Methyl = liver dammage?

sponger246

Awards
I have read conflicting results about the methyl hormones. One thing for sure is they work. Other than that I have heard that they are really rough on the liver and then I have also read that they are not that bad and the liver will restore itself once you are off the hormones.

Are they really that bad or are the sides made out to be more than they really are?

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
most are hard on the liver but it varies considerably. They can range from almost nothing to deadly. methyltrienolone for instance is a deadly form of trenbolone. so it will depend a LOT on the substance in question.

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
4 weeks at the recommened dosage you should be fine. milk thistle for extra protection.

mister ibn

Awards
if you run proper support supps you should be okay. much of the risk occurs if you are stacking three or more methyls on one cycle. oh yeah absolutely no drinking!

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you run proper support supps you should be okay. much of the risk occurs if you are stacking three or more methyls on one cycle. oh yeah absolutely no drinking!
Agreed run Cycle Support for all your support supps needed to keep you safe on cycle and no drinking on cycle at all.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
All methyls are liver toxic. The reason they methylate a substance is to get it throught the liver. The longer you run it, the better chance you have damaging the liver. Even at short cycles, you can do damage, even though the liver can repair itself somewhat. That it why it is so important to run liver protection before and during a cycle. A product like AI's cyle support is great for this.

sponger246

Awards
most are hard on the liver but it varies considerably. They can range from almost nothing to deadly. methyltrienolone for instance is a deadly form of trenbolone. so it will depend a LOT on the substance in question.
The first product I was looking at was 1-AndroSterone by AMS (1-Androstene-3b-ol, 17-one) because of the lack of sides. Others that I have looked at are:

1,4 AD BOLD 200 (1,4-androstadiene-3,17-dione)
H-Drol (4-chloro-17a-methyl-androst-1, 4-diene-3-17b-diol)
Halocore 60(4-chloro-17a-methyl-androst-1,4-diene-3,17b-diol)

Mod Edit: no linking to retailers

Any input would be great.

Thanks

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The first product I was looking at was 1-AndroSterone by AMS (1-Androstene-3b-ol, 17-one) because of the lack of sides. Others that I have looked at are:

Thanks

You should read the rules you cannot link to other sites only nutraplanet here

sponger246

Awards
You should read the rules you cannot link to other sites only nutraplanet here
All I was trying to do was show what the products were and what was in them. Sorry about that....

Well anyway, the stack I was refering to was:
Product One: Milk Thistle, ALA, NAC
Product Two: 17a-methyl-etioallocholan-2-ene-17b-ol
Product Three: 19-Norandrosta 4,9 diene- 3,17

Jetta

Awards
I think it's good that people somewhat inflate the toxicity issue. I mean, like most things, load for a Bear and hope for a bunny.

Just don't stay on them long. 4 weeks for a toxic cycle should be about it; maybe 8 weeks with 4 methyl and 4 non-methyl. I would not advice stacking methyls - hypocritical though I am given that I"m taking a combo product as I write this. But, if you choose that path, just keep it short and sweet, drill that milk thissle and don't do any other cycles for several months after.

and, yeah, no drinking alcohol of any kind - even a coors light could just add insult to injury.

sponger246

Awards
Ok, so with all that being said; which of the compounds above would you guys recomend?

Its bulking season and I want to get off to a good start.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
I've always wondered about the equivalent toxicity of methyls. As in how toxic is superdrol compared to beer? Is 10mgs of SD like drinking acouple beers a night, or more like a case? Probably no way to actually find out, though.

Jetta

Awards
I've always wondered about the equivalent toxicity of methyls. As in how toxic is superdrol compared to beer? Is 10mgs of SD like drinking acouple beers a night, or more like a case? Probably no way to actually find out, though.
I religiously drank obscene amounts of beer for years - weekly, daily at times, even tossed in a couple of short boys (shots) here and there. Got a physical a few years back, liver was A-OK. Did a cycle of Halodrol, liver got hot (not too bad).

Can't tell you for certain but my personal ecperience leads me to suspect that Methyls are Waaaay more toxic than beer.

bound

bound

Awards
  • Established
I religiously drank obscene amounts of beer for years - weekly, daily at times, even tossed in a couple of short boys (shots) here and there. Got a physical a few years back, liver was A-OK. Did a cycle of Halodrol, liver got hot (not too bad).

Can't tell you for certain but my personal ecperience leads me to suspect that Methyls are Waaaay more toxic than beer.
coool. thanks!

minime398

Awards
i agree i have drank for years and didnt with superdrol.......three weeks deep my liver started to hurt and i had liver protection as well

Jetta

Awards
That said, I still wouldn't freak out about methyls. I'm old enough that I remember friends, back in the late 80's, popping 20+ dbol a day for months on end without any permanent liver issues. Dbol at high doses is far harsher than a 4 week SD cycle.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Just look at some of the bloodwork that people have done before and after cycles on this board. It proves without a doubt that these are bad, as proven by the numbers they post. HDL drops and LDL skyrockets and the ALT and AST liver vaules are in the hundreds. Not good.

Jetta

Awards
Just look at some of the bloodwork that people have done before and after cycles on this board. It proves without a doubt that these are bad, as proven by the numbers they post. HDL drops and LDL skyrockets and the ALT and AST liver vaules are in the hundreds. Not good.
I don't think anyone, including me, questions that your numbers get banged up. If you take blood right after any oral cycle, what you state is exactly what I would expect to see. That does not justify the sensationalism about methyls on this boar - esspecially PS"s, which are pretyy much a joke. Any 17AA steroid is going to have this effect. Some worse than others. Looking accross the world of Orals, I don't think Superdrol is as at the top of the list regarding toxicity - no worse than dbol, certainly not worse than M1t or even Adrol, which guys take for 4 weeks at a time - sometimes 8 - as part of a larger cycle.

It's like guys do cycles, get blood work before, blood looks good. They get blood work after, things are messes up and they say. "look bad blood - - methyls bad, bad, bad" . Yes, No F';ing Sh9t your blood doesn't look good right now. If you didn't expect exactly that, you are a moron. This does not mean the compound in disproportionately bad.

I would rather see this blood work 6 months later. That would tell you if the compound is a monster or not. This of course provided that you're not talking about a kid who goes out drinking and eating mCdonalds all the time post cycle.

san731

san731

Awards
I am 3 weeks in on hdrol and drank a crazy amount 4-5 days ago and did blood work a couple days after to make sure I didn't kill my liver and surprisingly the levels were still in the normal range. It all depends on substance and your genetic disposition to it. Support supplements are very helpful also.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Mod Edit: no linking to retailers

Thanks
FYI... 1-andro by AMS is non-methylated, which makes it much much easier on the liver.

chrisrob05

chrisrob05

Awards
Methyl at correct dose and correct time should be ok-Trimethyl may be trouble. Just use it as directed and avoid a lot of alcohol.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I was wondering my self how toxic HaloeTest 25 is to the liver...

handcannon7

handcannon7

Awards
Everyone will respond different but ph's are certainly less toxic than things like oral tren, anadrol 50 tabs, cheque drops

Ession

Awards
I heard liverlonger is the best liver protection product.......

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
What's the best "bang for the buck"