origional halodrol with no ptc ((advice needed))

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
if you were to run (not recommended at all) to run a halodrol origional cycle for 30 days (50/50/50/50) -was one pill back in the day- and take nothing for ptc would you body recover with time? i only ask bc my friend did this a year back while it was legal in stores. please advise.

will your hormones eventually bounce back with time? thx much

Cub

Cub

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You will be fine. PCT is just an option that assists you in holding your gains and getting everything up to speed again. The body can recover itself.

NasD

NasD

Awards
  • Established
qwerty, I agree with Cub in that your body can recover on it's own but no one can truly answer the question of if your friend will recover on their own. Everyone responds differently. Another concern could be gyno (assuming this was the original batch with DMT). I would say if the cycle was a year back then he should probably be ok by now but should get blood work done if there are still concerns. Both my older (40) and younger (37) brother have run the original Halodrol-50 with NO pct and anecdotally are fine...but I certainly wouldn't recommend taking those kind of chances.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
yea makes sense and im told that halodrol is not that harsh. its good that the body can get back into sync. and he is perfectly fine and has done "correct" cycles with proper ptc. so im sure hes all right. i was just wondering how it works on the hormonal level.

NasD

NasD

Awards
  • Established
qwerty, regarding what's happening on a hormonal level:

Let's also start by saying that you don't have to run post cycle therapy.........you also don't have to wipe your ass after taking a dump: it's just a really really good idea to do these things :dump:

The first thing we need to understand is what is going on with our bodies when we're taking anabolic steroids:
Exogeneous anabolic hormones (or derivatives of anabolic hormones) are being brought into your system. This causes the body to take a number of responsive actions. The first and foremost (as you already know) is increased muscle mass. Unfortunately, other things are also going on that aren't so great :(

When an enzyme or hormone is brought exogeneously into the system, chemical balances shift around to attain a certain equilibrium. This is a chemical concept known as Le Chatelier's Principle of Chemical Equilibria. In a nutshell, your body will increase production of estrogen, cortisol, and other hormones in response to heightened testosterone levels, while simultaneously slowering (or completely stopping) natural production of testosterone. Biologist call this negative feedback.......biology sucks doesn't it?

Le Chatelier's Principle for the scientifically impaired:
Let's pretend A and B react to make C (can't get much simpler than that).

A + B --------> C

So we have a mixture containing A, B, and C. According to LeChatlier's principle, if we add more C to the mixture, the amounts of A and B will increase. If we remove some of the C from the mixture, A and B will decrease. And if we were to add A, B, or a combination of the two, C will increase. Still with me here? Good.

What's going on when we come off a cycle:
Ok, so while we're on the cycle, are natural test production is going down to compensate for the exogeneous test intake, and our production of other steroid hormones (i.e. Estrogen, Cortisol, etc.) is going up to compensate for the heightened test levels. When we come off a cycle, we cease intake of exogeneous testosterone. In other words, we have very low test levels, and very high cortisol and estrogen levels: it's the EXACT OPPOSITE of what we had while starting our cycle.

REMEMBER Le Chatelier's Principle because this is where it gets really important. When we have an excess of one hormone, the others will start shifting around, to attain a certain equilibrium. Ok, I'm gonna say it (and bold it) again because it's just that important. When we have an excess of one hormone, the others will start shifting around, to attain a certain equilibrium.
That is from thesinners thread. Here is a link to the full thread: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/post-cycle-therapy/66113-no-excuses-no.html

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think that the vast majority of people would recover from H-50 just fine with no PCT, and in fact many did when this stuff released and no one knew what they were taking.

Obviously though, it's better for your gains and much better for your body to run PCT always.

Your body does bounce back though, back in "the day" PCT was unheard of.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
thanks all m sure its all good i was just wondering for health reasons. what about havoc with no ptc? will you recover the same way or bc that is more harsh on the body it takes longer or you will not recover untill ptc is taken?