Oral Steroids or Alchohol?

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
So eveyrone always says that Oral steroids are harsh on your liver. What I want to know is just how harsh are they compared to say drinking alchohol?

I typically drink while off cycle or PCT. I drink once a week and have about 10 Pints of lager or a bottle of vodka so my liver takes a hit quite a bit anyhow.

Should I be worried about Oral steroids if I am not worried about the effect that alchohol is having on me?

Does anyone have any decent articles compareing the effects from both?

Thanks

orangutan

orangutan

Banned
Awards
well first off saying that on a forum like this youre just going to get flamed by everyone saying "if youre deticated to bodybuilding you won't drink"

however, i think i asked that question about 5yrs ago in my heavy partying days lol. the answer i believe someone gave me was that an average dose of d-bol was equal to about 4 beers a day. which is basically nothing

the bottom line is that people really freak out about cycle support supps on here... and im sure alot of it is overdone. thats if u want an answer from a realist and not a diehard healthfreak

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
just dont binge drink and DO NOT drink on cycle. i still would keep drinking to a minimum if at all.

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
well first off saying that on a forum like this youre just going to get flamed by everyone saying "if youre deticated to bodybuilding you won't drink"

however, i think i asked that question about 5yrs ago in my heavy partying days lol. the answer i believe someone gave me was that an average dose of d-bol was equal to about 4 beers a day. which is basically nothing

the bottom line is that people really freak out about cycle support supps on here... and im sure alot of it is overdone. thats if u want an answer from a realist and not a diehard healthfreak
Thanks thats exactly what I was after.

I would NEVER drink on cycle as thats just a waste. But I do enjoy drinking when off cycle. You have to enjoy the body you are building!

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
you also shouldnt drink while during your pct...body is recovering during that period and alcohol hinders recovery

Stangtuner

Stangtuner

Awards
Steroids do not affect the liver the same way that Alcohol does. Alcohol affects the liver by accumulating fat within hepatocytes, which is the type of cells that make up one's liver. This build up of fat cells is what makes the Liver stop working.

Steroids damage the liver by making it work overtime to filter out substances that it is not used to filter. This is what causes the huge spike in Liver enzymes. You can tell how hard the Liver is working by the level of it's enzymes. If you take an unwise dosage of steroids for a certain amount of time, your liver will shut down and then you will need a transplant. you're up ****'s creek.

As long as YOU'RE WISE and pre-cautions are taken while taking a PH or Steroid you liver enzymes will return to normal after PCT.

But to compare alcohol harshness to Steroid harshness is comparing apples and oranges.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If your trying to be a pro bb then don't drink often, if u just work out and juice too look good and its a hobby of yours then go ahead drink.

orangutan

orangutan

Banned
Awards
Steroids do not affect the liver the same way that Alcohol does. Alcohol affects the liver by accumulating fat within hepatocytes, which is the type of cells that make up one's liver. This build up of fat cells is what makes the Liver stop working.

Steroids damage the liver by making it work overtime to filter out substances that it is not used to filter. This is what causes the huge spike in Liver enzymes. You can tell how hard the Liver is working by the level of it's enzymes. If you take an unwise dosage of steroids for a certain amount of time, your liver will shut down and then you will need a transplant. you're up ****'s creek.

As long as YOU'RE WISE and pre-cautions are taken while taking a PH or Steroid you liver enzymes will return to normal after PCT.

But to compare alcohol harshness to Steroid harshness is comparing apples and oranges.
i'm fairly certain this is not accurate info. when friend whos an alcoholic went to the doctor the doctor explained to him what u explained in the second paragraph. perfectly....just replace steroids with alcohol

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
i'm fairly certain this is not accurate info. when friend whos an alcoholic went to the doctor the doctor explained to him what u explained in the second paragraph. perfectly....just replace steroids with alcohol
Yes surely alchohol would also put a strain on your liver as you are basically poisoning your body for 12-16 hours.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
60% of statistics are made up on the spot :)

blakkbwoy

blakkbwoy

Awards
I agree with Joeymutz, if you arent trying to compete then have a couple drinks. Nothing crazy like an entire bottle of vodka, but a 2 or 3 beers once a week isnt gonna kill you!

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
why drink.
either ur a party animla or bodybuilder, u cant be both, and if ur not bodybuilder in my opinion u shouldnt use roids. too much damage to body. but thats my opinion as far as drinkin i belive it is worse?

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
why drink.
either ur a party animla or bodybuilder, u cant be both, and if ur not bodybuilder in my opinion u shouldnt use roids. too much damage to body. but thats my opinion as far as drinkin i belive it is worse?
so baseball, track atheletes, wrestlers, MMA fighters, football players all shouldn't use steroids? Steroids are used for many reasons;:crackhead: faster recovery, strength, size, etc. to say only bodybuilders should use them is ignorant.

nsmoney1

nsmoney1

Awards
seriously, we're talking about a couple of drinks here.. everyone knows or should know to stay away if your using orals. but theres nothing wrong with having fun when your not on. arnold use to party like a mofo off season and he owned bb. people totally blow drinking way out porportion

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Comparing apples to oranges, really. It's impossible to determine exactly. Different steroids have better or worse effects. Everyone responds to alcohol toxicity differently. But if I had to put some type of EXTREME general comparison to it, I would say that a LOW dose of dbol every day is equivalent to 4-6 beers a day. But when it comes to things like 30mg of M-drol, I would compare it to a 750 of everclear :D

orangutan

orangutan

Banned
Awards
seriously, we're talking about a couple of drinks here.. everyone knows or should know to stay away if your using orals. but theres nothing wrong with having fun when your not on. arnold use to party like a mofo off season and he owned bb. people totally blow drinking way out porportion
well thats true... i know guys who party like rockstars, are straight drug addicts... i mean painkillers everyday in their protein shakes (no joke).... they also take crystal meth to cut up.... tan every single day of their life.... and look better than anyone i know. but thier insides might be a different story. i mean u can push it however far u want really

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
arnold was a freak of nature

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yah and used dbol from age 15. greg valentino mentioned it in one of his articles. and if u read arnold biography he wrote few yrs back he mentions he trained with big men and his good friend in austira and training partner was a doctor.

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
and my coworkers told me he saw a video were he admitted takin it from a veryy young age

ZoomZoom88

ZoomZoom88

Awards
  • Established
Comparing apples to oranges, really. It's impossible to determine exactly. Different steroids have better or worse effects. Everyone responds to alcohol toxicity differently. But if I had to put some type of EXTREME general comparison to it, I would say that a LOW dose of dbol every day is equivalent to 4-6 beers a day. But when it comes to things like 30mg of M-drol, I would compare it to a 750 of everclear :D
holy ****

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah and used dbol from age 15. greg valentino mentioned it in one of his articles. and if u read arnold biography he wrote few yrs back he mentions he trained with big men and his good friend in austira and training partner was a doctor.

There was a statement from someone who used to train with him (one of the other bodybuilders) who said they'd sprinkle dbols like raisins on their wheaties for breakfast....

:D

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established

see that is the difference. arnold and those guys back then used it UNDER DOCTOR'S SUPERVISION. u think the bb'ers now do that? let alone normal people like ur friend here?

LOLBRB

LOLBRB

Awards
no doubt drinking is terrible for you on OR off cycle... but lets be real here. 2-3 beers on OR off is not going to kill you or do any long term damage. i'm not talking about pounding 15 beers and doing lines of M-drol while you're bro shoves m1t up your butt.. but cmon.

don't yah think frat boys would be dropping dead by the day if this was the case?