Getting PH to stay in solution

Saggy

Awards
I just mixed two 4oz. bottles of T-gel with 20 grams total of hormones. 10 grams in each bottle. Not sure if it came out right. I heated and shook numerous times and it will stay in solution for a little while then it starts separating some. I tested a few squirts and there is no gritty residue left when it dries. Anyone experienced with homebrewing please let me know if it's all good. Thanx,
Saggy

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
20g in 8oz is way too much. 15g for 8oz (240ml) should be about the max depending upon powder of choice. 15g/8oz(240ml)=.0625g/ml which is the high end of mg/ml ratio. You could toss in another 80ml (~2.66oz) solution to get 20g/320ml=.0625g/ml or a whole 120ml (4oz) to get 20g/360ml=.0555g/ml.

Last edited:
candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
The most I've heard of in a solution is 12g total. I'm not sure about 15. Of course I'm not familiar with T-Gel.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The most I've heard of in a solution is 12g total. I'm not sure about 15. Of course I'm not familiar with T-Gel.
Agreed. 12g is my recommendation for sure, regardless of gel. I believe that the 50mg/ml ratio is ideal. But something like SO+ has/had 15.375mg/240ml and have read of some who have squeezed 15g into their own homebrew solution. I would recommend that he add another whole 120ml/4oz.

Last edited:

Saggy

Awards
The new T-gel says it can hold 10 grams per bottle. Each bottle is 4oz. I put 10 in each. Anybody familiar with the new tgel?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes the new T-gel (4oz.) can hold more than previous amounts. 10g is the MAX. If you have a little that just won't go in its probably just extra and will eventually dissolve by itself or when you rub it on. PN probably threw a little more in there for you :D If you don't have any residue left over, then your just fine.

I've done 16g in the old stuff. Just takes some time and patience when heating it up.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll tell you how much I get to dissolve maybe tomorrow. I'll see what the maximum I can get in the new version.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
If you have a large amount of 4AD, it will be harder to dissolve.

It's always a little harder to get 4ad to dissolve than other PHs. The Max per 8oz in the old t-gel was 15g, but it was hard to get more than 12g of 4ad. I imagine the max for 4ad would be a little less than the 20g.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just a curious question. Is getting more actives disolved in solvent/solution any indication of greater absorption of active. I thought that there was a rate/limit that the skin surface (sqr inches) could absorb. What I'm getting at is, just because I can disolve more in my solution it doesn't neccesarily mean I'm getting greater amounts into my system than with a lesser concentration. Or does it?

Last edited:
Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It does. But its always wise to spread it out over the largest area possible.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just got 10g of powder into 4oz. fairly easy. Its much easier than the old T-gels. Myabe I should go for 12g :D

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
12g/120ml--100mg/ml :eek:

Not looking to instigate any debate over absorption and recipies, etc.
But...100mg/ml is tremendous (bordering absurd) in some circles. What sort of absorption are you predicting a one 100mg/ml dose would yield if applied properly (not like 1ml is a lot to spread :p). I like using low dose (200-300mg daily) 4AD in my stacks.

Not for nothing but this would change my transdermal life forever ;)

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
My thoughts exactly. I'm thinking that the new dermal should be spread out to cover the same amount of skin area (as the old formular) to be just as effective.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah its definetly up there. I wouldn't know what kind of absortion were looking at. But remember, each sqirt is 2ml, not 1, so you can spread it out fairly easily. You just have to be patient in getting the powder into your solution. Add half, shake it up then add the other half then heat and shake. I usually heat it up several times and shake it like crazy before everything actually goes in. Just think, heat and shake, heat and shake :D Its easy, just time consuming.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everyone remember to unscrew the top off a little to let expanding air to escape or you WILL warp the bottle. Just take your time, leave it in a hot water bath (standing up) and be patient. You will get in all in eventually.

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
Yeah its definetly up there. I wouldn't know what kind of absortion were looking at. But remember, each sqirt is 2ml, not 1, so you can spread it out fairly easily. You just have to be patient in getting the powder into your solution. Add half, shake it up then add the other half then heat and shake. I usually heat it up several times and shake it like crazy before everything actually goes in. Just think, heat and shake, heat and shake :D Its easy, just time consuming.

Bobo, the only problem I'm forseeing with this method is your saturation technique. A slovent can only hold so much solute before it becomes supersaturated. A way to increase saturation is by the addition of energy, which is heat in this application. I can see that in a heated state the solvent can hold more solute, but won't it just precipitate back out as it cools back to 25C? Will you have to reheat each time before using to insure a that it's mixed homogeneously?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope. It holds for the most part. I've done it several times and it wokrs everytime. The key is not to heat it to the point the alcohol is evaporating. Most of the time its not even approaching the saturation point. Its the fact that the powder sometimes clumps together due to its consistency. Heating the solution up tends to make it easier to breakdown into smaller particles making it easier for dissolving.

But after messing with it, 10g should be the max. After that it tends to get pretty tough.

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
Cool. Thanks for going through the trouble of checking that out for everyone.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wanted to bump an old thread for some new user feedback. Anyone getting 10+ grams into 4oz of solution/gel. Most interested in feedback on 1-T. I know 4AD is less likely to go beyond 10g/4oz.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
For higher mg/ml concentrations it is best to go with homebrew, spray version. I've never used the gels. I can get 15gr of ph into 240ml HB solution of 1-test......1,4 andro.....even 4ad, which takes a bit of work but can be done....also requires a shake before spraying on. One can also add a marble to the bottle 'a la spray paint can' to help when shaking (Chemos idea).

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
Can someone *verify* that microwaving prohormones will actually damage them, or is this speculative "brotelligence"? If it does damage them, fine, but if not, people are wasting a lot of time using water baths and so on.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I believe Chemo was the person who spoke against microwaving the PH's due to possibly damaging their structures. It was a very old thread that may be in the Transdermal section. I'm not sure if there were actual tests performed, but I whole heartedly trust Chemo's recommendation and knowledge in this area. Maybe you can PM him for an answer to this.