O/T: Man Charged for giving son steroids

mindgame

mindgame

Awards
  • Established
FOXNews.com - Man Charged With Giving Son Steroids for Sports Motivation - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News

GILBERTVILLE, Iowa — A Mason City man has been arrested for giving his teenage son steroids to motivate him about sports.

Todd Gerleman was charged with distributing a controlled substance to a minor.

Authorities say the investigation began after Gerleman's 14-year-old son assaulted his mother at her Gilbertville home on Nov. 19. Officers who responded to the home found a syringe and 105 pills in the boy's bedroom.

Court records show that boy told investigators his father gave him the pills during an earlier weekend visitation. The records also show that Gerleman admitted to giving his son the needle and the pills.

A test at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation showed the pills were an anabolic steroid.

This is why steroids gets a bad rap. man what a fuk up

Prometherion

Prometherion

Awards
:frustrate:

Edit: Seriously.... so much wrong here.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
FOXNews.com - Man Charged With Giving Son Steroids for Sports Motivation - Health News | Current Health News | Medical News

GILBERTVILLE, Iowa — A Mason City man has been arrested for giving his teenage son steroids to motivate him about sports.

Todd Gerleman was charged with distributing a controlled substance to a minor.

Authorities say the investigation began after Gerleman's 14-year-old son assaulted his mother at her Gilbertville home on Nov. 19. Officers who responded to the home found a syringe and 105 pills in the boy's bedroom.

Court records show that boy told investigators his father gave him the pills during an earlier weekend visitation. The records also show that Gerleman admitted to giving his son the needle and the pills.

A test at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation showed the pills were an anabolic steroid.

This is why steroids gets a bad rap. man what a fuk up
This is typical news...it's most likey a twisted, one-sided story by the media. Many of the facts that would lead to this story being "boring" were omitted and only the phrases "boy assaulting mother", the word "steroids", and "father gave steroids to son" were left in to make it shocking (interesting?).

I see no reason to blame 'steroids' for this "news". I think it's more logical to blame idiotic fathers.

papapumpsd

papapumpsd

Awards
  • Established
Come on guys, let's be a bit more skeptical and weary of the lack of facts at hand. NO WHERE did it say the boy actually TOOK (administered) the "steroids". NO WHERE did it claim said steroids were the cause of the assault on the mother. NO WHERE did it comment on the relationship between the mother and the boy. Perhaps the mother was an abusive drunk who beat the boy, who, in turn (the boy), defended himself. NO WHERE did it say the syringe was related to 'steroids'. Perhaps the boy was a diabetic.

It's MEDIA.....

Not to say it's not apalling for a father to give his son "steroids" though. There is inherent malicious intent at hand, no doubt.

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
Come on guys, let's be a bit more skeptical and weary of the lack of facts at hand.
I'd usually agree with you, really, I would, but giving a 14 yr old a huge rush of hormones probably tripped a few wires in his brain. I don't think the media had much 'inflating' to do with this one.

Its just f'd up.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Not to say it's not apalling for a father to give his son "steroids" though.
Bingo....I dont care about one word in that story except for the fact that a father gave his 14 year old son steroids....I have seen this happen more than once, and it will never be acceptable to me...

holy