Anti Depressants and Prohormones -- Safe or not?

swankinrosco

swankinrosco

Awards
I've been searching around, with mixed results, trying to find whether or not it is unsafe to use prohormones (superdrol for me specifically) while taking an antidepressant.

I will be restarting either Wellbutrin or Lexapro in a few weeks, and was concerned that it may inhibit me from being able to do another superdrol cycle.

Any informed input or links to good info are SERIOUSLY appreciated.

Thank you.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
I'm taking Zoloft, I've never had any problems.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
By medical call, its not safe. But neither are steroids by medical call....

It will come down to each person. But if your using an SSRI or such for the inability to stop frowning....it could be a bad combo if you start playing with your hormones.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I second that. Especially with SD. It says on the bottle do not use if you have psychiatric problems, but people do it anyways. If you must run it, then I would recommend getting regular bloodwork, but you should be doing that if you use steroids anyways.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
By medical call, its not safe. But neither are steroids by medical call....

It will come down to each person. But if your using an SSRI or such for the inability to stop frowning....it could be a bad combo if you start playing with your hormones.
My good sir, I would venture to say that there isn't any "safe" drug...

but, I'm just here to screw with you :lol:

864gnohp

864gnohp

Awards
First, stay away from Lexapro if you can. That stuff is really hard to come off of, especially if you have to function like a normal human being on a daily/hourly basis. My GF has been on it for a year now and tried to stop taking it a couple of times but the withdrawal was pretty debilitating, making work almost impossible. Do a Google search on its withdrawal...a lot of good info out there.

Welbutrin on the other hand, I really liked the stuff on cycle. Hell, I have been reluctant to do a second cycle because I am not on it anymore (no health insurance atm). Increased libido, quit chewing, increased concentration (why I was on it), and mood stabilization; it was a wonder drug for me but again I wasn't on for depression. If you have psychological problems in the first place, messing with your hormones might be a bad idea depending upon the depth of your problem.

Let me say this a second time, STAY AWAY FROM LEXAPRO if you can!

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Seriously speaking, lexapro has a high side effect profile and unless you have a depressive form of psychosis it should be avoided as well as SSRI's of all types. What does work for depression and has anabolic properties as well is DHEA, it takes a little longer to work, is mildly suppresive, but at 25 mgs sublingual dly works. I think its wise to avoid combining psych meds and designers.

swankinrosco

swankinrosco

Awards
thanks for the input guys, keep them coming.

i've done stints of lexapro/celexa for 4-6 months at a time. i never seem to take my anti depressants for longer than that, because once i start feeling good, i don't want to take them any longer.

also, i have terrible terrible terrible terrible terrible libido effects from lexapro/celexa......

keep it coming!

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
the libido problems are supposed to be non existent with wellbutrin. I just started it last week, nothing yet.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I've been on Effexor for 4 years (virtually impossible to wean off) and havent had any problems with anabolics. What you need to watch for are MAOI's, these can be dangerous when mixed even with certain foods like cheese. SSRI's shouldnt be a problem whatsover. Now, I will say that if you have severe depression or mental issues, than stay away from anabolics because they can intensive a condition, especially during the PCT phase.

ibanezman08

ibanezman08

Awards
  • Established
well, on s-drol and trenadrol (separately and also when i stacked the two) i felt very depressed at times when running them.
def. something to do with my hormones. and i'm not the only one.

IMO, if you're a mentally unstable person, you should stay the freak away from pro-hormones. not saying people who take anti depressants are mentally unstable at all please don't get me wrong. just stating my opinion.

and i never get depressed either so it def. had something to do with the ph's.

swankinrosco

swankinrosco

Awards
well, on s-drol and trenadrol (separately and also when i stacked the two) i felt very depressed at times when running them.
def. something to do with my hormones. and i'm not the only one.

IMO, if you're a mentally unstable person, you should stay the freak away from pro-hormones. not saying people who take anti depressants are mentally unstable at all please don't get me wrong. just stating my opinion.

and i never get depressed either so it def. had something to do with the ph's.

yeah i just have mild depression, it's nothing major, very very minor even, but it has noticeable effects on me in some ways, which is why i'm going to try out wellbutrin. but i'm not a bipolar basket case. most people i interact with probably have no clue (even when i'm not on anti's, which is most of the time)....

as for hormones causing increased depressive symptoms.. holy **** i noticed this during my PCT just a few (3-4) weeks ago.

nothing i couldn't handle, but i had to sit myself down and say "you know this is just the chemicals in your body making you feel this way, it is NOT RATIONAL" etc..

lol.

anyhow, thanks for the input all, i feel pretty good about trying a 2nd SD cycle after i've gotten a month on the wellbutrin under my belt

fyi-- wellbutrin = bupropion.

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't gamble on it. When you come off cycle could be disastrous.

inmymind801

inmymind801

Awards
hell no. you're depressed and you wana take SD, which is a lethyargy/shutdown cap? are you outta ur mind?

swankinrosco

swankinrosco

Awards
hell no. you're depressed and you wana take SD, which is a lethyargy/shutdown cap? are you outta ur mind?

please don't troll here.

i've already done SD while NOT on the anti depressants. my depression is like a 2 or 3 out of 10, coming off the SD i spiked to a 6 or 8 some days, but was well aware of the cause being chemical.

the question and topic of this post is whether or not there is a safety issue in terms of the two compounds having a bad interaction in my body.

