Question About Steroids Stunting Growth?

XDriftKingsX

Awards
So is the only reason behind steroids such as test stopping growth because of the conversion to estrogen? and the excess estrogen closing growth plates?

If thats the case couldnt you just use an AI throughout?
Or is there other ways steroids can stop you from growing?

And before i get chewed out...
Im 25 and am startin my first cycle right after summer.
Im just wondering to be honest!

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Teens who abuse steroids before the typical adolescent growth spurt risk staying short and never reaching their full adult height. Why? Because the body is programmed to stop growing after puberty. When hormone levels reach a certain point, the body thinks it has already gone through puberty. So, bones get the message to stop growing way too soon. got this from http://teens.drugabuse.gov/facts/facts_ster2.php

XDriftKingsX

Awards
Thanks!
Make me glad i knew nothing of steroids till i was about 22 lol

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
So is the only reason behind steroids such as test stopping growth because of the conversion to estrogen? and the excess estrogen closing growth plates?

you are 6 feet tall. the hell are you b!tching about!:rant:

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
you are 6 feet tall. the hell are you b!tching about!
Seriously bro, how much taller do you want to be?!?!? I don't think you have anything to worry about but yeah my understanding is that the estrogen boost is what stunts the growth.

spartan300

Awards

i sold my developmental biology book so i don't remember the exact mechanism

but i believe it test that plays a role in the closing growth plates not estrogen

XDriftKingsX

Awards
...dude i even seem short at 6ft sometimes...teens these days are fkking tall...but anyways i dont want to grow more i just didnt know if this was one of those steroid myth things. plus im 25... my growth plates are closed most likely.

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
...dude i even seem short at 6ft sometimes...teens these days are fkking tall...but anyways i dont want to grow more i just didnt know if this was one of those steroid myth things. plus im 25... my growth plates are closed most likely.

i knew a few of guys who started using when they were 15. grew just fine. i am not saying steroids wont stunt growth but haven't seen much evidence of it.

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
how tall are you compared to your parents? you cant expect to be much different from them. just like a black mother giving birth to a white child.

if some one family had only tall people and the only variable that was different for one member was steroid use and he turned out to be much shorter. then it could mean something.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
It is pretty well-established that it is the conversion to estrogen that causes the epiphyseal growth plates to close and growth to be "stunted".

Random181

Awards
  • Established
yes, just no one seems to have any real world examples lol

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
yes, just no one seems to have any real world examples lol
What do you think the chances are that someone will come on here and say "yeah, I am a manlet because I took steroids when I was a teen." Plus if an antiestrogen is used then the chances of stunted growth are reduced.

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
What do you think the chances are that someone will come on here and say "yeah, I am a manlet because I took steroids when I was a teen." Plus if an antiestrogen is used then the chances of stunted growth are reduced.

people reveal alot of **** online because no1 knows who they are.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
people reveal alot of **** online because no1 knows who they are.
Nevertheless, estrogens cause closure of epiphyseal plates and if an AAS converst to estrogen and no antiestrogen is taken then there is the possibility of stunted growth.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Thinking sensibly though (meaning I am not saying this makes teen steroid use okay) It does seem very unlikely for stunted growth if a non aramotizing compound is used (such as 'the one' epistane etc

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
there is no conclusive evidence showing that steroids definitely stunt growth. they are claims all made from speculations.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
Thinking sensibly though (meaning I am not saying this makes teen steroid use okay) It does seem very unlikely for stunted growth if a non aramotizing compound is used (such as 'the one' epistane etc
You are correct and non-aromatizing androgens were used experimentally to treat short stature in the 1970's because non-aromatizing androgens will increase linear growth. Short stature is not the only reason why teens should not use AAS though.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
there is no conclusive evidence showing that steroids definitely stunt growth. they are claims all made from speculations.
If you mean that there are no studies where they gave aromatizing androgens to children to see if their growth was stunted, then you are correct. If you know that estrogens cause closure of the growth plates, and they certainly do. And you know that certain steroids convert to estrogen in quantities large enough to cause development of female secondary sexual characterisitics (i.e. breast tissue growth) then it is logical and reasonable to say that with those aromatizing steroids, closure of the growth plates is a risk.

