Bloodwork results not so good. - AnabolicMinds.com

Bloodwork results not so good.

1. New Member

Bloodwork results not so good.

Had bloodworkdone during middle of SD cycle. these are the results. comments?

cholesterol: 291 ldl: 240
    liver enzymes 65/220
    test: 87 (she said normal is 220+)

everything else ok

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldIsMyIdol View Post

liver enzymes 65/220

everything else ok
    What were these same numbers before the cycle?

Test doesn't seem that bad. That's about what you can expect.
  3. AI Sports Nutrition

Sounds like SD results to me. Best of luck bro.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
    •   

4. New Member

I never had baseline tests done. I did explain to my doctor what SD is and how it works and he advised running the tests when I was getting my physical. He wants me to stop and get retested in a month. Do these numbers look bad enough that I should stop now? I only have about 2 weeks left of the cycle.
  5. AI Sports Nutrition

I never had baseline tests done. I did explain to my doctor what SD is and how it works and he advised running the tests when I was getting my physical. He wants me to stop and get retested in a month. Do these numbers look bad enough that I should stop now? I only have about 2 weeks left of the cycle.

I would feel totally out of place telling you not to listen to the doctor. If doc told me to stop I would stop. Best of luck bro.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

liver enzymes 65/220

everything else ok
    In regard to your liver enzymes, which level posted is the ALT/AST? What was the rest of your liver function panel (Alk Phos, GGT, Bilirubin?)

What was your HDL?

Your cholesterol certainly has taken a hit for sure, but that's been noted to occur to a significance with superdrol. How much longer left in the cycle?

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

7. New Member

How long is your cycle? People USUALLY run SD for 3 weeks, so if this is what it looks like after just one week I would stop right away.
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.

by mid cycle, i assume you mean two weeks in so here goes:

i've heard that the 4th week of a SD cycle is more bad than good. many people say their best gains are days 9-14, some can keep gaining until the end of the third week. personally, in my opinion, if you've already gained about 10-15 pounds, jump into PCT and save the rest of the SD for another two week cycle. either way, i wouldn't go over three weeks.
  9. New Member

LDL was 240. Can't remember which order the liiver enzymes were I will find out.
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prometherion View Post
    How long is your cycle? People USUALLY run SD for 3 weeks, so if this is what it looks like after just one week I would stop right away.
    I have been running it about 3 weeks.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

I have been running it about 3 weeks.
    I think it's time to throw the towel in dude. 3 weeks is good for SD anyway. Not much more to gain and with number like that.....
  12. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jetta View Post
    I think it's time to throw the towel in dude. 3 weeks is good for SD anyway. Not much more to gain and with number like that.....
    I think your right. I'm going to quit and use some supps....red yeast rice, milk thistle, niacin, hawthorneberry....and drop some fat. lets see how much I can bring that LDL down =P
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  0 lbs.

I think your right. I'm going to quit and use some supps....red yeast rice, milk thistle, niacin, hawthorneberry....and drop some fat. lets see how much I can bring that LDL down =P

Yeah drop it now IMO. 3 weeks of SD is enough. Run PCT and support supps and go back for more bloodwork post PCT, everything should be back to normal
  14. New Member

SD is notoriously bad on HDL. My doctor though my HDL result must have been a lab mistake, as It was 1/5 of the amount measured pre-cycle.
  15. Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Sounds like SD results to me. Best of luck bro.
    Yep. Just how harsh it is. I have seen HDL numbers in the single digits(should be above 40).
    Get nolva and do pct. It will help those numbers somewhat. The rest will just take time. That is why I strongly advise guys to take PLENTY of time off between cycles. It takes A LONG time to get numbers back in line. I'm talking 6 months+
  16. New Member

Fortunately my doctor is pretty cool about it. He advised me not to do it, but said I'm intelligent enough to make my own decisions and didn't preach. I had to explain designer drugs and research chems to him. I mentioned running tamoxifen and he just kind of smiles and shakes his head and says "Where do you GET this stuff from?"=P He also kept everything off my chart.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

Don't drop all fat. A good Fish Oil sup wouldn't be a bad call right now - S.A.N. Fish Fats is always my first choice. Salmon, Almonds, Natural PB, Olive Oil. Make sure you're getting your EFA's and good fats. This could help to bring those numbers back into line a bit. The worst thing you could do is reduce fat too much right now. Just lay off the KFC, McD's etc.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Boosting HDL
    i add ground flax seeds (omega 3s) to my oatmeal in the morning. They cost $3 for a bag at the grocery store and I grind them in my coffee grinder. This seems to be cheaper than buying the oil from a supplement store. (Omega 3s and Omega 6s boost HDL ("good") cholesterol. You can get Omega 3s from flaxseeds, walnuts, salmon, soybeans, halibut)

Reducing LDL

The fiber from Oatmeal, oatbran, etc helps remove LDL cholesterol from the blood. When fat is present in the small intestine, bile is released by the liver in order to make the fat capable to be absorbed by the small intestine for energy. Fiber absorbs some of the bile and carries it out of the body. In order for the liver to make new bile, it uses cholesterol which is bile's building block. So make sure you get enough fiber.

I hope this helps. Good luck
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bloodwork Results
    By Jbrooks in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 09:32 AM
  2. Bloodwork results...what does it mean?
    By Lightweight1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 07:37 AM
  3. Bloodwork Results After Pct!
    By Link24 in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 02:09 PM
  4. Bloodwork Results
    By jrw in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 09:21 PM
  5. My PCT Bloodwork Results