3-AD/Dermacrine/Sustain Alpha Log

Titanium

Awards
I am cycling 3-AD, Dermacrine, and Sustain Alpha for 6 weeks. The purpose of this log is to test the affects that Sustain Alpha can have on LH and FSH during an AAS cycle. Bloodwork will be done 2 times during the cycle. Here is a quote from Primordial Performance explaining in more detail:

"New research is suggesting that 7,8-benzoflavone is capable of reversing the negative feedback loop at the hypothalamus via modulation of the GABA/opioid receptor complex. In other words, 7,8 Benzoflavone could potentially be used to stimulate LH & FSH during a steroid cycle and prevent shutdown of the HPTA. For those that aren’t familiar with 7,8-benzoflavone, it is a natural occurring flavonoid from passionflower, and is the main ingredient in Sustain Alpha.
So how do we intend to prove this? Glad you asked. You see, if LH & FSH rise after using Sustain Alpha during a cycle, then we know that it is preventing suppression of the HPTA and stimulating the testes in a way similar to hCG. If this is proves to be true, this could replace the need for on-cycle hCG, and prevent testicular shrinkage. (assuming its used early enough in the cycle)

So, here is the plan…

1. Get on cycle.
2. Test for LH & FSH after two weeks of being “on”.
3. Apply 10 pumps of Sustain Alpha, for 2 days.
4. Retest LH & FSH levels.

Ideally, the first blood test will reveal non-existent LH & FSH levels. Then, after the Sustain is used for 48hrs, we are hoping the tests will reveal “normal” levels of LH & FSH. (thus proving that Sustain Alpha can stimulate natural Testosterone production, even during a cycle)
Luckily, there are home blood test kits available that can test LH & FSH levels with a pin prick. (All you do is send the samples back to a 3rd party lab, and results show up in 1-2 weeks) Now, we figured that you guys would want to see some blood test results from actual members…"

Titanium

Awards
Here is some additional cycle information:

3-AD:

6 pills per day for 45 days

Dermacrine:

5 pumps per day for 45 days

Sustain Alpha:

After first 2 weeks 2 days on 5 off at 10 pumps per day.

Personal stats:

Height: 6'
Weight: 230 to 235

I will get a base weight in a couple of days due to some weekend eating out. One plate of pasta and I can gain 5 lbs over night.

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
First one! YES!! Subscrizzled! I will definitely be keeping track of your stats on this one. I am starting a stack of X-Mass, PP, SD, Dermacrine and Sustain Alpha next Monday ("Ex-tightend's Mega-Cycle") ! I noticed, however, that you will be running the Dermacrine even on the days that you run Sustain Alpha? Did I read that right? Or did you mean to say that you'll be running Dermacrine 5 days per week and Sustain Alpha on the two off days (this is what I'm doing)? Please advise.

Titanium

Awards
I was going to run the Dermacrine every day and then run the Sustain Alpha 2 days on and 5 days off. Now that I think about it I may not have enough skin to put it all on. On days where I use both I will maybe have to apply at least 5 hours apart.

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
I was going to run the Dermacrine every day and then run the Sustain Alpha 2 days on and 5 days off. Now that I think about it I may not have enough skin to put it all on. On days where I use both I will maybe have to apply at least 5 hours apart.
That may or may not be a good idea. I can just envision the hormones crashing into each other! That's why I'm going with the Dermacrine for the five days, then the Sustain Alpha solo for the other two days. But then again, I'm using other s h i t.
Then again still, your idea just might work! I'd love to hear Eric's take on this. :think:

Titanium

Awards
The way I was looking at it is that the Sustain Alpha is being used to reduce suppression while on hormonal based products. So weather you are on SD, PP, H-drol, 1-AD, 3-AD, Dermacrine ect...... you would not stop the hormonal products while pulsing the Sustain Alpha. The only problem I see is that Dermacrine and Sustain Alpha are both transdermal so using them at the same time may get a little tricky. You would probably need to use different skin locations for both and it should be fine. Like Dermacrine on back, shoulders, arms and Sustain Alpha on Chest, abs, and legs.

The one question I have about the Sustain Alpha is that we are suppose to take 10 pumps a day. I would think that applying 5 pumps twice per day would be better than 1 10 pump dose?

Eric's input would be appreciated.

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
The way I was looking at it is that the Sustain Alpha is being used to reduce suppression while on hormonal based products. So weather you are on SD, PP, H-drol, 1-AD, 3-AD, Dermacrine ect...... you would not stop the hormonal products while pulsing the Sustain Alpha. The only problem I see is that Dermacrine and Sustain Alpha are both transdermal so using them at the same time may get a little tricky. You would probably need to use different skin locations for both and it should be fine. Like Dermacrine on back, shoulders, arms and Sustain Alpha on Chest, abs, and legs.

