Pissing away Protein shakes...$$$$

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established
I've read around a bit and need to know what any of you think about our huge liquid protein diet and regiment. I know I consume huge amounts of protein and water while on cycle. Now, I piss like 15 to 20 times a day. :sorry:My protein shakes consist of 14 ounces of water and 3 scoops (26grams whey protein w/ bcaa's-per scoop) EAS Protein. That's 69grams a pop and I consume 1 pre and 1 pos workout on top of the enormous intake of other high quality proteins like eggs, cottage cheese, peanut butter ect. The 5lb. bag of protein is $29.00 and it doesn't last but a couple of weeks or so.
I have heard on more than one occasion that with all the water we consume on cycle and the liquid protein just gets pissed out. I sure as hell don't want to waste any of it. It costs too much. :zx11pissed:
Will adding my oats and peanut butter thicken it up enough where I won't be as apt to piss it out? Any tips or tricks? Let me know what you guys and gals think.......

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
you can tell if you're taking in too much protein - your urine becomes cloudy. that is how your body excretes it. if you haven't had that happen, just keep doing what you're doing.

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established
you can tell if you're taking in too much protein - your urine becomes cloudy. that is how your body excretes it. if you haven't had that happen, just keep doing what you're doing.
Is that seriously how you gauge it? Cloudy urine? I drink so much damn water my piss is always clear.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
you can google "cloudy urine" if you'd like. i don't know any other way to track it.

EDIT : that's how they ID diabetes - lack of protein synthesis. if you're way over on your protein intake, you wouldn't be able to synthesize it either.

Hardball

Hardball

Awards
69 grams of protein is way too much pre workout. I would only take about 30 grams of whey isolate or hydrolyzed whey pre and post. Then 45 minutes to an hour after that, eat a high protein, high cal meal.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
69 grams of protein is way too much pre workout. I would only take about 30 grams of whey isolate or hydrolyzed whey pre and post. Then 45 minutes to an hour after that, eat a high protein, high cal meal.
i was just about to edit my post and say that :) the body can't use that much protein at a time.

ffmedic32

ffmedic32

Awards
I generally do 2 scoops of EAS at a time in water and they are 24 grams a scoop. So I am taking 48 grams at a time. Ya'll think that is too much at a time, cant say that I have ever seent the cloudy urine thing. Usually nice and neon from the Animal Pak. LOL

Hardball

Hardball

Awards
I generally do 2 scoops of EAS at a time in water and they are 24 grams a scoop. So I am taking 48 grams at a time. Ya'll think that is too much at a time, cant say that I have ever seent the cloudy urine thing. Usually nice and neon from the Animal Pak. LOL

The most I would take just to maximize, is no more than 35 grams per hour.

thehogsters

thehogsters

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your body can only process about 30g of protien every 2.5 to 3 hrs. I have read that after a work out the body can do 45g but that is also debated.

Your wasting your $$$ man.

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established

yes! Like Minotaur. :toofunny:

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established
Your body can only process about 30g of protien every 2.5 to 3 hrs. I have read that after a work out the body can do 45g but that is also debated.

thank you..

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established

thanks alot man.

Hardball

Hardball

Awards

Depends on the bioavailability. too much protein is better than too little protein. If you are using low quality whey concentrate, I would bump it to 35 grams because your muscles probably won't be able to use every gram.

derker2008

Awards
i agree and have heard the same - no need for more than 35g's of Protein w/in a 3hr period.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Depends on the bioavailability. too much protein is better than too little protein. If you are using low quality whey concentrate, I would bump it to 35 grams because your muscles probably won't be able to use every gram.
Too much protein intake (to the point where your body cannot efficiently metabolize it) puts excessive stress on the kidneys...

