my hdrol cycle / gyno question

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I started my hdrol cycle this past weekend, and so far so good. I have a sneaky feeling that I'm going to be a quick responder to this stuff! I've already gained 2 lbs, and feel little more solid (could be placebo). No real strength gains yet, but I do notice a warming sensation in my neck and chest from time to time. I'll try to keep updating this thread throughout my cycle, but I'm really too lazy to post a lot of details, so don't expect a complete log :loser:

Quick question about gyno - when do most people first notice symptoms of gyno - during cycle, just after cycle, after pct? I semi-understand what usually causes gyno (low test / high estro), but I've read it can just pop up at anytime, even on cycle. What's the norm? For some damn reason, I'm a little paranoid about gyno, even though there's a very low risk with hdrol. I'll be ordering a serm in a few days (haven't decided between torem or nolva), just in case, but plan on just running reversitol for pct...

Thanks guys...

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cycle is coming along pretty well. Gained another pound, 3 in total now (cycle started on Sunday 1-25). Noticed a little more vascularity in my delts last night, and also starting to notice some minor strength gains as well. I'll try getting some pics up soon...

As for sides, the biggest one is sleep disturbances. Seems like I have a harder time falling asleep, and I've been waking up a lot. I also noticed some pretty bad shoulder pain when benching last night. I had to do an extra warm-up set to loosen them up. Pain was right in the joints. I'll try upping the water intake. Still dosing at 50mg, and I was going to jump to 75mg starting week 2 - but I'm playing that by ear.

Bump on the gyno question!

guapitomark

guapitomark

Awards
Quick question about gyno - when do most people first notice symptoms of gyno - during cycle, just after cycle, after pct? I semi-understand what usually causes gyno (low test / high estro), but I've read it can just pop up at anytime, even on cycle. What's the norm? For some damn reason, I'm a little paranoid about gyno, even though there's a very low risk with hdrol. I'll be ordering a serm in a few days (haven't decided between torem or nolva), just in case, but plan on just running reversitol for pct...

Thanks guys...

IMHO, you don't need a SERM for hdrol. I'm in PCT now after a 5 1/2 week cycle and I'm running Reversitol & 11-oxo. In week #3 of PCT, I will take Post Cycle Support by A.I.

About the gyno issue, hrdol is quite mild and most likely won't give you gyno. IMO, gyno usually appears when your dose is too high. I ran hdrol 50/50/75/100/100 and had no problem.

You can check out my log here:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/111528-1st-h-drol.html

Good luck with your cycle!

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
IMHO, you don't need a SERM for hdrol. I'm in PCT now after a 5 1/2 week cycle and I'm running Reversitol & 11-oxo. In week #3 of PCT, I will take Post Cycle Support by A.I.

About the gyno issue, hrdol is quite mild and most likely won't give you gyno. IMO, gyno usually appears when your dose is too high. I ran hdrol 50/50/75/100/100 and had no problem.

You can check out my log here:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/111528-1st-h-drol.html

Good luck with your cycle!
Not to be judgemental but I believe 11-oxo is somewhat supressive and is a very mild PH on its own..may not be the best thing for PCT

Either way, running a SERM is actually cheaper than two OTC products and has tons of scientific backing behind it...but thats just my .02

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright, I went ahead and took a picture - this was taken earlier today, day 6 of my cycle. Yeah, I know - my arms are a joke :biglaugh: but I'll be paying special attention to those over the coming weeks - I'd like to put on another 1.5" or so. I'll also be trying to cut my abs a bit, but I'm not so much into getting a six-pack, so whatever...

I must say, for some reason I feel a little gay posting my pic :gay:

Attachments

nickrut

Awards
  • Established
Good luck with everything man.

Gyno isnt so mcuh of a risk with hdrol so don't stress over it too much.

Just curious...whats your total pCT?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not to be judgemental but I believe 11-oxo is somewhat supressive and is a very mild PH on its own..may not be the best thing for PCT
Understatement there. It is a little suppressive, and depending on dose can be quite suppressive/anabolic, and is a poor choice for pct.

As far as gyno, there is no risk of the halo causing gyno on cycle. There is some slight risk of it in PCT, however that generally happens with significantly suppressive products, and the gyno is caused by the resurge of testosterone which causes a big surge in estrogen

Ironpounder33

Awards
odds of you getting gyno on H-drol are slim to none. Just have a good PCT lined up.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good luck with everything man.

Gyno isnt so mcuh of a risk with hdrol so don't stress over it too much.

Just curious...whats your total pCT?

I'll be using Reversitol for my pct - 3/2/2/1, along with some low dose dhea - and I'm wondering if maybe sustain alpha or something similar might be a good complement to it. Any suggestions?

Did shoulders and back this morning - good solid workout. I can definitely feel the pumps. I'll be bumping to 75mg tomorrow. More to come...

guapitomark

guapitomark

Awards

Either way, running a SERM is actually cheaper than two OTC products and has tons of scientific backing behind it...but thats just my .02

I'm running super low dose - only 2 caps/day instead of the recommended 3. I chose 11-oxo for it's anti-cort effect. It was either that or DHEA.

