t3 rebound fatgain problem ??

sportf190

alright guys ive been taking t3 at about 50-60 mcgs a day for the past 5 weeks i decided to stop and im about day 4 into it and i have gained somefat around my lower stomache.. problem is i am carb cycling andnot eveneating alot as i had two no carb days with mourning cardio and i still am gaining fat... I know im stupid for not tapering my dose but now i just decided to put in 20-25mcg a day for 5 daysthen 12.5 a day for 3 or 4 should i do this so my throyid can return to normal thanks..

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Usually you begin with a low dose and work your way up and taper down. 4-6 weeks is the max I would run it. Gotta be careful or you could end up on t3 for the rest of your life if you screw up your thyroid.
Also, I would only run it with something like test. The increased level of thyroid hormones can be extremely catabolic and the use can counter muscle loss here.

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
alright guys ive been taking t3 at about 50-60 mcgs a day for the past 5 weeks i decided to stop and im about day 4 into it and i have gained somefat around my lower stomache.. problem is i am carb cycling andnot eveneating alot as i had two no carb days with mourning cardio and i still am gaining fat... I know im stupid for not tapering my dose but now i just decided to put in 20-25mcg a day for 5 daysthen 12.5 a day for 3 or 4 should i do this so my throyid can return to normal thanks..
The mistake you made was not eating a sufficient quantity of carbs when you came off of T3.

That is the quickest & best way to get things back to normal.

Even with carbs it takes me a week to 10 days to get back to the point where I don't store extra fat. The key would be to up the cardio during this time. Do NOT cut carbs. Carbs are good.

But, but, but I'm carb cycling! You shouldn't be when you come off T3 and expect to normalize farily quickly.

sportf190

okaythank youvery much im curreently going to eat about 150-200 grams of carbs for the next week.. and i will run t3 at 25mcg for 5 daysthen 12.5 for the next 3 to taper off correctly, should that do the trick?

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
okaythank youvery much im curreently going to eat about 150-200 grams of carbs for the next week.. and i will run t3 at 25mcg for 5 daysthen 12.5 for the next 3 to taper off correctly, should that do the trick?
No don't go back on. You've been off for 4 days. You are slowly recovering. Eat those carbs and 4 or 5 days from now you should be better.

Just taper next time you run T3. I've stopped T3 at 50mcg several times without a further taper. It doesn't seem to be much if any worse then a further taper.

Plus do some cardio!