UniqueJustin

UniqueJustin

Awards
  • Established
Ahhhh...But This Is Why Steroids Are Good

Yes..The body can digest around 40 grams of protein every 3 hrs......Give or take 5 grams depending on ur body....But...WHen ur on steroids, your able to digest more protein, hence why you can grow...when ur on some sort of "Help" ur body can take it upwards towards 55 grams or protein...Thats an extra 100 grams a day over 7 meals...Weeeoooowwwww....FYI.... And Now U KNow :) I try go get 7 meals at 50 - 60 grams when im on :)

Hardball

Hardball

Awards
Too much protein intake (to the point where your body cannot efficiently metabolize it) puts excessive stress on the kidneys...
that's where water comes into play. I think if you train hard enough your body will utilize most of the protein as long as you space it out about an hour and half before the next shake or meal.

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established
so I'm thinking by what Uniquejustin was saying I'll drink a 40g shake with oats & peanut butter 1 hour pre workout and 1 40g shake 1 hour post. I will be ON Superdrol so I know I will be processing more anyway. So far the info is good. I appreciate it. I want Mooch and Unreal to comment on this sh*t!

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
i agree and have heard the same - no need for more than 35g's of Protein w/in a 3hr period.
So basically your saying its not worth anyone regardless of size consuming more then 280gms of protein in any 24 hr period?

SpanishFork

Awards
i agree and have heard the same - no need for more than 35g's of Protein w/in a [I think it's more like 2]hr period.
35g of whey, I'd add. If you had 35 grams of egg and 35 grams of whey, you could absorb it all, but you'd have to wait 4 hours before eating again. Ditto if you added 35g of casein, but you'd have to wait 6 hours.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
that's where water comes into play. I think if you train hard enough your body will utilize most of the protein as long as you space it out about an hour and half before the next shake or meal.
It doesn't matter how hard you train after a certain point, unless you are on AAS your body cannot efficiently metabolize the protein.

Hardball

Hardball

Awards
so I'm thinking by what Uniquejustin was saying I'll drink a 40g shake with oats & peanut butter 1 hour pre workout and 1 40g shake 1 hour post. I will be ON Superdrol so I know I will be processing more anyway. So far the info is good. I appreciate it. I want Mooch and Unreal to comment on this sh*t!
You do not want to consume any fats pre or post workout (peanut butter).

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

that is what i have read also i take 2 scoops of protein post workout which gives me 40grams so even if i do waste some it's not a whole lot maybe 5 grams worth

chess315

chess315

Awards
science says you can only digest 30 every 2 hours but that is proven to be untrue have you ever seen a 250lb bodybuilder who eats less than 400grams a day no and you wont either.

Hardball

Hardball

Awards
It doesn't matter how hard you train after a certain point, unless you are on AAS your body cannot efficiently metabolize the protein.
I respectfully disagree sir. How hard you train does have an effect how much protein your muscles absorb. So you mean to tell my the pro bodybuilders who take 500 grams of protein a day are wasting their protein? I reckon not. How much your body digests/metabolizes is different than how much your muscles actually use. I can take 300 grams of protein per day and someone who doesn't train could also take 300 grams of protein in a day. Both of our bodies still have to metabolize the protein but obviously my muscles will use more protein than the person who doesn't train. That is why it is said an average person should take in about 70-80 grams of protein a day. It is is also said that someone weight training should take in 1-1.5 grams times your body weight. So someone my weight needs would need 230-350 grams of protein a day. how can you fit that in your day if you are only taking 25-30 grams in every 3 hours???

