prostate on M1T

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50%

prostate on M1T

everybody seems to worry about liver protection on m1t. i was wondering about protecting the prostate??? has anyone had any problems with this while on m1t? if so what supps and or drugs are you taking to alleviate prostate problems.

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.9%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Two cycles down and no prostrate issues at all..so far.

4AD really bugged my prostate but M1T has had no effect thus far.

Methinks, and the gurus will correct me if I'm wrong, that the lack of aromatization by M1T should keep E2 and estradiol levels from getting high and irritating the your manly essence.
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.56%
    Achievements Posting Pro

People aren't talking about prostate issues because its a known issue with 1-test compounds. Liver protection is something new to think about with m1t.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.44%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I've never had any prostate effects with M1t or any other androgens, but any androgen can affect the prostate for some people. Many are taking Hawthorn Berry to protect it the same way milk thistle is taken for the liver. I believe it helps to block conversion to DHT, which would compromise your gains slightly. The decison to take it would depend on if you are prone to prostate problems or not

I never have taken anything for it personally. Run a search, I'm sure there's plenty of info on it, dosing, etc.
  5. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.95%

I think Londog meant Saw Palmetto (Hawthorne berry is for heart/BP, right?). The beta sitosterol in Saw Palmetto is supposed to help your prostate. M1T didn't really bother my prostate. Ephedra tweaks my prostate - I really have to increase my SP dosage when I'm cutting.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.86%

Hawthorn
    By Mayo Clinic staff

Latin name
    Crataegus species

Other name
    Whitethorn

Popular uses

Hawthorn is used to help prevent chest pain (angina) and improve cardiac function in people with chronic mild heart failure.

What the research shows

U.S. studies of hawthorn have been short-term and inconclusive. However, European studies indicate hawthorn may expand the blood vessels, allowing more oxygen and blood to reach the heart. This strengthens the heartbeat, slightly increasing its speed. By dilating the blood vessels, hawthorn seems to help circulation and can reduce blood pressure.

Possible side effects

Typically none with proper use. However, if you experience any adverse side effects or reactions, see your doctor.

Cautions

Hawthorn is intended for long-term treatment of the early stages of congestive heart failure. Use only under a doctor's supervision. If you have concerns about chest pain or the health of your heart, see your doctor for a complete examination. Heart disease is a serious illness, and you shouldn't treat any symptoms yourself or ignore the well-established benefits of prescription drugs.

Available forms

Liquid and dry extracts from a combination of hawthorn flowers, leaves and fruits.

Be sure to select a preparation that includes all three components or a combination of leaves and flowers. Extracts from the leaf, berry or flowers alone are not as effective.

Typical dosage

The potency of commercial products varies. Follow the manufacturer's instructions. You typically take hawthorn for up to 6 weeks before you experience benefits. Talk to your doctor about what dosage is appropriate for you.

Active ingredients

Flavonoids, especially oligomeric procyanidans.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.86%

Saw palmetto
    By Mayo Clinic staff

Latin name
    Serenoa repens

Other name
    Sabel

Popular uses

Saw palmetto is used to relieve the symptoms of prostate enlargement.

What the research shows

Studies indicate saw palmetto may decrease symptoms of noncancerous enlargement of the prostate gland — benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). It helps improve urine flow and emptying of the bladder.

Possible side effects

Upset stomach.

Cautions

Talk to your doctor before using. Left untreated or treated improperly, BPH can lead to more serious complications, such as infection.

Available forms

Extract of saw palmetto berry's oils, crushed berry, tablet or capsule.

Typical dosage

Berry extract — 320 milligrams orally daily. Crushed berry — 1 to 2 grams orally daily.

Active ingredients

Not identified yet, but they lie in the oily compounds of the berries.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.86%

More on Saw palmetto from a Mayo Clinic article on prostate cancer.

Herbal products marketed to relieve common prostate problems, such as frequent urination or a weak urine flow, include:

African plum tree (Pygeum)
    South African star grass (Hypoxis rooperi)
    Pumpkin (Cucurbita pepo)
    Rye grass (Secale cereale)
    Stinging nettle (Urtica dioica and Urtica urens)
    Taken in small to moderate amounts, these products appear safe. But they haven't been studied in large, long-term trials to confirm their safety or to prove they work.

An exception is the herb saw palmetto (Serenoa repens). Unlike other herbal supplements, it has been widely tested, and the results show promise.

