoughts from you guys?

Thanks in advance...

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
...I think I need to stop this cycle right now.. What do you think of my using Arimidex at .5mg daily? Enough? I've been using HCG during the cycle along with Nolvadex. I want to get my estrogen down because I feel it's making issues worse with my prostate. I also want to get my natural test production working..

Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance...

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
...I think I need to stop this cycle right now.. What do you think of my using Arimidex at .5mg daily? Enough? I've been using HCG during the cycle along with Nolvadex. I want to get my estrogen down because I feel it's making issues worse with my prostate. I also want to get my natural test production working..

Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance...
PSA is an adrogen responsive gene so levels are likely to be elevated while using AAS. An elevated PSA does not necessarily indicate anything but it is worth making sure.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
PSA is an adrogen responsive gene so levels are likely to be elevated while using AAS. An elevated PSA does not necessarily indicate anything but it is worth making sure.
Thanks.. I'll be going to a urologist to have a re-test in a couple of weeks. Hopefully most of the bad stuff will be out of my system enough to at least bring my PSA score down to a better number...

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
This was my first time using hcg during a cycle so if anyone would give me advice on how to come off this cycle and avoid having too much E2, I'd really appreciate it. I'm already taking precautions but there's always more to learn.

Thanks in advance

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • Established
Did they correlate the PSA with a DRE (Digital Rectal Exam?) PSA in general is used as a screening test (especially in those who are asymptomatic and have risk factors/family history), however its usefullness is still fairly controversial as to whether or not it's beneficial in saving lives longterm.

There are a many different factors that can cause an elevated PSA level. I see that you've had prostatitis before; chronic symptoms can develop from prostatitis (even though you can't feel them) in some people. This very well could be a contributory factor in your elevated PSA. Make sure your docotor knows that. BPH (Benign Prostate Hyperplasia) can also elevate your PSA level; its significance is benign in nature and treated with medication.

It's best to have this rechecked and correlated with the DRE (yes i know the thought is painful, lol), but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, Trauma.. No prostate cancer in my family but there HAS been a case or two of lung cancer and ovarian cancer.. In any event, I've had prostatitis (pretty bad) in my mid 20s and had it lightly a couple of times after that.

I got used to the DRE's when I had prostatitis - so I can deal with them. I stopped using Cypionate and I'm in PCT right now trying to get my estrogen down. I'm going to try and get as close to normal as I can and then go for another blood test and a DRE at a urologist. I'm sure that since I've been on this or that since October (Epistane in October and November, Cypionate/Max LMG in December and January, Cypionate/HCG since) - I've got BPH at least.