upped my test-E dosage... heart palpitations?

orangutan

orangutan

Banned
Awards
i upped the dosage from 500 to 750mg a week... i seem to be having more than normal heart palpitations/flutters. u guys notice anything?
results have been great so far

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
thats not good.. do you have this problem off cycle? if you have a preexisting heart problem aas can make it worse.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
i upped the dosage from 500 to 750mg a week... i seem to be having more than normal heart palpitations/flutters. u guys notice anything?
results have been great so far

do you normally have heart palpitations...this is not good...

honda450

honda450

Awards
I would be trippin balls if my heart started to act up.. I am already a sketchbag when I get heartburn and sometimes I can barely eat french fries without thinking I am going to die.. probably anxiety though..

I would def. look into it??? your heart isn't something you wanna mess with or it will pwn you.. :/

Kraker

Kraker

Awards
  • Established
My buddy at an old unit started having these problems any time he was resting or sitting still for a certain period of time. He also had High BP so they might be related, might be something you want to get checked asap. Are your injections spread out correctly and evenly?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I would discontinue the cycle and go see my doc, also have some bloodwork done and my bp checked. Be safe

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
yeah, how's your blood pressure/cholesterol right now? have you had palpitations before ever touching a steroid? are you SURE these are real palpitations and not just anxiety trips? Hell, don't answer these questions to us, tell your doctor, asap.

orangutan

orangutan

Banned
Awards
i have a history of anxiety/panic attacks, im also a hypocondriac. put it this way, ive gone to the hospital for smoking weed before..thats how bad it can be.
when it happens, i lose my breath real quick and my adrenaline spikes. then i feel my heart beat super fast for like 2 secs then it stops and goes back to normal. ive had test done before and everything was fine... i think i may just sense things that people dont normally sense

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
i have a history of anxiety/panic attacks, im also a hypocondriac. put it this way, ive gone to the hospital for smoking weed before..thats how bad it can be.
when it happens, i lose my breath real quick and my adrenaline spikes. then i feel my heart beat super fast for like 2 secs then it stops and goes back to normal. ive had test done before and everything was fine... i think i may just sense things that people dont normally sense

I get anxiety too and can on rare occasions have anxiety attacks that are that bad, to where I've gone to the hospital twice just to be sure it wasn't a heart related emergency. Like you, weed can sometimes trigger them that strongly for me. So in your case I can see where you might hesitate to see a doc about it, but if it's occuring regularly I still would, just to be safe. What I'm about to say next isn't to be taken as legitimate medical advice, but:
the first time I ever had an anxiety attack that bad to where I felt numb and was having what I thought was heart palpitations, etc, etc I went to the hospital and my ekg was fine, etc. The doctor told me that in the future if I ever have anxiety like that again, if it lasts 30 minutes he wanted me to always go to the E.R. no matter what. And I have once or twice since only to find out it was nothing, feeling better by the time someone finally sees me. Better safe than dead though. For someone like me, even though it's all supposedly in our minds or a psychosomatic reaction to whatever triggers it for us, it is still enough of an issue to give us no excuse whatsoever when it comes to getting blood work done and getting regular BP checks while on cycle. Everyone is supposed to do it and few do, but I feel that people who have strong physical reactions to anxiety can't afford the luxury of being lazy or apathetic about it. On a side note, when I was on test my general sense of well being was so strong that I would have been shocked to have actually had an anxiety attack, and I wasn't any more prone to them during pct like some people say you can be.

WeightShift

WeightShift

Awards
  • Established
I've gotta give you props for being real. No bullshit, you just put it out on the table.

I'm with NW. It is understandable that you are hesitant, but if this is recurring, then you should definitely see a doctor. A little blood work and blood pressure test can go a long ways towards bodily confidence.

disgraziato

Awards
I have these too, and I too only really notice them while at rest. Probably because your too busy to notice it when ur busy...Doesn't cause any symptoms whatsoever, its just annoying....will ask Dr about it next appt though.

meridian

Awards
it's anxiety. test raises red blood cells ans that causes panic attacks in some. I would have some anti anxiety medications on hand just in case.

orangutan

orangutan

Banned
Awards
Test seems to be a double edged sword for some... the strength and increased sex drive is nice. but the sense of "well being" that some people get, converts to elevated anxiety in others.

kinda like some people relax with weed, then some it just freaks out

TobyJ

Awards
Go see a doctor, preferably a cardiologist. It sounds like PAC's, or premature atrial contractions. Your atria fires an extra beat...that's the 'fast' or double beat you feel, then a pause, then a really hard couple of beats, which is the ventricals clearing the extra blood that built up. I had these, that ended up turning into atrial fibrillation...a much longer story.

Despite having used steroids and DS's in the past, I don't think either played much of a role in my heart problems. I've researched the conditions extensively, and never found anything to connect the two. I do think that body builders and other athletes will have these issues more than the general population. From what I've read, inflamation can be a contributor, as can increased heart rate variability.

Back to my point, get to a cardiologist, and get a 24 hr holter monitor...its about the size of a pack of cigs, and it records heart beats for 24 hours. Hopefully, they'll catch the missed beats, so you'll know what's going on. PAC's are really common, and afib is becoming more recognized...neither are the end of the world, but you need to know what is going on.

Toby

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
it's anxiety. test raises red blood cells ans that causes panic attacks in some. I would have some anti anxiety medications on hand just in case.
I agree. I remember getting bad anxiety on Test. Check your BP and make sure its not through the roof. I doubt its anything serious other than some anxiety, BUT, go get checked out just to be sure, and tell them you are on Test.