the pros cycles compared to ours...

orangutan

orangutan

Banned
Awards
do pros do all the same types of cycles we do? is there any bodybuilders that have actually came out and talked about what they use? i would have to imagine that most are on some type of test all the time, like enanthate or something

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
They take the same things that the everyday bb does they just stay on year round and have much better genetics. Basically in there world there is no such thing as a "cycle" the way we view it. Their cycle is them switching from test, deca to test and masteron

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
agreed, they generaly just switch compounds to keep the gains coming, the doses of test also go up and down as contest time approaches. i know some pros tho cruise and blast like myself but this method allows for some decline in the physique as a result of lower levels of androgens for a period of say 6 weeks. i know a high ranking competitor who blasts and cruises and his cruise is actualy this.

300 enan
200 deca
10mg dbol.

thats a cycle for some haha.

heavyiron

heavyiron

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
High dose test is a staple of top level guys. I have seen some cycles that are moderate and some extreme. The switching of compounds is frequent and of course GH and slin are part of the equation.
The amount of misinformation is rampant about these cycles. Most moderate dose cycles that are published are complete garbage. The doses used are much higher then usually published.
The drugs are not what gets these guys where they are. They train with incredible intensity and have their nutrition and recovery dialed in. Drugs are just the final piece of the puzzle. Genetics plays a role as well.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
High dose test is a staple of top level guys. I have seen some cycles that are moderate and some extreme. The switching of compounds is frequent and of course GH and slin are part of the equation.
The amount of misinformation is rampant about these cycles. Most moderate dose cycles that are published are complete garbage. The doses used are much higher then usually published.
The drugs are not what gets these guys where they are. They train with incredible intensity and have their nutrition and recovery dialed in. Drugs are just the final piece of the puzzle. Genetics plays a role as well.
Agreed. Though it is impossible to deny that drugs are the rate-limiting step. This is evidenced by natural competitors [elite-level] having their training and recovery as dialed in, if not more so, and not achieving the same monstrous physiques.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I am best friends and business partners with an IFBB Pro who won 5 pro shows....I trained with him for shows like the Arnold and the Olympia...I know what he took, and I literally have every log book from every show he did in my basement....

He took less than some of the cycles I see posted on this board every day. NEVER did he take mega doses of anything. Clen would be the only thing I ever saw him take where it was on the high end of what I would recommend.

There are some people who are just hyper responders...they can take half or a third of what the rest of us take and grow like they were taking triple what we are taking...its truly very much genetic.

holy

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
On the other hand, I also knew Craig Titus very well....and lets just say he took more than a little anabolics.

holy

paladin

paladin

Awards
From there ongoing cycle would the testicular shutdown be so great they cannot battle it? And is not possible for them to have children once they retire?

Sorry for these questions. I'm just wondering if their superior genetics can withstand the constant beating.

nephilim666

nephilim666

Awards
  • Established
i kno a few guys including myself who have had kids after long term steady use. hell, coleman even has 2 kids.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
From there ongoing cycle would the testicular shutdown be so great they cannot battle it? And is not possible for them to have children once they retire?

Sorry for these questions. I'm just wondering if their superior genetics can withstand the constant beating.
The pro I speak of did not partake in "ongoing" cycles....

holy

paladin

paladin

Awards
nephilim666 when you say long term cycles can you give me about how long you are speaking? And do you use anything on cycle to prevent suppression/shutdown?

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
I am best friends and business partners with an IFBB Pro who won 5 pro shows....I trained with him for shows like the Arnold and the Olympia...I know what he took, and I literally have every log book from every show he did in my basement....

He took less than some of the cycles I see posted on this board every day. NEVER did he take mega doses of anything. Clen would be the only thing I ever saw him take where it was on the high end of what I would recommend.

There are some people who are just hyper responders...they can take half or a third of what the rest of us take and grow like they were taking triple what we are taking...its truly very much genetic.

holy
Thank God there is somebody here telling like it is. You have to be careful not to overgeneralize because I am sure there are guys using high dose never ending cycles but those guys don't last very long in the sport. The guys who you see year after year are smart about there usage and often have someone "coaching" them to help them get the most out of their cycles with the least amount of damage. Some people like to think that higher doses and more drugs always equals bigger gains. Two of the biggest things that separate pros from non-pros are genetics and consistency/patience.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
nephilim666 when you say long term cycles can you give me about how long you are speaking? And do you use anything on cycle to prevent suppression/shutdown?
if your on steroids you are going to be "shut down"...there is no avoiding it...thats waht a pct is for...hcg is useful but only positively impacts 1/3 of hpta...