Milk Thistle To be or not to be?

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking about using milk thistle as part of my post treatment after m1t/4ad however I can't decide whether or not I need to. I ran a search and one post had numerous research studies showing support that it worked and some supported that it didn't work? Any final conclusions or personal opinions over whether or not this stuff really works? Thanks.

RLD

Awards
It does what it was designed to do. What can it hurt to take it?

TooL

Awards
Correct me if Im wrong, but wouldnt it be more beneficial to use it during the cycle as opposed to after.

RLD

Awards
Just depends on which side of the debate you on. Some studies have shown that it can have an affect on the the way the body uses the M1T. So in that respect its best to take Pre and Post Cycle Therapy.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
I didn't say that it couldn't hurt, I was just wondering if it indeed does do what it is intended to do. There are a lot of things that "couldn't hurt", but do you want to waste your money on them if they are not an effective or useful product?

RLD

Awards
I know, thats why I also said "it does what its designed to do"

gorge

Awards
I was thinking about using milk thistle as part of my post treatment after m1t/4ad however I can't decide whether or not I need to. I ran a search and one post had numerous research studies showing support that it worked and some supported that it didn't work? Any final conclusions or personal opinions over whether or not this stuff really works? Thanks.
There are conflicting reports on Milk thistle. I would go with ALA.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
I'd really recommend everybody do some research and decide for yourself. I spent a few hours on Pub Med doing a search on milk thistle (and its various names) and the word hepato (that way you'll find hepatoprotective and hepatotoxic).

If that sounds like too much work, I put some of the highlights from my search in the articles section.

~Todd

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I take Milk Thistle & ALA on M1t & continue a few weeks after.

There are several threads on BB.com that compare/contrast the 2. The consensus is that ALA is better on an oral cycle, & milk thistle is better taken following the cycle. They are both so cheap in large quantities from kilosports, I figure it can't hurt to run em both. ALA is $50 & Milk Thistle is $40 for 1000 caps. Thats a 1-2 years worth.

BiggKay

Awards
Correct me if Im wrong, but wouldnt it be more beneficial to use it during the cycle as opposed to after.
yes, taking it after is like closing the barn door when he horse is already out...

sly

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I take Milk Thistle & ALA on M1t & continue a few weeks after.

There are several threads on BB.com that compare/contrast the 2. The consensus is that ALA is better on an oral cycle, & milk thistle is better taken following the cycle. They are both so cheap in large quantities from kilosports, I figure it can't hurt to run em both. ALA is $50 & Milk Thistle is $40 for 1000 caps. Thats a 1-2 years worth.
I ordered my milk thistle 2months ago from Kilo and I'm still waiting, they have been out of stock all this time.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
2 months!? I guess I'll hold off on that. That is no way to run a business.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
kilo has always come through for me in a week..... hmmmm
Sage

sly

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
They have always been good to me also but can't seem to get me my damn milk thistle.:(

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
They have always been good to me also but can't seem to get me my damn milk thistle.:(
well, i know they had some on order and just stocked them only a week or two ago. I would contact them again.... using the contact option at their site. Ive been talking to them as well regarding my order and they gave me free ship and some methyl powder..... i dont need it but its the thought that counts. So just get at them....
Sage

sly

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
well, i know they had some on order and just stocked them only a week or two ago. I would contact them again.... using the contact option at their site. Ive been talking to them as well regarding my order and they gave me free ship and some methyl powder..... i dont need it but its the thought that counts. So just get at them....
Sage
I have e-mailed them 3 times and they keep saying it's on order. They are now saying it should have came in monday so I should have it in a week. if not I'm asking for my money back.I've ordered several times from them and aside from this and the M-1T I've had no delays. What pisses me off is they were selling it when they didn't even have it in stock.

BrKonman

Awards
yes, taking it after is like closing the barn door when he horse is already out...
Not this debate again. There is quite a bit of research demonstrating (for and against) the restorative abilities of milk thistle, as well as the protective. There's also research on Milk Thistle and unknown interactions with various compounds. http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10018&highlight=milk+thistle

Some great article reads over in that thread. (I believe its the one tator was referring to.) Since ya asked for personal opinions, I'm a fan of ALA and NAC on cycle, and milk thistle post-cycle.