The one question I have about the Sustain Alpha is that we are suppose to take 10 pumps a day. I would think that applying 5 pumps twice per day would be better than 1 10 pump dose?

Damn! I like the way you think! But, for now, I will probably stick with my original protocol. Who knows, I may change it based on what you have to report. But you do bring up an interesting question about the 10 pumps at once vs. two separate applications of 5 pumps. Eric, where art thou?

Titanium

Awards
Are you using any other Pro hormones or Steroids with the Dermacrine

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Yeah, you will likely have to scale back on your Dermacrine dose to apply the full 10 pumps of Sustain, or do the Sustian dose in the evening after a second shower.

-Pp

Titanium

Awards
So the Sustain Alpha dose should be all 10 pumps at once and not split into two 5 pump doses? I can do that after my afternoon workout. So I take the Dermacrine at 7am after my morning shower and the Sustain Alpha after my afternoon workout and shower at around 5pm.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So the Sustain Alpha dose should be all 10 pumps at once and not split into two 5 pump doses? I can do that after my afternoon workout. So I take the Dermacrine at 7am after my morning shower and the Sustain Alpha after my afternoon workout and shower at around 5pm.
Yes this sounds best. Apply the full 10 pumps at once.

-Pp

Titanium

Awards
I had a great back workout today. I haven't noticed anything much yet except maybe a little placebo effect.

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
I had a great back workout today. I haven't noticed anything much yet except maybe a little placebo effect.
Don't worry, based on all the feedback I've been reading, you should be seeing real results, real soon!

Titanium

Awards
I noticed on the Dermacrine the amount that comes out on each pump is not always consistent. Sometimes it seems like halfway through the pump it starts to come out and sometimes it starts at the begining of the pump and much more comes out. Should I prime the pump to make sure it starts comming out at the top of each pump?

Titanium

Awards
I stopped using all my other supplements about 4 weeks ago for this cycle so I can see how this stuff is really affecting me. The only stuff I am taking are my staple:

9 gram fish oil per day
green tea
multi vitamin
fiber tabs
Glucosamine with MSM

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
I noticed on the Dermacrine the amount that comes out on each pump is not always consistent. Sometimes it seems like halfway through the pump it starts to come out and sometimes it starts at the begining of the pump and much more comes out. Should I prime the pump to make sure it starts comming out at the top of each pump?
What do you mean by "priming the pump?" How exactly would you do this?

Titanium

Awards
You push the pump down until it starts to come out. Let it go back up and do one full pump and you will get alot more out. There is air in the line when you first start to pump it.

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
You push the pump down until it starts to come out. Let it go back up and do one full pump and you will get alot more out. There is air in the line when you first start to pump it.
Thanks.

Eric Potratz

Eric Potratz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you could do this... not a bad idea.

-Pp

Titanium

Awards
I had a killer leg workout today. I am noticing that I am sweating alot when I workout, more than normal. Im going ATV riding this weekend so I will not update until Sunday or Monday. I ride like an animal so I will be getting a great workout all weekend.

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
I had a killer leg workout today. I am noticing that I am sweating alot when I workout, more than normal. Im going ATV riding this weekend so I will not update until Sunday or Monday. I ride like an animal so I will be getting a great workout all weekend.
Don't forget to take your, um...vitamins. Bwahahahaha!!!:lol:

Titanium

Awards
Im back it was a good weekend. I did a chest workout this evening and it was great. My weight was up on all my lifts which I was suprised. I rode ATV's for the last 2 days and I was a little tired.

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
So what are your impressions of the stack so far?

Titanium

Awards
So far I am really enjoying it. Last nights workout was a really noticeable strength increase. I have used creatine alot in the past for several months at a time. I stopped taking it about 2 months ago to prepare for this cycle as I wanted to see exactly what the products I'm taking will do. So my point is that over the last 2 months I lost some strength. Creatine gives me about a 20% to 30% strength increase. 1 week on this stack and my strength is back to creatine levels. My incline bench press went up 40lbs for my failure set!!! I think part of that is the endurance as well. I can lift more and do more reps.

I should also note that I am getting little caffine where I was taking alot to push through the day before. I just don't feel a need to go for a cup of coffee while at work. On the other side I don't really want to go to sleep at night either. I fall asleep fine and sleep well but I don't feel like I need to go to bed like I have in the past.

Titanium

Awards
Sweet back workout today. I noticed a huge pump. I did notice a small strength increase, 5 to 10 lbs depending on the lift. I weighed myself and I was at 237 but i think I am holding some water as I doubt I have gained 5 lbs of muscle in a week.

I have been eating more than I ever have. Im getting about 325 grams of protein per day. I am using peanut butter as the fat source when taking 3ad which is giving a good calorie increase.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
Subbed. Go man, GO!