Dazl1212

Awards
Yeah im on Citalopram for anxiety and was considering it but having thought of it I aint to sure if its a good idea. Maybe if you increase you anti depresant dosage post cycle you may be ok. Im gonna look into natural alternatives like jungle warefare or t-drive.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Take Vitamin D during PCT for a boost in your mood. It's also good to take some during the winter months to help with those blues.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I would be popping 3 grams of Phenibut a day coming into PCT if I had depression issues. That stuff dang near makes me feel amazing in a high enough dose...

And to Ozark. I agree no drug is safe, but some combination's are 'safer' than others.

OOOOOOOOOOO NEW SMILYS:twak::ninja:

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Okay, I'm on Lamictal and Abilify for bi-polar II. So technically I am mentally unstable. :fing02: I ran a cycle of epi, and felt great, and during PCT felt like **** emotionally, but not to where I lost it or anything. I'd give the depression a 4-5 out of ten. I ran a three weeker of SD at 10mgs, and PCT was about the same. Oh, I wasn't on the Abilify for either cycle.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Okay, I'm on Lamictal and Abilify for bi-polar II. So technically I am mentally unstable. :fing02: I ran a cycle of epi, and felt great, and during PCT felt like **** emotionally, but not to where I lost it or anything. I'd give the depression a 4-5 out of ten. I ran a three weeker of SD at 10mgs, and PCT was about the same. Oh, I wasn't on the Abilify for either cycle.
During your PCT did you feel crappy like all the time or was it up and down?

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
During your PCT did you feel crappy like all the time or was it up and down?
On cycle I was way up, and PCT way down, just like how my normal cycling(bipolar cycling, I would be cool for a month or two, then get super depressed/anxiety attacks for a week or two.) used to be before the meds.

During PCT the depression got slowly worse, then slowly better. I also seem to get more aggressive than most people when on. That has to do with the bipolar for sure, all that excess energy from being on has to go somewhere, and excess energy always makes me more aggressive/irritable.

I would never cycle without being on the lamictal, not that I'm ever going to stop taking it.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Oh ok, good to know. I'm not bipolar, but just started taking wellbutrin for depression and have been planning out my epi run like forever and a half, I think I'll be fine. I don't get too depressed right now, my main problem is how tired I am and how my motivation has been sapped significantly, but not so much depressing thoughs/moods. I'll do a log when I run it and try to post on how it effects my mood...

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Oh ok, good to know. I'm not bipolar, but just started taking wellbutrin for depression and have been planning out my epi run like forever and a half, I think I'll be fine. I don't get too depressed right now, my main problem is how tired I am and how my motivation has been sapped significantly, but not so much depressing thoughs/moods. I'll do a log when I run it and try to post on how it effects my mood...
I checked the half-life of webutrin, but it's one of those wacky ones like my lamictal that have multiple half-lives. Here's a good link for an overview, if you haven't read up too much on it:http://www.crazymeds.us/wellbutrin.html

I was going to say that you could experiment with raising the doseage during PCT if you get drepressed.( I am not a doc, i've just had experience with a lot of meds, don't take my advice on messing with your dosages on your own, it's dangerous.) BUUUUT, only if you like messing with your brain chemistry. with it's weird half lives, I doubt that you'd get much out of raising the dose for only a month, the enhanced effects would not likely show up until the last week or so.

wish you well.

Ironpounder33

Awards
I cycled while on ADs, no prob.

Being on cycle can get u run down and make you feel a lil shitty but you get over it so long as you keep reminding yourself its just because you're on cycle.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
I checked the half-life of webutrin, but it's one of those wacky ones like my lamictal that have multiple half-lives. Here's a good link for an overview, if you haven't read up too much on it:http://www.crazymeds.us/wellbutrin.html

I was going to say that you could experiment with raising the doseage during PCT if you get drepressed.( I am not a doc, i've just had experience with a lot of meds, don't take my advice on messing with your dosages on your own, it's dangerous.) BUUUUT, only if you like messing with your brain chemistry. with it's weird half lives, I doubt that you'd get much out of raising the dose for only a month, the enhanced effects would not likely show up until the last week or so.

wish you well.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. I doubt I'd mess with the dosages, I'd rather just ride it out.

Brother

Brother

Awards
Man I hated Welbutrin, I was going through a divorce and very down. Read the side effcets for sure and watch close. I had whats called freight train seiuzures and it didnt help my mood at all. I took it for one month and it took about 6 months to stop. Hope it works out for you. I decided to take the more wholistic approach and sure am glad I did. SAMe, Phenibut, GABBA and I like IGF2 alot as well. Good dose of Rhodiola Rosea really brings me up. long walks on the beach for alone time too....seriously man listen to your body , good sleep and exercise. Good luck with the PH's too.

nparisi

nparisi

Awards
  • Established
Man I hated Welbutrin, I was going through a divorce and very down. Read the side effcets for sure and watch close. I had whats called freight train seiuzures and it didnt help my mood at all. I took it for one month and it took about 6 months to stop. Hope it works out for you. I decided to take the more wholistic approach and sure am glad I did. SAMe, Phenibut, GABBA and I like IGF2 alot as well. Good dose of Rhodiola Rosea really brings me up. long walks on the beach for alone time too....seriously man listen to your body , good sleep and exercise. Good luck with the PH's too.
Thanks. I have been on it for 2-2 1/2 weeks and I've had no side effects except mild drymouth. I've tried Rhodiola, bacopa, 5-htp...I was off anti-depressants for a couple years and things just slowly got worse so I had to do something, there's no way I'll survive this semester if my energy levels don't improve....Sorry to hear you had such a bad side effect...