The SERM may be cheaper, but not as readily availble as otc products. The price isn't as much a factor as is the actual necessity of using the product....but that's my opinion....

nickrut

Awards
  • Established
I'll be using Reversitol for my pct - 3/2/2/1, along with some low dose dhea - and I'm wondering if maybe sustain alpha or something similar might be a good complement to it. Any suggestions?

Did shoulders and back this morning - good solid workout. I can definitely feel the pumps. I'll be bumping to 75mg tomorrow. More to come...

I'd run CEL PCT (or a comparable test booster) assist starting week 3 of PCT at 4/4/4/4. If you hurry up and know a way2buy (;)) you can get it for 30.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm running super low dose - only 2 caps/day instead of the recommended 3. I chose 11-oxo for it's anti-cort effect. It was either that or DHEA.
At that kind of dose there isn't a point to using 11-oxo, you wont get significant cortisol reduction from it either, but you will delay your recovery. Right now lean xtreme is on sale at nutraplanet cheaper than 11-oxo. It will work better for cortisol control, and not slow down your recovery.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just a quick update - not really much to report. I'm up about 4lbs, so the gains have tapered a bit. I bumped up to 75mg this past Sunday, and luckily haven't noticed any more sides. I'm able to sleep a little better than when I first started, but I still wake up more than normal through the night. Guess I'm adjusting.

My damn joints are hurting more, especially my stupid wrists. Bought a better pair of wrist wraps the other day, and they seem to help a little. I got x-rays a number of years ago on them, and the doc said I had small arthritic spurs in there. I used to get cortisone shots in my wrists - talk about wanting to smack someone down :twak:

Stay tuned - week 3 is on its way!!

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ughh - I did chest today, and it wasn't pretty :irked: In fact I didn't even finish my workout - my shoulders just plain out hurt like a mofo when I bench, and my focus just wasn't there today :wtf: After my fourth set, I just said phuk it...

I was in a weird mood all of yesterday, too. Not sure if that's the hdrol or not, but I've been in a lil funk recently.

I really think it's my sleep - it takes me about an hour or more to fall asleep, and then I usually wake up a couple of times a night. If I could just get a good nights sleep, I think it would do a world of good. Might try some melatonin or something.

I haven't gained anymore weight - still just up 4lbs. I really hope this sh1t kicks in soon. If I don't see any further progress after week 3, I may just cut it short.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Finishing up week 3, and it's been a rollercoaster ride, let me tell ya.

Since the end of week 2, I've been struggling with sleep issues. This has been the number one problem I've had. This past Tuesday, I had all but decided to pull the plug on this cycle because I was a total zombie and basically had just been feeling like sh1t for awhile. I was also feeling moody, and felt like I could become the biggest jerk at any moment. But I ended up getting enough sleep that night that I decided to stick with it. The next night, I again had problems sleeping - and was on the fence again. Then last night, I finally got a full night of sleep, and I'm feeling much better - at least for now. I really don't know what to expect anymore with my screwy sleep cycles, but as of now, I'm just playing it by ear. My libido is down, too, but I think it's all tied to a lack of sleep.

I think the sleep problems have also limited my gains, although I'm now up 8 lbs. I think I'd be up more if I could get more sleep. I also had a pretty good chest workout the other day - benched 10x205, 6x225, 4x235. I coulda done more, but didn't want to rush things too much, as my shoulder joints didn't feel all that stable. I'm getting close to some of the weight I used to move in my younger days, so my strength is definitely climbing.

Overall, the sides of hdrol have been more severe than I had anticipated, at least from a sleep perspective. Seems most people on here had great cycles with hdrol. I don't know what I'll try next, but I'm hoping there's something else out there that will be a little more tolerable for me. I've got my eye on 'the one'...

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
how are you dosing it (time wise)

50mg at ~8am, usually with a protein shake or power bar
25mg at lunch (never past 1pm)

I've been pretty true to this schedule the whole cycle, so levels should be fairly steady, right?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, thats a bit odd. some stuff bothers people if they take it later in the day. you could try taking it all in the morning and see if that changes it.

are you taking any liver/cycle support product?

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah, thats a bit odd. some stuff bothers people if they take it later in the day. you could try taking it all in the morning and see if that changes it.

are you taking any liver/cycle support product?

