i got my blood results from epi/mdrol run

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
i was in the norm for everything except i have low (36) HDL. is that anything to really worry about? (i am aware of what low HDL can lead to). wont the body's homeostasis naturally bring it up to normal within weeks/months?

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
I would be proactive and try to get those levels up to normal, no reason to increase your risk of heart attack. I would start supplementing with 10-15grams of fish oil ED. That fixed my lopsided LDL/HDL numbers within a month.

Omega-3 fatty acids for cardioprotection.Lee JH, O'Keefe JH, Lavie CJ, Marchioli R, Harris WS.
Mid America Heart Institute and University of Missouri-Kansas City, 4330 Wornall Road, Kansas City, MO 64111, USA.

The most compelling evidence for the cardiovascular benefit provided by omega-3 fatty acids comes from 3 large controlled trials of 32,000 participants randomized to receive omega-3 fatty acid supplements containing docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) or to act as controls. These trials showed reductions in cardiovascular events of 19% to 45%. These findings suggest that intake of omega-3 fatty acids, whether from dietary sources or fish oil supplements, should be increased, especially in those with or at risk for coronary artery disease. Patients should consume both DHA and EPA. The target DHA and EPA consumption levels are about 1 g/d for those with known coronary artery disease and at least 500 mg/d for those without disease. Patients with hypertriglyceridemia benefit from treatment with 3 to 4 g/d of DHA and EPA, a dosage that lowers triglyceride levels by 20% to 50%. Although 2 meals of oily fish per week can provide 400 to 500 mg/d of DHA and EPA, secondary prevention patients and those with hypertriglyceridemia must use fish oil supplements if they are to reach 1 g/d and 3 to 4 g/d of DHA and EPA, respectively. Combination therapy with omega-3 fatty acids and a statin is a safe and effective way to improve lipid levels and cardiovascular prognosis beyond the benefits provided by statin therapy alone. Blood DHA and EPA levels could one day be used to identify patients with deficient levels and to individualize therapeutic recommendations.

PMID: 18316000 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
way before my cycle, during, and after ive always done 9 grams of fish oil a day (supplement intake). not sure what my dietary intake of EFA's are

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
You can also continue to run cycle support, somebody on here did blood and it took his numbers back to normal.

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i was in the norm for everything except i have low (36) HDL. is that anything to really worry about? (i am aware of what low HDL can lead to). wont the body's homeostasis naturally bring it up to normal within weeks/months?
36 Hdl isn't too bad I heard of guys going into the single digits on superdrol clones.. In comparison that's pretty good to how it impacts most people..

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Overall, if thats the only thing a little off, then thats pretty awesome.

What was your cycle set up (dosing / weeks) and what did you use for support?

Also, when after the cycle was the blood drawn? after PCT?

Thanks!!

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
Overall, if thats the only thing a little off, then thats pretty awesome.

What was your cycle set up (dosing / weeks) and what did you use for support?

Also, when after the cycle was the blood drawn? after PCT?

Thanks!!
week 1-4 @ 40mg epi
week 4 i added 19 mg superdrol at night
week 5-7 @ 20mg superdrol
week 8 @ 40 mg nolvadex
week 9 @ 30 mg nolvadex
*at the beginning of week 2 i had a horrible estrogen rebound. started lactating for a few days. not sure if it was bad nolva, but i ordered off net. i immediately switched to my rx for nolva. (i was trying to finish off the packets i had left first). so i ran it back up at 40mg*
week 10 @ 40 mg nolva (lactation stopped once i bumped it up. swelling went down too).
week 11 @ 20 mg nolva (2 caps am/pm pct assist, 3 caps LeanXtreme)
week 12 @ 20 mg for a few more days. (2 caps am/pm pct assist, 3 caps LeanXtreme)
week 13 (2 caps am/pm pct assist, 3 caps LeanXtreme)
week 14 *current week*

i got my blood test down week 13.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
You can also continue to run cycle support, somebody on here did blood and it took his numbers back to normal.
Good advice. Cycle Support along with fish oil is a great start. You could also add niacin and Policosinal.