Prostate Pain / Enlargement

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently on a transdermal cycle of 4ADiol and 19Nordiol (original formulas). I've read previous posts that state you should not supplement finasteride for hair loss while taking 19Nor, as it may actually "cause" hair loss. I never actually read a thorough explaination that explained why this reaction occurs, only that it does.

Anyhow, this cycle I'm experiencing some very uncomfortable pain in my prostate. It is bareable, but not good. Considering I'm in my mid twenties, I really want to throw my finasteride in but am wondering if this has the same "reverse" effect on prostate as well, b/c that would be a disaster.

Thanks.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for the gruesome details, but I should add that I just pissed, flushed, walked away, only to realize there must've been more in the pipe b/c I dribbled an ounce or two all over myself :haha:

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Nope, but c'mon bro. If I'm 26 years old with a painfull prostate and can't control my piss, I don't think a little Saw Palmetto from Wal-Mart will cut it.

bbkhan87

bbkhan87

Awards
Nope, but c'mon bro. If I'm 26 years old with a painfull prostate and can't control my piss, I don't think a little Saw Palmetto from Wal-Mart will cut it.

haha lol thats funny man like the protein they sell too

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
i would suggest that you come off everything to see if it subsides,. At 26 you dont want to be going into hospital for a biospy or any intrusive surgery.Drugs to reduce BPH for which you are too young , can cause impotence. However if you have dribbled it would appear you are not fully emptying your bladder and may have enlarged the prostate which is causing slight blockage.

Again i repeat what i said at the beginning come off everything and see how things go.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
x2. Btw they treat prostate pain in Europe with saw palmetto bro.

Europe is not a country though, its made up of many and as such each one of those countries has its own idea about saw palmetto. Whilest it is sold in health food stores here in the UK , it is not recognised as a form of treatment by the medical profession .who will prescribe drugs .Countries like Germany, France, Italy, for example may have their own take on saw palmetto but if saw palmetto worked as well as claims make out , then in my view it would be licenced and snapped up by one of the drug companies who would make a mint out of it.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
IMO, you would almost have to bath in the 4ad 19 nor to get enough DHT conversion for prostate problems. Not saying it can't happen, maybe you are very prone to it. I never had a problem with it and I used lots of 4ad. I loved it.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies everyone, and yes dg806, I am prone to prostate issues. Grandpa died from prostate cancer which is why I'm trying to control this.

If we could switch back to my original question I would appreciate it. Does anybody have a scientific opinion on finasteride for prostate while on 19Nordiol and 4AD?

Not to be redundant, but there are posts that say not to take finasteride for hairloss while on 19Nordiol b/c it will have a reverse effect.

Does this same issue apply to finasteride's effect on the prostate?

DR D maybe you can shed some light?

boo99

boo99

Awards
Thanks for the replies everyone, and yes dg806, I am prone to prostate issues. Grandpa died from prostate cancer which is why I'm trying to control this.

If we could switch back to my original question I would appreciate it. Does anybody have a scientific opinion on finasteride for prostate while on 19Nordiol and 4AD?

Not to be redundant, but there are posts that say not to take finasteride for hairloss while on 19Nordiol b/c it will have a reverse effect.

Does this same issue apply to finasteride's effect on the prostate?

DR D maybe you can shed some light?

MF210

have you gotten or ever gotten the PSA done to see its level?
im betting you have from what I read of your family history

hope all works out well for you bro

boo

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
My doc says I don't need to yet and knows what I do, along with my family history. I appreciate the comments, but again if anybody can just respond to my original question I would appreciate it.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
My doc says I don't need to yet and knows what I do, along with my family history. I appreciate the comments, but again if anybody can just respond to my original question I would appreciate it.
If you have a doctor who you can confide in , why havent you gone back to him?

boo99

boo99

Awards
agreed

an MD can answer your question safer and advise you to Finasteride prob. better than anyone here

just be totally honest with him about what you are on

I totally confided in mine cause hes cool and hes doing bloodwork on me for my cycle-----

g luck bro

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
We are all guilty of self medicating and no more so when it comes to steroids , and pct .Common ailments like coughs and cold can all be treated by self medication and doctors recognise the fact. But it seems to be a very fine line between what ailments you should see a doctor for and ones that you dont. Each individual seems to set their own boundary but in my view if you are going to come onto a forum and ask advice about something as serious as the prostate with the intention of self medicating then you have crossed that line and theres no telling where it will stop.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Obviously you don't know much about family doctors (Internal Medicinne). They're good at giving advice on the mechanics of the human body, but they don't know there ass from a hole in the ground when you ask them about how finasteride will react to hair loss and prostate enlargement in men while concurrently taking it with nandrolone.

