PHs bulking/cutting ?s

CoachG

CoachG

Awards
Ok, I know this goes against commonly accepted notions, so is probably wrong, but I need someone to show me where I'm mixed up...

If one is not concerned with how one looks at the moment, but rather with the absolute amount of fat that is lost, it would seem to me that one should disregard things like wet gains vs dry gains and popular notions of which PH/AAS are cutting and which are bulking agents and just use the strongest and most powerful one that a person can tolerate. While water retention might be higher during the cycle, it would seem that the increased muscle gain would, in effect, lead to greater fat loss.

Like I said, I suspect this is incorrect, but would appreciate someone explaining to me where I'm off base. Thanks.

peace.

hill5673

Awards
If your "only" concern is fatloss then you shouldnt be taking any PH.
Diet, cardio, and maybe some clen..

T H E O R E M

T H E O R E M

Awards
  • Established
muscle gain would lead to long term fatloss, and also appearance of lower BF% when your Lean mass goes up.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
If one is not concerned with how one looks at the moment, but rather with the absolute amount of fat that is lost, it would seem to me that one should disregard things like wet gains vs dry gains and popular notions of which PH/AAS are cutting and which are bulking agents and just use the strongest and most powerful one that a person can tolerate. While water retention might be higher during the cycle, it would seem that the increased muscle gain would, in effect, lead to greater fat loss.
if you can keep your diet identical while on cycle, and during PCT this is correct : more muscle = more maintenance calories = fat loss. the hard thing here is to keep your diet intact for a cycle (4-6 weeks), and in PCT (4 weeks), then maintain that for another two months. you're talking about recomping, which is very doable on paper, but much harder to actually practice. and its slow going, moreso if you're above 15% body fat. if you're 12% and trying to get down to 8%, its gradual but noticeable.

recomping is really only advised (IMO) if you're around your target weight, and aren't terribly concerned about weighing more, just being more solid. if your goal is to gain 20 more pounds - work on that first before recomping.

CoachG

CoachG

Awards
thanks

Thank you, Suncloud. That was the information I was looking for.

searl12

searl12

Banned
Awards
  • Established
you will find suncloud seems to always have the right answer.
Good job cloud/again!