Random181

Awards
  • Established
I agree entirely with seths last statement! the other thing to consider is serm use during PCT though, serms are synthetic estrogens and we know they exert pro- estrogenic effects in bone such as increasing bone density, so it would make sense to presume that serms can stunt bone growth such as estrogen can..

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
If you mean that there are no studies where they gave aromatizing androgens to children to see if their growth was stunted, then you are correct. If you know that estrogens cause closure of the growth plates, and they certainly do. And you know that certain steroids convert to estrogen in quantities large enough to cause development of female secondary sexual characterisitics (i.e. breast tissue growth) then it is logical and reasonable to say that with those aromatizing steroids, closure of the growth plates is a risk.
i believe there is a study were they gave winstrol to children and growth wasnt stunted. i admit that some steroids more than likely WILL stunt growth, but the fact that they are all lumped into one category as if they all act the same bothers me.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
i believe there is a study were they gave winstrol to children and growth wasnt stunted. i admit that some steroids more than likely WILL stunt growth, but the fact that they are all lumped into one category as if they all act the same bothers me.
Well, did you catch the part where i said aromatizable? Is winstrol aromatizable? That is the distinction. Yes, some people do lump them all together and just parrot "stunted growth" because they want to sound like they know it all.

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
Well, did you catch the part where i said aromatizable? Is winstrol aromatizable? That is the distinction. Yes, some people do lump them all together and just parrot "stunted growth" because they want to sound like they know it all.
no, winstrol is not aromitizable. i misread your post and when i replied with that i forgot that you did mention aromitizable, my mistake. my only rebuttal would be that i know of people who have been using stuff like decca, test and dbol since they were about 14/15 and have grown since then. while i dont doubt it as a possibility, it isnt completely proven either.

Young One

Awards
Contributing to the topic.

I have a couple of teenage friends that ran non-aromatizing steroids and then got tested and they can still grow in height. So non-aromatizing steroids will not stunt growth.

If I was concerned about growing taller, I wouldn't take the risk of stunting growth with aromatizing compounds (even if stacked with an AI)

Random181

Awards
  • Established
The question though, with all these designers out today do we really know how each one actually effects the hormones?

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Yes, anavar + letro = height growth far beyond genetic potential :), I would love to try it but the effects of being on letro for the next few years would be horrific.

edit: 99% sure my plates are closed anyway

repmks

repmks

Awards
  • Established
Yes, anavar + letro = height growth far beyond genetic potential :), I would love to try it but the effects of being on letro for the next few years would be horrific

put a hole in your chest and your wallet.

james1

james1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
would teens taking aas have any effect on growth or development of their little guy?

Random181

Awards
  • Established
Depends on how old they were, id imagine by 15 + when most teens to think of taking everything should be physically developed so it shouldnt be problem.

james1

james1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Depends on how old they were, id imagine by 15 + when most teens to think of taking everything should be physically developed so it shouldnt be problem.
yea I was just wondering the permanent side effects teens could encounter other then stunted growth.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
yea I was just wondering the permanent side effects teens could encounter other then stunted growth.
There is little direct evidence of what exactly can happen. But, there seems to be a precise sequence of hormonal changes during the process of "puberty" and disrupting this process could have many unforeseen consequences such as a lack of maturation of certain parts of the brain. Adult males tend to act quite a bit different from teenage males especially with regard to risk-taking and aggression. The same can be said for complete development of secondary sexual charactersitics. It is possible that the use of AAS could result in the interuption of these processes resulting in long-term issues with libido. Suffice to say that the same "stunting" of the skeletal system could occur in other organ or endocrine systems.

james1

james1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There is little direct evidence of what exactly can happen. But, there seems to be a precise sequence of hormonal changes during the process of "puberty" and disrupting this process could have many unforeseen consequences such as a lack of maturation of certain parts of the brain. Adult males tend to act quite a bit different from teenage males especially with regard to risk-taking and aggression. The same can be said for complete development of secondary sexual charactersitics. It is possible that the use of AAS could result in the interuption of these processes resulting in long-term issues with libido. Suffice to say that the same "stunting" of the skeletal system could occur in other organ or endocrine systems.
thats what i was looking for, thanks.