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
I respectfully disagree sir. How hard you train does have an effect how much protein your muscles absorb. So you mean to tell my the pro bodybuilders who take 500 grams of protein a day are wasting their protein? I reckon not. How much your body digests/metabolizes is different than how much your muscles actually use. I can take 300 grams of protein per day and someone who doesn't train could also take 300 grams of protein in a day. Both of our bodies still have to metabolize the protein but obviously my muscles will use more protein than the person who doesn't train. That is why it is said an average person should take in about 70-80 grams of protein a day. It is is also said that someone weight training should take in 1-1.5 grams times your body weight. So someone my weight needs would need 230-350 grams of protein a day. how can you fit that in your day if you are only taking 25-30 grams in every 3 hours???
As I stated: after a "certain point" training does not matter. Most professional bodybuilders use some sort of anabolics which increase protein metabolism & synthesis, which would allow them to consume more protein. If two people consume 300g protein: one trains, the other does not. The one that trains would have a higher metabolic / synthesis rate (the synthesis is chiefly due to more nuclei that develop in a muscle fiber as training progresses which directly aids in protein synthesis) than the one whom does not train. The one that does not train will not be able to metabolize that amount and it will be passed through the kidneys (increasing stress) and then excreted out of the body. I never said anything about 30g protein every 3 hours nor did I specify a specific amount of protein that will cause excessive stress on the kidneys; however, you would be very surprised at the little amount of protein that top athletes consume compared to bodybuilders. If there were two identical people that trained the same except one consumed X (which would be what he could metabolize) amount of protein and the other consumed X*2 amount of protein; the second one will not gain anymore muscle than the first person. The excess protein will be excreted.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
science says you can only digest 30 every 2 hours but that is proven to be untrue have you ever seen a 250lb bodybuilder who eats less than 400grams a day no and you wont either.
My post above explains why.

SeanyK

Awards
  • Established
very true. most athletes are not after induced anabolism 24/7, ie they're not solely concerned with putting on muscle, unlike bodybuilders. from my own experience and responses from my own body, not textbooks, i can say that during both ON and Off states (on especially), that i can absolutely utilize a 60g protein shake efficiently. am i actually absorbing and metabolizing all 60g? possibly not, but i sure as **** can see and feel the difference compared to having a 30 or 40g shake. more nitrogen retained plain n simple.
another thing to consider is the variety of proteins being used and when. best protein hands down IMO is optimum nutrition procomplex... 60g per 2 scoop serving. perfect blend of fast and slow burn proteins. vanilla is the best base for any shake you want to concoct. power-peanutbutter (which i eat all day long out the ****in jar), banana, flax oil, peanut-butter flavored granola, mocha powder, 1cup vanilla soy milk, 2 ice cubes.... perfection in glass. also my breakfast the last month.

Hardball

Hardball

Awards
Nytroplex GF by prosource is very good too. Comparable to pro complex. Pricey though.

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established
45g 1 hour pre and 45g 1 hour post workout...

So while I'm on Superdrol I will have a 45 gram shake 1 hour pre-workout, lift for an hour, and have my second 45gram shake 1 hour post workout. Sound good? Anyone? Anyone? Beuler? I figure while ON I can utilize this amount.
Cheers guys.......

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
So while I'm on Superdrol I will have a 45 gram shake 1 hour pre-workout, lift for an hour, and have my second 45gram shake 1 hour post workout. Sound good? Anyone? Anyone? Beuler? I figure while ON I can utilize this amount.
Cheers guys.......
That is fine. If you are consuming your pre-workout shake for fuel then you should be aware the the body mainly uses glucose / glycogen to resynthesize ATP after the phosphagen system becomes depleted. Protein contributes to resynthesis of ATP a very small percent.

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established
That is fine. If you are consuming your pre-workout shake for fuel then you should be aware the the body mainly uses glucose / glycogen to resynthesize ATP after the phosphagen system becomes depleted. Protein contributes to resynthesis of ATP a very small percent.

So it would be a good idea to add my carbd (oats) to my shakes right? I plan on doing that for sure.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
So it would be a good idea to add my carbd (oats) to my shakes right? I plan on doing that for sure.
Yes, you should consume carbohydrates early. However, in the event you workout first thing in the morning I would suggest a monosaccharide or disaccharide along with your oats.

