Toco-8 & HPTA help

disgraziato

Awards
Will be running toco-8 soon as an adjunct to non-aromatizing AAS (Deca). I must say, I thoroughly researched vitamin E and its several forms, and everything in their product description of toco-8 is accurate and to the point...no fluff.One more thing that they don't even mention, is that in clinical medical studies, both in vitro and in vivo, gamma-tocotrienol specifically, demonstrated the most inhibitory effects on cholesterol synthesis in the liver, an almost 30-fold to that of the other 3 tocotrienols. Well, if you look on your toco-8 label, gamma-tocotrienol is the most abundant toco in the product...props to Primordial definitely on this....great job, can't wait to try and log.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Got a link to the studies on toco and hpta?

I haven't had the chance to see it

SeanyK

Awards
  • Established
may have to throw this into my current arsenal of supports. just curious, if cholesterol synthesis is inhibited, what's gonna happen to your HDL levels. this sounds like furaz in the way that it may lower LDL but simultaneously HDL for a total reduction of levels (not great). and forgive me if this seems like a stupid question

disgraziato

Awards
Got a link to the studies on toco and hpta?

I haven't had the chance to see it
I've come across several studies, but this write up is short and sweet...toco's are such potent anti-oxidants they're so overlooked sadly...

American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol 53, 1021S-1026S, Copyright © 1991 by The American Society for Clinical Nutrition, Inc

ORIGINAL RESEARCH COMMUNICATIONS
Lowering of serum cholesterol in hypercholesterolemic humans by tocotrienols (palmvitee)

AA Qureshi, N Qureshi, JJ Wright, Z Shen, G Kramer, A Gapor, YH Chong, G DeWitt, A Ong and DM Peterson
Advanced Medical Research, Madison, WI 53719.

A double-blind, crossover, 8-wk study was conducted to compare effects of the tocotrienol-enriched fraction of palm oil (200 mg palmvitee capsules/day) with those of 300 mg corn oil/d on serum lipids of hypercholesterolemic human subjects (serum cholesterol 6.21-8.02 mmol/L). Concentrations of serum total cholesterol (-15%), LDL cholesterol (-8%), Apo B (-10%), thromboxane (-25%), platelet factor 4 (-16%), and glucose (-12%) decreased significantly only in the 15 subjects given palmvitee during the initial 4 wk. The crossover confirmed these actions of palmvitee. There was a carry over effect of palmvitee. Serum cholesterol concentrations of seven hypercholesterolemic subjects (greater than 7.84 mmol/L) decreased 31% during a 4-wk period in which they were given 200 mg gamma- tocotrienol/d. This indicates that gamma-tocotrienol may be the most potent cholesterol inhibitor in palmvitee capsules. The results of this pilot study are very encouraging.

As far as affecting high density lipo-proteins, it affects it positively, so in other words it improves total cholesterol profile, >HDL and <LDL...so important for AAS use which phuks up lipid profiles.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I've come across several studies, but this write up is short and sweet...toco's are such potent anti-oxidants they're so overlooked sadly...

American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol 53, 1021S-1026S, Copyright © 1991 by The American Society for Clinical Nutrition, Inc

Lowering of serum cholesterol in hypercholesterolemic humans by tocotrienols (palmvitee)

AA Qureshi, N Qureshi, JJ Wright, Z Shen, G Kramer, A Gapor, YH Chong, G DeWitt, A Ong and DM Peterson

A double-blind, crossover, 8-wk study was conducted to compare effects of the tocotrienol-enriched fraction of palm oil (200 mg palmvitee capsules/day) with those of 300 mg corn oil/d on serum lipids of hypercholesterolemic human subjects (serum cholesterol 6.21-8.02 mmol/L). Concentrations of serum total cholesterol (-15%), LDL cholesterol (-8%), Apo B (-10%), thromboxane (-25%), platelet factor 4 (-16%), and glucose (-12%) decreased significantly only in the 15 subjects given palmvitee during the initial 4 wk. The crossover confirmed these actions of palmvitee. There was a carry over effect of palmvitee. Serum cholesterol concentrations of seven hypercholesterolemic subjects (greater than 7.84 mmol/L) decreased 31% during a 4-wk period in which they were given 200 mg gamma- tocotrienol/d. This indicates that gamma-tocotrienol may be the most potent cholesterol inhibitor in palmvitee capsules. The results of this pilot study are very encouraging.

As far as affecting high density lipo-proteins, it affects it positively, so in other words it improves total cholesterol profile, >HDL and <LDL...so important for AAS use which phuks up lipid profiles.
Reps owed
Good post. I intend to run some lipid panels before and after 6wks of toco when ever I get extra funds to purchase it...

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Will be running toco-8 soon as an adjunct to non-aromatizing AAS (Deca). I must say, I thoroughly researched vitamin E and its several forms, and everything in their product description of toco-8 is accurate and to the point...no fluff.One more thing that they don't even mention, is that in clinical medical studies, both in vitro and in vivo, gamma-tocotrienol specifically, demonstrated the most inhibitory effects on cholesterol synthesis in the liver, an almost 30-fold to that of the other 3 tocotrienols. Well, if you look on your toco-8 label, gamma-tocotrienol is the most abundant toco in the product...props to Primordial definitely on this....great job, can't wait to try and log.
I agree Toco-8 is a great product, on its own merits;but ,if you want to maximze its benefits a guy should use the other 2 components for at least 30 days

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Great find, reps.

disgraziato

Awards
Thanks guys..hey hardknock...let us know what those before and after lipid panles were...I'd be very interested.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys..hey hardknock...let us know what those before and after lipid panles were...I'd be very interested.
Yeah, i def will...it's going to take me some time before i buy this though; i have my eyes on another tidbit first, then this...so' probably 4-5 weeks out yet.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SatishOG Cycle Logs 9
Hypnotic traveling Nutrition / Health 47
Dominus Anabolics 7
Malbranque Supplements 6
Avengeme Anabolics 4