B5

NE1

Anyone know aa cheap (the cheapest) place to get B5 in either caps or powder? Gonna give this a try before moving on to accutane. Or do you guys think it would be better/cheaper to get a script for accutane...i believe this would cost me around $20-$30 for the visit and script.

NE1

The cheapest I have found so far is allstarhealth;
Twinlab 200-500mg caps for $12.47 if anyone else is interested.
.....or....
Twinlab 100-500mg caps for $5.75.

juststarting

Awards
Has anyone herd of using B6 for acne. If you read the health notes that anyvitamin shop has it ranks B6 over B5 for acne fighting capabilitites.

goes4ever

Awards
  • Established
I get mine at puritanpride.com they always run sales like buy 1 get two free, cheap prices and fast shipping

Jones111

Awards
GNC; I could swear that there's is the only B5 that works--I tried other brands, but when I go one teh GNC one (at about 4 grams per day) my acne disapears 100%.

9.99 for 100 of .5g caps. Not too horrible a price-shocking for gnc.

Jedi Master

Banned
Awards
Anyone know aa cheap (the cheapest) place to get B5 in either caps or powder? Gonna give this a try before moving on to accutane. Or do you guys think it would be better/cheaper to get a script for accutane...i believe this would cost me around $20-$30 for the visit and script.
1fast400 sells b5 powder by now foods. its way cheaper than capsules, and you can measure out your dose accordingly. By week 3 or 4 it should stop oil production almost completely, and it gives your skin a nice tone.

Jones111

Awards
i am begging to have less trust for 1fast's powders, the 'alcar' I ordered from them was NOT alcar

Jedi Master

Banned
Awards
i am begging to have less trust for 1fast's powders, the 'alcar' I ordered from them was NOT alcar
It is manufactured by now foods you skinny bastard. I dont think anyone has complained about the purity of mikes products..

Jones111

Awards
Well then call me #1. He sold it, and it was garbage. Also, I am not skinny.

Bryan

Awards
I just ordered a few bottles of b5 from 1fast, hoping to clear up my back/shoulders/chest, I've had acne on them since I was about 15 years old and now its just trying to piss me off. I hate taking my shirt off infront of anybody beccause of my skin.

juststarting

Awards
I just ordered a few bottles of b5 from 1fast, hoping to clear up my back/shoulders/chest, I've had acne on them since I was about 15 years old and now its just trying to piss me off. I hate taking my shirt off infront of anybody beccause of my skin.

Well after you recieve it and start using it give us an update on how well that worked out for you.

Bryan

Awards
Basically the cause of acne is a defect or deficiency in a person's metabolism of lipids (fats) which occurs due to a lack of coenzyme-A in the body. Coenzyme-A is made of ATP (energy), cysteine, and pantothenic acid. Of these 3, pantothenic acid is the only one which is a vitamin and must be supplied through the diet. The other 2 are produced by the body. So if you supplement with pantothenic acid you create more Coenzyme-A in your body and your fats get metabolized. A lack of Coenzyme-A in the body means that fats don't get broken down. Instead, they get deposited in your sebaceous (oil) glands and get secreted as sebum (oil). Oil is a fat in liquid form. You get acne because the acne bacteria (Propionibacterium acne) in your pores feeds on this excess oil

Bryan

Awards
just received my package from 1fast400. I'm going to use the b5 like this:

first 3 days I'll load at 10g/day
Next 4 days I'll go with 5g/day
then run a maintence of 2-3g/day

size

Awards
  • Established
I think excessive amounts of b5 is a waste. it is a water soluble vitamin so taking large dosages at once simply means you are going to excrete a fair amount in urine.

If you choose to take the large dosages, space them out as best as you can.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think excessive amounts of b5 is a waste. it is a water soluble vitamin so taking large dosages at once simply means you are going to excrete a fair amount in urine.

If you choose to take the large dosages, space them out as best as you can.
I have read for optimal results... you start with 10grams/day for 3-4 weeks (more if acne is worse) and then 3-5 grams/day for maintenance.

---
Aaron

size

Awards
  • Established
Do you believe everything you read?

I am 6'3' and 300lbs at 5%BF.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Do you believe everything you read?
When what I read comes from multiple sources and people whose opinion (read: experience) I value AND when I can't experience something for myself? Yes, yes I do.

Don't be an ass.

A

size

Awards
  • Established
When what I read comes from multiple sources and people whose opinion (read: experience) I value AND when I can't experience something for myself? Yes, yes I do.
Don't be an ass.
A

Do as you see fit. I was trying to save you money.

Bryan

Awards
I too have seen 10g over the course of a day used for 1-2 weeks as a type of loading phase, but thats only for extreme acne.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Jedi Master

It is manufactured by now foods you skinny bastard. I dont think anyone has complained about the purity of mikes products..
That wasn't necessary..