MSE

MSE

Awards
I've read around a bit and need to know what any of you think about our huge liquid protein diet and regiment. I know I consume huge amounts of protein and water while on cycle. Now, I piss like 15 to 20 times a day. :sorry:My protein shakes consist of 14 ounces of water and 3 scoops (26grams whey protein w/ bcaa's-per scoop) EAS Protein. That's 69grams a pop and I consume 1 pre and 1 pos workout on top of the enormous intake of other high quality proteins like eggs, cottage cheese, peanut butter ect. The 5lb. bag of protein is $29.00 and it doesn't last but a couple of weeks or so.
I have heard on more than one occasion that with all the water we consume on cycle and the liquid protein just gets pissed out. I sure as hell don't want to waste any of it. It costs too much. :zx11pissed:
Will adding my oats and peanut butter thicken it up enough where I won't be as apt to piss it out? Any tips or tricks? Let me know what you guys and gals think.......
where are you getting a 5LB bag for $29?

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Can't process more than 35g in 3 hours... Sounds like BULLSHIT. I say eat up.

Who the **** are these #s based on? The average 150 pound inactive male? This is stupid... err on the side of excess. Protein is the best type of food you can eat as a bodybuilder. If i followed this bullshit with no more than 30g every 2 hours, I wouldn't be getting much protein and consequently i'd have to jack up carbs and fats to equal the same calories/day. End result is I'd be fat.

Hey MSE, 6 pound bag for 29$ at Costco.

UniqueJustin

UniqueJustin

Awards
  • Established
Eat some carbs

Eat some FOOD, all 3 (P, C, F ), then take an NO product, workout, then take a 50 gram shake and eat healthy...its not hard....my delicious shake is MM Cinnabun (70g)and ON Vanilla Ice Crea(30g)...Pure Deliciousness...Tastes like mothers milk out of the tit :) And Prob just as good Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:fest30:

MSE

MSE

Awards
Can't process more than 35g in 3 hours... Sounds like BULLSHIT. I say eat up.

Who the **** are these #s based on? The average 150 pound inactive male? This is stupid... err on the side of excess. Protein is the best type of food you can eat as a bodybuilder. If i followed this bullshit with no more than 30g every 2 hours, I wouldn't be getting much protein and consequently i'd have to jack up carbs and fats to equal the same calories/day. End result is I'd be fat.

Hey MSE, 6 pound bag for 29$ at Costco.
Thanks Unreal. And I agree, 30 g every 2 hours is ridiculous. ABSOLUTE minimum should be 1 gram per lb of bodyweight, 1.25-1.5 is even better. If I were to only eat 30 grams every 2 hours then I would only be able to consume 360g per day, which is approximately what I would need weighing 235 (1.5g/LB) and by the way that is if I did not sleep or woke up every 2 hours to eat another 30 grams. Bottom line is that everyone is different, shoot for 40-50g of protein per meal spread out between 7-8 meals a day and you should be covered.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
at 30g per 2 hours that's roughly 240g / day and that is more than enough for the avg person.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
at 30g per 2 hours that's roughly 240g / day and that is more than enough for the avg person.

Most of us are way bigger than the average person

And who the **** eats 8 meals a day exactly every 2 hours... I'd do that if I was made out of free time and money.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established

And who the **** eats 8 meals a day exactly every 2 hours... I'd do that if I was made out of free time and money.
You said that was bs.. I simply pointed out that it was more than enough for the average person.

Anyways, believe what you want.. piss away your protein and money down the toilet. I do not care, it doesn't affect me.

angel77

angel77

Awards
  • Established

exactly. What's your shake regiment Unreal?

amicold

Awards
Hey I got a question....why the hell is this in the steroids section?

As for the protein just consume as much as makes you happy. More if you're bulking, less if you're cutting. There's no way to conclusively prove what your body can uptake and utilize and if you do literally piss some away write it off.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mike542 Anabolics 24
Gw44 Anabolics 40
triton185 35 and Older 4
Nutrition / Health 12
REEVESDIESEL General Chat 14