Improper Injection

eatsleeplift

Awards
Hey guys, I injected into my glute last week with a 1 inch 23 gauge. I heard this length won't cut it and on top of that, the needle was angled because due to reduced flexibilty after checkin for blood vessel I looked away and shot at an angle. To add to this, my bf is slightly high because of the ulking phase I am in. Those three things (pin length, angle of inj, slightly high bf) seems to have me convinced the gear didn't make it to the muscle. I've read this will slow down the absorption rate, but do not know if this is true. If it does slow down, how much will it? Will there be a week that my test levels will drop significantly because of this slow absoprtion? Also if it does not get to absorb the full strength of the gear, will this be a wasted shot? I am picking up 1.5" for next time and will keep an eye on the angle of the needle.

musclenz

musclenz

Awards
Hey guys, I injected into my glute last week with a 1 inch 23 gauge. I heard this length won't cut it and on top of that, the needle was angled because due to reduced flexibilty after checkin for blood vessel I looked away and shot at an angle. To add to this, my bf is slightly high because of the ulking phase I am in. Those three things (pin length, angle of inj, slightly high bf) seems to have me convinced the gear didn't make it to the muscle. I've read this will slow down the absorption rate, but do not know if this is true. If it does slow down, how much will it? Will there be a week that my test levels will drop significantly because of this slow absoprtion? Also if it does not get to absorb the full strength of the gear, will this be a wasted shot? I am picking up 1.5" for next time and will keep an eye on the angle of the needle.
A 1" 23g is perfectly fine for most injection sites except perhaps the glutes where a 1.5" is often recommended. But not to worry, even if you did not get right into the muscle & more into the subcutaneous tissue, you will slow and constant absorption from the gear. I would suggest you go more for the middle delt head or the vastus lateralis (outside head of the quad) using your 1" pin.

stxnas

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
^^^1" for delts or 1.5+ for the glutes my friend.

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
If it didnt make it into the muscle tissue, the real concern is developing a sterile abcess...thats where the oil just sits there and doesnt dissapate...in all honesty, Im sure you're fine, but be vigilant when you inject on that side again, just to be sure.

holy