In their eyes, nandrolone is medication typically used by women with breast cancer or osteoporosis. They don't have a ****ing clue with how this compound reacts with finasteride for male hair loss or prostate. People on discussion boards know more than them b/c there are generally chemist mods who study that stuff.

Please don't respond unless you have some rep.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Yes. I'm asking a very specific question that nobody can answer. If you can't answer it, "Don't respond."

If you can, enlighten me. Out of all the responses to my thread, none has answered my question, so please stop bro.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes. I'm asking a very specific question that nobody can answer. If you can't answer it, "Don't respond."

If you can, enlighten me. Out of all the responses to my thread, none has answered my question, so please stop bro.
It has to do with 19nor products converting to DHN (hair friendly). Finasteride (and other 5-ar inhibitors) prevents this from happening thus exacerbating the hair loss. Thats my basic understanding.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Thank you bro, now we're getting somewhere. This is relevant to my question. Do you or anybody else have knowledge how this same concept relates to the prostate?

I'll give you some rep for that.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Obviously you don't know much about family doctors (Internal Medicinne). They're good at giving advice on the mechanics of the human body, but they don't know there ass from a hole in the ground when you ask them about how finasteride will react to hair loss and prostate enlargement in men while concurrently taking it with nandrolone.

In their eyes, nandrolone is medication typically used by women with breast cancer or osteoporosis. They don't have a ****ing clue with how this compound reacts with finasteride for male hair loss or prostate. People on discussion boards know more than them b/c there are generally chemist mods who study that stuff.

Please don't respond unless you have some rep.
I carnt believe you give precedence to advice on this forum over your doctor, I would suggest you dont like your doctor because he tells you what you dont want to hear, On this forum you can pick and choose what you want to take from it.You are assuming that people on AM know more than your doctor who incidentally went to uni and studied medicine for x number of years before qualifying, then was shadowed before he /she was left on their own .

I agree with you in that there are some knowledgeable guys on here and I have spoken to one or two and learnt a lot .

The likely reason why your doctor doesnt know how the compound reacts with nandrolone is because during drug trials this wouldnt have been covered -Why should he when its been licenced to be used by women with breast cancer , and family doctors have to be jack of all trades and master of none.

Your very first sentence in your post illustrates very well the point i was trying to get across and that is you make assumptions about people without anything concrete to back it up.

As for rep power -did you look?

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry you "carn't" believe I value opinions from AM. I am also glad you "learnt" a lot from some of the questions you asked.

Read my previous post dude. It has nothing to do with confiding in my doctor. If I asked that question to my doctor or 90%+ other family doctors, they wouldn't know how to respond.

Don't you read my request! Unless you can answer how the compounds react with each other don't respond.

Bigchourico

Bigchourico

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybee his doctor dosen't have any REP Power..:damnit:

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry you "carn't" believe I value opinions from AM. I am also glad you "learnt" a lot from some of the questions you asked.

Read my previous post dude. It has nothing to do with confiding in my doctor. If I asked that question to my doctor or 90%+ other family doctors, they wouldn't know how to respond.

Don't you read my request! Unless you can answer how the compounds react with each other don't respond.
judging by your tone in these posts not just to me , i think you could be a nasty piece of work .

TENA For Men Level 1
TENA For Men Level 1 is discreet, comfortable and designed especially for men with mild bladder weakness. The pads are reliable, easy to wear and include TENA’s DRY FAST CORE™ and ODOUR CONTROL™ for confidence and discretion.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I do have a tone b/c I asked a very specific question and have requested that replies be limited to my question.

People read these boards to learn, not to waste their time reading meaningless replies from people who don't know the answer to the question.

MF210

MF210

Awards
  • Established
Okay, I rolled the dice and went with my gut and started the finasteride (1.25 mg/ed) about a week ago. I figured if it got worse, I would just stop or end cycle.

I just wanted to let everybody know that it worked. No more pressure b/t the ol' balls and bunghole. Not sure if this will be the case for everybody, but I can attest that finasteride did work well for my while on 19nor and 4ad.