Yup, my supports are:

liv.52 - 1600mg/day
coq10 - 60mg/day
hawthorne - 1000mg/day
niacin - 750mg/day
fish oil - 5000mg/day
taurine - 4000mg/day
dhea - 50mg/day

I dose all of these between breakfast and lunch, although I have been tweaking around with my niacin dosing lately. I also just recently started taking 3mg of melatonin an hour before bed to see if that would help with the sleep. It has seemed to help with at least falling asleep, although it's staying asleep that's the real challenge. Many nights I would wake up like 45 minutes after falling asleep, and start tossing and turning with all sorts of racing thoughts, which makes for a disturbing night for sure - felt like I was going 100mph, but just laying there...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
can you try the Liv52 later in the evening? it might help. thats the only other thing I can think of. the melatonin is good, just try not to stay on it too long. 5 on 2 off is ok for reasonable periods

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No problem - I'll start dosing the liv52 later in the day, and will try taking all 75mg of the hdrol in the morning.

Thanks for the suggestions bro - I'll let you know how it works out! :fingersx:

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm nearing the end of week 4, and I think this is gonna do it for this cycle. I seem to have topped out at 9lbs, which isn't bad at all. I was up 11 the other day, but I was eating like a mule, felt totally bloated and was acting like a little b1tch, so I had to back off.

I did try a couple of things that Easy suggested for my sleeping issues, and there was an improvement (thanks bro!). But I basically feel like I've gotten everything I'm going to out of this cycle. I'm just ready to get some quality sleep in so I don't feel so run down. I was just thinking earlier today that this probably isn't the best time for me to be running a cycle anyway - I get a bad case of the winter blues this time of year, and I think the hdrol might of amplified that a bit.

As for the positives - awesome pumps during workout (especially arms and shoulders), nice strength gains, harder muscles, some increased vascularity. I basically got what I was looking for, but I just didn't have as much fun in the process as I had hoped for. I'll try to get an 'after' pic up soon.

So I'm left with 4 weeks of PCT, which I'll be running Reversitol, which will put me around June before I'll be ready for another go at something else. I'm ready for the 'one' logs to start rolling in - that one's got my attention!

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
How often were you eating during cycle, and what types of food? I ususally feel "bleh" when I hit the gym and don't have the fuel to burn.

Also, did you increase your bench weight significantly? If so, your shoulders may be telling you not to increase too fast.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How often were you eating during cycle, and what types of food? I ususally feel "bleh" when I hit the gym and don't have the fuel to burn.

Also, did you increase your bench weight significantly? If so, your shoulders may be telling you not to increase too fast.

Well, for the most part, my diet consisted of things like tuna, grilled chicken, protein shakes or bars for breakfast, yogurt for between-meal snacks, asparagus, salmon, etc. However, I did eat some junk like pizza a few times on cycle, along with some other not-so-healthy stuff. My diet wasn't perfect by any stretch, but I also don't think it was sh1t, either. For my next run, I'll definitely watch my diet a little closer, as that's definitely a huge part of any cycle.

My bench has gone up some. Matter of fact, today is my last chest day while on cycle, so I'll be testing my strength. Last week, I bumped my last set from 225x4 to 235x4. My PR for single-rep press is 265lbs (been a number of years back), but I'm not sure if I want to try that yet or not. I'd love to pop 275 or even 280, but that'll have to wait. You're right about the shoulders, tho, ever since I've been on cycle, my shoulders have hurt while benching. Hopefully they won't bother me too much today. Squats are up a little too - I haven't maxed lately, but would guess I'd be good at ~305. Never had real powerful legs, but I'm okay with it...

mikeyb123

Awards
  • Established
If your shoulders where hurting when you where benching you probably have the technique wrong. Try and move your elbows away from your head a bit..... so that your arms are not paralel.

I was doing bench wrong for a long time.... when I got to a certain weight my shoulders coundlt take it anymore.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thought I'd resurrect this so-called 'log' with one more entry. I'm now in week 3 of pct, and feel a SH!TLOAD better than I did in week 1. Week 1 of pct just plain out sucked ASS, like total big turd in the mouth-gag me with a turd bullshit sucked!!! Not sure I can put it any other way... The way I felt, I was shut down pretty bad - lethargy, continuing sleep problems, acting like an ass, no libido - thank God that's over with :rant2:

I started out pct on Reversitol at 1 am, 2 pm like the label said. I just couldn't do 3/day. So after the 3rd day on that schedule, I cut it to 1 am / 1 pm. Since then, everyday has been better than the one before - mood is getting back to normal, sleeping much better (although my wife has been sick lately and coughing during the night, which pisses me off :irked:). And the biggest relief has been the return of morning wood!!! Not only morning wood, but I've started chubbing a couple a times throughout the day, too! Too bad the wife's been sick - what a waste of wood :shrug:

I know most people on here belittle Hdrol, and say it's very mild, but it did send me on a crazy ride. The gains were pretty good, and although I've lost a few pounds, I've actually gained some additional strength in pct. I'm pushing 225x10 on the bench now, and the other day popped 260x2. I want so bad to pop 275 for a pr, but my shoulders are still hurting. I know I could do it, but I don't think I want to risk effing up my shoulders :frustrate

Anyway, that should wrap it up for this thread, unless something significant happens while finishing up my pct. Thanks for everyone's input...

nickrut

Awards
  • Established
what was your total gains? Glad you seemingly liked it haha