Microwave degradation ???

H

hammer55

does microwave kill active product in oil in conversion process ? used two thirty second intervils to heat oil. need imput

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
why would you use the microwave to heat your gear....i have no clue wether this degreades the juice or not but next time just use a hot water bath....

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
Or you could run the end of the vial under hot sink for 15-30 seconds. Microwave cant be good for it.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Jay Edit: No need to respond with anything other than an answer or a question but both can be done without an insult.
listen to the gentlemen above

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Dude, microwaves kill everything! That cant be good.

H

hammer55

ran under boiling water for one hour, still not clear.... wan't intelligent feed back,not some smart ass newbie with a friggin cat picture, saw microwave heating instr. on basskiller.....

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
ran under boiling water for one hour, still not clear.... wan't intelligent feed back,not some smart ass newbie with a friggin cat picture, saw microwave heating instr. on basskiller.....
newbie?? HAHAHAHAHA

ur not going to get "intelligent" feedback because i doubt anyone has ever microwaved their gear.

boiling, yes
running under hot water, yes
microwaving?....never heard of such a thing

H

hammer55

Yes, NEWBIE. You have been training for only 4 years and I have been training for almost longer than you've been alive...NEWBIE.

Please refrain from nonsensical responses and give advice if you have it. Otherwise, please don't respond...you are showing your immaturity.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Yes, NEWBIE. You have been training for only 4 years and I have been training for almost longer than you've been alive...NEWBIE.

Please refrain from nonsensical responses and give advice if you have it. Otherwise, please don't respond...you are showing your immaturity.
i did give advice. what more do u want? ive never heard of anyone microwaving their gear. so my advice....use it and see if it works.

by the way u cant negative rep someone when u are in the red

M

MikeDre

Awards
I have no idea how it translates to your situation, but I talked with PA about heating other hormonals for transdermal and he said that as long as you dont get them scorching hot its not an issue.

Take it for what its worth

H

hammer55

Thanks for the input MikeDre. It is the first real advice that I've gotten on this thread. I appreciate it.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Considering he came here asking a question that was legit to him; none of this treatment was warranted. Apparently none of you have a definitive answer so who looks like more of an idiot?

Seriously, grow up.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
Considering he came here asking a question that was legit to him; none of this treatment was warranted. Apparently none of you have a definitive answer so who looks like more of an idiot?

Seriously, grow up.

not arguing at all, but who would really use a microwave in this situation when over EVERY board it says somewhere that running the vial under hot water or putting it in semi-boiling water will work.

and Mods, as for his questions, i thought we werent allowed to talk about homebrewing?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I may be completely wrong but his question is in regards to destruction of a substance using a microwave not how to make conversions.

Talking about how to convert powders and various illegal substances is NOT tolerated! Do not ask for supply kits or anything else that can be perceived as "steroid paraphernalia" and do not post links to those sites that supply such products.

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Can't we just all be friends? I mean were all in it for the same thing, right?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
not arguing at all, but who would really use a microwave in this situation when over EVERY board it says somewhere that running the vial under hot water or putting it in semi-boiling water will work.
Maybe because pretty much anything that can be done in a microwave can also be done using hot water or boiling water. The end result is the same and if it doesn't destroy it then it would be a perfectly fine addition to the heating methods.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
I may be completely wrong but his question is in regards to destruction of a substance using a microwave not how to make conversions.
i just saw this post below and put 2 and 2 together...

i'll leave it at that, im out of this thread

ran under boiling water for one hour, still not clear.... wan't intelligent feed back, saw microwave heating instr. on basskiller.....

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good, apparently people need to have all of the answers before asking the questions. You can take your attitude elsewhere as far as i'm concerned.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Microwave scares me...i saw a thing on the news how it degrades the protein in some meats.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't use the microwave much anymore outsite of heating water or popcorn. use the stove a lot more now than I did a year ago. Wonder how true it is about the protein though. That would definitely change how i reheat and heat some foods now.

M

MikeDre

Awards
When I was in grammar school I did a science experiment where I grew plants with stove boiled versus microwave boiled water. If I remember right the water boiled on the stove plants grew much better or sprouted better or something. maybe you guys wanna try it on your own

mathis50262

mathis50262

Awards
  • Established
Microwave will kill the good enzymes in food, anong with protein.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there anything to pull up regarding this? this is the first i'm hearing of microwaving killing anything moreso than regular heat when preparing foods.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
yeah but wont any heating above like...what is it...120 degrees denature protein in meats....its not just the microwave

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is there anything to pull up regarding this? this is the first i'm hearing of microwaving killing anything moreso than regular heat when preparing foods.
I know some people that avoid the microwave like the plague; sometimes I go along with them and avoid it for a few weeks but in the end break down due to convenience issues. This is something on my To Research list. I haven't look very deep into the scientific data surrounding protein/nutrient degradation.

D

dpfisher

My concern with the microwave would be two things relating to the fact that you won't have a constant high temp for a long period of time but an ever increasing temp. At some temperature it will break down, and also it may be possible to heat the amps enough that they would explode if closed. I think the food thing would be a negligible issue if you already cooked your food and are just reheating it, so what if .5% of the protein gets lost from 30 seconds or something. Maybe if you were cooking steaks in the microwave WHY WOULD YOU EVER DO THIS then it might matter.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
i dunno...i cook most of my meals like a week in advance and freeze em...then micro later....i make great gains still....i cant imagine im hurting the food too much...but then again....mabye thats why i dont look like ronnie yet....

D

dpfisher

I was wrong!! This is from the FDA, if you scroll down to the "cooking with microwave it will expain"..... I'll be damned, my life just became more conviente! http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/consumer/microwave.html#3
Wow that also kinda answers the original question in this thread:

"FDA recommends that microwave ovens not be used in home canning. It is believed that neither microwave ovens nor conventional ovens produce or maintain temperatures high enough to kill the harmful bacteria that occur in some foods while canning."

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All that attitude over a microwave question is a bit much; particularly because the end result would be the same.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R1187 Nutrition / Health 17
Whacked Recipes 5
LeanMaShane Nutrition / Health 15
C Recipes 5
Whacked Recipes 7