Titanium

Awards
I worked shoulders and traps today and my weights were up again. I had a good workout. I'm starting to notice that my muscles are feeling a little tight all day especially the muscle group I worked out the day before. Libido is up as well. I noticed this when taking Epistane as well.........the need to drill every chick in the gym!:frustrate

Titanium

Awards
I did legs today and really pushed the poundage. I am now walking funny :squat:

ex-tightend83

Awards
  • Established
I did legs today and really pushed the poundage. I am now walking funny :squat:
I've noticed a bit of "tightness" the day after working a specific body part as well. I guess it is because of the Dermacrine. I haven't had any big jumps in weight or poundages so far, but it's only been four days. Libido is OK.

Titanium

Awards
I weighed in at 240!! That is + 8lbs in just under 2 weeks.:bb3:

Titanium

Awards
Did a chest workout today and I went up 20lbs again this week. Strength is really up and Im feeling great on this cycle. I am going to start the first blood test for LH and FSH over the next couple of days. I recieved my testing package from PP and am ready to bleed.

On a side note I know some people think 3AD is a mild PH but I am having exceptional results. I am taking 6 pills per day which is the max recommend dose and I started it at day 1. I am also stacking Dermacrine which may enhance the strenght of or provide synergy. I couldn't imagine taking something much strong. What S-Drol after 2 weeks = 20 or 30lbs??

Let the good times roll baby.

Titanium

Awards
I added an intensity technique to my failure sets, rest pause. I rest for 15 seconds after I reach failure and then rep till failure again. It makes for a nice burn and pump.

Titanium

Awards
I took my first blood test yesterday and started the Sustain Alpha at 10 pumps per day. I will take my second blood test tomorrow and we will see what the results are soon.

Titanium

Awards
I have been feeling a little tired or lethargy the last 4 days or so. Not sure if the steroids are causing this or if it is stress induced. They anounced layoffs on friday and it has been rough since then. I did not get laid off and I found out today I made it through the second round. The workouts are great when I get to the gym just tough getting motivated. I did heavy shoulders today and hit 190 lbs for 8 reps on the shoulder press which Im sure is PR. On a side not my appetite is slowing down and it is hard to eat every 2 to 3 hours. I literally have to force it down. I think I am going to take a nap now......

malou

malou

Awards
suuuuubbbbbbb
betta late than eva
looking good dood
do me a favor wake up and hit da scale
how much you weight now

Titanium

Awards
I will hit the scale first thing in the morning tomorrow. I did weigh in at 242 the other day which is +10 lbs. I did legs today and my strength was up again. I am defintantly feeling like an animal on this stuff. :twisted:

malou

malou

Awards
:jaw:
I will hit the scale first thing in the morning tomorrow. I did weigh in at 242 the other day which is +10 lbs. I did legs today and my strength was up again. I am defintantly feeling like an animal on this stuff. :twisted:
this is sick
let c how far you can take it
man 10 in 2 weeks :clap2:
:goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

malou

malou

Awards
I took my first blood test yesterday and started the Sustain Alpha at 10 pumps per day. I will take my second blood test tomorrow and we will see what the results are soon.
got them yet

malou

malou

Awards
never mind me but isnt dermacrine and sustain the same can you please explain de diff to me

Titanium

Awards
I weighed msyself this morning at 243 lbs. I am feeling stronger than ever. I think the boys at the gym are wondering how I am increasing my strength so quickly. Um I eat alot of STUFF.

Titanium

Awards
Dermacrine is a hormonial based product and Sustain Alpha is not. They do share 2 ingredients but they are in different amounts in each product.

Dermacrine is based on DHEA and Pregnalone. DHEA converts to Testosterone or one of its metabolites via the enzymes in the skin. In essence it is a mild prohormone. It also contains some ingredients to control Estrogen which is also nice while on cycle.

Sustain Alpha can be used to stimulate testosterone production which makes it good for PCT. The idea to pulse it while on cycle is maintain some ability for the body to produce testosterone and protect HPTA.

We shall see how it works.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
What do you think about using the Sustain every 10 days while on?

Titanium

Awards
I would think that would be better than nothing at all. The suggested method so far is 5 off and 2 on at 10 pumps per on day.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
So do you think that 5 days into "on" would be appropriate for first administration? Im 3 days in, and was waiting till day 10. Comments anyone?

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
So do you think that 5 days into "on" would be appropriate for first administration? Im 3 days in, and was waiting till day 10. Comments anyone?
Doing it earlier won't hurt anything, i'd think it'd help more, if it makes any difference at all.

Titanium

Awards
That would be fine. PP's original theory is to wait 2 weeks then pulse 2 on and then 5 off until the end of the cycle. Others have ask about starting after week 1 and he specified that would be fine and that they are still testing to see what the best protocol is. I did wait 2 weeks before I started the first pulse. If you wait 5 to 7 days that is fine just time it when it is convient for you to dose the Sustain Alpha each week. I will be doing it monday and tuesday of each week.