B5

  1. NE1
    Guest
    NE1's Avatar

    B5


    Anyone know aa cheap (the cheapest) place to get B5 in either caps or powder? Gonna give this a try before moving on to accutane. Or do you guys think it would be better/cheaper to get a script for accutane...i believe this would cost me around $20-$30 for the visit and script.

  2. Professional Member
    size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,232
    Rep Power
    2270
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    93.31%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    GNC.....actually it is really cheap there
  3. NE1
    Guest
    NE1's Avatar

    The cheapest I have found so far is allstarhealth;
    Twinlab 200-500mg caps for $12.47 if anyone else is interested.
    .....or....
    Twinlab 100-500mg caps for $5.75.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    juststarting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    197
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    21.94%

    Has anyone herd of using B6 for acne. If you read the health notes that anyvitamin shop has it ranks B6 over B5 for acne fighting capabilitites.
  5. New Member
    goes4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    41
    Posts
    366
    Rep Power
    327
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    7.37%

    I get mine at puritanpride.com they always run sales like buy 1 get two free, cheap prices and fast shipping
  6. New Member
    Jones111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    31.71%

    GNC; I could swear that there's is the only B5 that works--I tried other brands, but when I go one teh GNC one (at about 4 grams per day) my acne disapears 100%.

    9.99 for 100 of .5g caps. Not too horrible a price-shocking for gnc.
  7. Banned
    Jedi Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    65.1%

    Originally posted by NE1
    Anyone know aa cheap (the cheapest) place to get B5 in either caps or powder? Gonna give this a try before moving on to accutane. Or do you guys think it would be better/cheaper to get a script for accutane...i believe this would cost me around $20-$30 for the visit and script.
    1fast400 sells b5 powder by now foods. its way cheaper than capsules, and you can measure out your dose accordingly. By week 3 or 4 it should stop oil production almost completely, and it gives your skin a nice tone.
  8. New Member
    Jones111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    31.71%

    i am begging to have less trust for 1fast's powders, the 'alcar' I ordered from them was NOT alcar
  9. Banned
    Jedi Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    87
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    65.1%

    Originally posted by Jones111
    i am begging to have less trust for 1fast's powders, the 'alcar' I ordered from them was NOT alcar
    It is manufactured by now foods you skinny bastard. I dont think anyone has complained about the purity of mikes products..
  10. New Member
    Jones111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    153
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    31.71%

    Well then call me #1. He sold it, and it was garbage. Also, I am not skinny.
  11. New Member
    Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    256
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    35.42%

    I just ordered a few bottles of b5 from 1fast, hoping to clear up my back/shoulders/chest, I've had acne on them since I was about 15 years old and now its just trying to piss me off. I hate taking my shirt off infront of anybody beccause of my skin.
  12. New Member
    juststarting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    197
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    21.94%

    Originally posted by Bryan
    I just ordered a few bottles of b5 from 1fast, hoping to clear up my back/shoulders/chest, I've had acne on them since I was about 15 years old and now its just trying to piss me off. I hate taking my shirt off infront of anybody beccause of my skin.

    Well after you recieve it and start using it give us an update on how well that worked out for you.
  13. New Member
    Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    256
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    35.42%

    Basically the cause of acne is a defect or deficiency in a person's metabolism of lipids (fats) which occurs due to a lack of coenzyme-A in the body. Coenzyme-A is made of ATP (energy), cysteine, and pantothenic acid. Of these 3, pantothenic acid is the only one which is a vitamin and must be supplied through the diet. The other 2 are produced by the body. So if you supplement with pantothenic acid you create more Coenzyme-A in your body and your fats get metabolized. A lack of Coenzyme-A in the body means that fats don't get broken down. Instead, they get deposited in your sebaceous (oil) glands and get secreted as sebum (oil). Oil is a fat in liquid form. You get acne because the acne bacteria (Propionibacterium acne) in your pores feeds on this excess oil
  14. New Member
    Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    256
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    35.42%

    just received my package from 1fast400. I'm going to use the b5 like this:

    first 3 days I'll load at 10g/day
    Next 4 days I'll go with 5g/day
    then run a maintence of 2-3g/day
  15. Professional Member
    size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,232
    Rep Power
    2270
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    93.31%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I think excessive amounts of b5 is a waste. it is a water soluble vitamin so taking large dosages at once simply means you are going to excrete a fair amount in urine.

    If you choose to take the large dosages, space them out as best as you can.
  16. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    1017
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    46.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Originally posted by size
    I think excessive amounts of b5 is a waste. it is a water soluble vitamin so taking large dosages at once simply means you are going to excrete a fair amount in urine.

    If you choose to take the large dosages, space them out as best as you can.
    I have read for optimal results... you start with 10grams/day for 3-4 weeks (more if acne is worse) and then 3-5 grams/day for maintenance.


    ---
    Aaron
  17. New Member
    Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    256
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    35.42%

    I split the doses up into 2.5g 4xday
  18. Professional Member
    size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,232
    Rep Power
    2270
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    93.31%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Do you believe everything you read?

    I am 6'3' and 300lbs at 5%BF.
  19. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    1017
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    46.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Originally posted by size
    Do you believe everything you read?
    When what I read comes from multiple sources and people whose opinion (read: experience) I value AND when I can't experience something for myself? Yes, yes I do.

    Don't be an ass.

    A
  20. Professional Member
    size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,232
    Rep Power
    2270
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    93.31%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Originally posted by houseman
    When what I read comes from multiple sources and people whose opinion (read: experience) I value AND when I can't experience something for myself? Yes, yes I do.
    Don't be an ass.
    A

    Do as you see fit. I was trying to save you money.
  21. New Member
    Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    256
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    35.42%

    I too have seen 10g over the course of a day used for 1-2 weeks as a type of loading phase, but thats only for extreme acne.
  22. Board Supporter
    houseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,706
    Rep Power
    1017
    Level
    32
    Lv. Percent
    46.78%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Originally posted by size



    Do as you see fit. I was trying to save you money.
    You're right. It can be an expensive route to take.

    A
  23. Board Sponsor
    bigpetefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    3,685
    Rep Power
    2019
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    39.22%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Originally posted by Jedi Master


    It is manufactured by now foods you skinny bastard. I dont think anyone has complained about the purity of mikes products..
    That wasn't necessary..
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Topical B5 for acne
    By Poobah in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 09:13 AM
  2. b5 for acne didn't work for me :(
    By pharaohf4 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 07:28 PM
  3. b5 doses?
    By pharaohf4 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 05:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in