Saw palmetto is thought to work by preventing testosterone from breaking down into another form of the hormone associated with prostate tissue growth. In 1998 researchers with the Department of Veterans Affairs reviewed more than a dozen studies involving saw palmetto and concluded that the herb appears to be as effective as the medication finasteride (Proscar) in reducing the size of an enlarged prostate. It also appears to produce fewer side effects. The researchers recommended additional studies to determine the appropriate daily dosage of the supplement and its long-term effectiveness.

Saw palmetto works slowly. Most men begin to see an improvement in their urinary symptoms within 1 to 3 months. If after 3 months you haven’t noticed any benefit from the product, then it may not work for you. It appears safe to take saw palmetto indefinitely, but possible effects from long-term use are unknown.

One drawback of this herb, and many other such herbal products, is that it may suppress PSA levels in your blood. This action can interfere with the effectiveness of the PSA test. That's why if you take saw palmetto or other herbal medicines, it's important to tell your doctor before having a PSA test.
    ~Todd
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.31%

whats a PSA test?
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.94%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I for one noticed prostate irritation while on methyl 1-test. What likely compounded the situation was the use of ephedrine in attempt to overcome the lethargy that's inherent with M1T usage. I used a fair amount of saw palmetto, which seemed to help some but not enough to alleviate all symptoms. The most bothersome symtpom I experienced was painful ejaculation, it basically felt like having your nuts put in a vice and the squeeze put on; unpleasant to say the least, enough so that I damn sure avoided ejaculation for the last few days of the cycle after said occurrence.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.53%

Originally posted by max silver
    I for one noticed prostate irritation while on methyl 1-test. What likely compounded the situation was the use of ephedrine in attempt to overcome the lethargy that's inherent with M1T usage. I used a fair amount of saw palmetto, which seemed to help some but not enough to alleviate all symptoms. The most bothersome symtpom I experienced was painful ejaculation, it basically felt like having your nuts put in a vice and the squeeze put on; unpleasant to say the least, enough so that I damn sure avoided ejaculation for the last few days of the cycle after said occurrence.

I'll Bet that ephedrine is not good for you.
    I cant take the stuff no matter how fat i get.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5%

Originally posted by max silver
    The most bothersome symtpom I experienced was painful ejaculation, it basically felt like having your nuts put in a vice and the squeeze put on; unpleasant to say the least, enough so that I damn sure avoided ejaculation for the last few days of the cycle after said occurrence.
    Ouch! **** that hurt just reading it!
  13. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.9%

SP seemed to work for me when my 4AD cycle irritated my prostate, however it may have been my body simply adjusting to the hormones on its own. The reason I say that is because for me at least, the sides on M1T only lasted for several days then disappeared. I dunno what to think about it..just lucky I guess.

I did have to take LOTS of SP throughout the day to elicit an effect which took at least a week or two to kick in.

It's postulated that SP blocks DHT somehow but I was wondering if anyone has ever read anything that validates this claim. Additionally, newer info seems to point to estrdiol and E2 as the source of prostate woes. I would think that blocking those would be beneficial for a number of reasons.
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.94%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Do you have any idea how much saw palmetto you were taking throughout the day? I was taking 1000mg capsules 3 times a day, which garnered some relief, but wasn't enough to block all symptoms for myself.
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.9%

I was taking about 1200 mgs two to three times a day for several weeks. The real problem is that the brand I was using is not standardized so really there's no telling how much active ingredient I was ingesting.

Some other things I noticed on cycle pertaining to the prostate;

-avoid ECA's as stated by others

-avoid high temperatures...like saunas and jacuzzis. Studies have shown that high temps for more than 15 minutes irritate the prostate and may increase the risk of BPH or prostate cancer. I've noticed that when on cycle that if I use the jacuzzi it can further irritate my prostate. Kind of an anecdotal observation but it's something I keep in mind.
  16. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    22.44%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Originally posted by intv
    I think Londog meant Saw Palmetto (Hawthorne berry is for heart/BP, right?). The beta sitosterol in Saw Palmetto is supposed to help your prostate. M1T didn't really bother my prostate. Ephedra tweaks my prostate - I really have to increase my SP dosage when I'm cutting.
    Ooops. Yeah, i did mean Saw Palmetto. Thanks for covering my ass on that one.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Wanna lean out on M1T
    By Phenomenal in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-20-2003, 08:11 PM
  2. Want to gain muscle+lose fat on M1T
    By Phenomenal in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 06:47 PM
  3. Strange side effect on M1T...
    By neckcrank in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13