Poll: What do you think of the WNBA

WNBA...lets get real here.

  1. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The hood
    Posts
    9,611
    Rep Power
    2037227

    WNBA...lets get real here.


    Ok so when I was doing carido the other day i was next to two woman watching a WNBA game and I wanted to kill myself. I'ts like watching JV high school basketball. After watching a whole game and seeing the size and skill of these woman I really think I could score 20 and grab 10 boards a night.

    I really would like to see this thrive and try to stay positive but my goodness I wanted to throw up. Why do women think that the WNBA is so sweet? Who else thinks they could dominat in the WNBA
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  2. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57347

    I knew a few girls that played on the womens Uconn basketball team back in the day. I have to say, the girls were amazing shots. I couldn't believe it myself. As much as it pains me to say it DW, some of these women are pretty good.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The hood
    Posts
    9,611
    Rep Power
    2037227

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I knew a few girls that played on the womens Uconn basketball team back in the day. I have to say, the girls were amazing shots. I couldn't believe it myself. As much as it pains me to say it DW, some of these women are pretty good.
    Yea I'll give you that, they can shot the lights out not doubt about it. But do you really think you would give them that much space? They all shoot set shots. I'd throw that s h i t all day long.

    I played a few games with girls that play in the big ten. I know big ten basketball doesn't compare to Uconn by any stretch but an athletic guy is sooooo much quicker than a girl. You can play super tight because even if they do get by you it takes 1.5 steps to catch up and if they try a lay up they may get 14" off the ground. Althought I could be wrong Uconn womens basketball is def in a league of its own.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57347

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Yea I'll give you that, they can shot the lights out not doubt about it. But do you really think you would give them that much space? They all shoot set shots. I'd throw that s h i t all day long.

    I played a few games with girls that play in the big ten. I know big ten basketball doesn't compare to Uconn by any stretch but an athletic guy is sooooo much quicker than a girl. You can play super tight because even if they do get by you it takes 1.5 steps to catch up and if they try a lay up they may get 14" off the ground. Althought I could be wrong Uconn womens basketball is def in a league of its own.
    I agree. In general the guy will win almost every time, however i've witnessed a few girls that just made me go.....WOW!

    I say we start an AM intramural team. Guys against the girls in some hoops! LOL!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The hood
    Posts
    9,611
    Rep Power
    2037227

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I agree. In general the guy will win almost every time, however i've witnessed a few girls that just made me go.....WOW!

    I say we start an AM intramural team. Guys against the girls in some hoops! LOL!
    haha true dat. A few times playing pick u with the girls guys will just leave them wid open but that only happens for a few possesions because they just seem to never miss sets shot 3 pointers,lol.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    DAdams91982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,397
    Rep Power
    700725

    Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    I say we start an AM intramural team. Guys against the girls in some Twister! LOL!
    Fixed it for you.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  7. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57347

    Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    Fixed it for you.

    Adams
    Lol!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  8. Registered User
    MrBrightside's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    23
    Posts
    887
    Rep Power
    523

    I'd posterize Lisa Leslie.
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The hood
    Posts
    9,611
    Rep Power
    2037227

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBrightside View Post
    I'd posterize Lisa Leslie.
    O heck yes. I forgot we'd use a girls ball. I'd have 3-4 dunks a game then.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  10. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57347

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    O heck yes. I forgot we'd use a girls ball. I'd have 3-4 dunks a game then.
    Lol......dunkin' over a chick would be a freakin' riot man lol!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  11. Registered User
    Jayhawkk's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    12,791
    Rep Power
    11678

    I really can't even give a guess. I've never seen a wnba game or even an all female basketball game. I stayed at a Holiday Express lastnight and I've seen Juwana man, so that akes me an expert on the subject.
  12. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57347

    I remember watching Jenn Rizzotti play for UCONN back in the mid 90's. The chick was freakin' unreal.

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The hood
    Posts
    9,611
    Rep Power
    2037227

    Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I really can't even give a guess. I've never seen a wnba game or even an all female basketball game. I stayed at a Holiday Express lastnight and I've seen Juwana man, so that akes me an expert on the subject.
    Thats about all the more you need to be a WNBA expert!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  14. Registered User
    Fastone's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Stroudsburg, Pa.
    Age
    62
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    835

    All I can say is that having seen a few WNBA games in person over the last few years., some of you guys would be surprised at how well you wouldn't do against them.


    :bruce3:
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The hood
    Posts
    9,611
    Rep Power
    2037227

    So everyone knows. I have a buddy who's cousin will be signing with a WNBA team soon (or so he says). Right now she's playing in Europe. I will try and get a game going with her before I leave for school. It will be tough since she's in Europe but may be coming back to the states here soon.

    Like I said I'll try and get a 1 on 1 game at the very least and video tape the whole thing. I am really trying to get a complete 5v5 game going and see how it goes. I'll keep guys updated.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  16. Registered User
    MrBrightside's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  187 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    23
    Posts
    887
    Rep Power
    523

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Like I said I'll try and get a 1 on 1 game at the very least and video tape the whole thing. I am really trying to get a complete 5v5 game going and see how it goes. I'll keep guys updated.
    Lol, hope you have game man, because you could very well get punked. There's this employee at my gym who kills men in basketball but claims she's not good enough for the WNBA. If you have height/speed on her though, it'd be very hard for her to beat you.
  17. Registered User
    Rugger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,062
    Rep Power
    4769

    Most female sports are a total and complete joke. The only mainstream sports women are decent at are tennis, soccer and golf. Softball too if you consider that mainstream.
  18. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The hood
    Posts
    9,611
    Rep Power
    2037227

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBrightside View Post
    Lol, hope you have game man, because you could very well get punked. There's this employee at my gym who kills men in basketball but claims she's not good enough for the WNBA. If you have height/speed on her though, it'd be very hard for her to beat you.
    Yea I can ball. I avg. close to 20 a game on JV as a frosh. Thats before I could jump to. I can almost dunk a girls basketball with adrenalen(sp?) of a game im pretty sure I could. Yea I'm also pretty sure I have speed on any woman alive that isn't an olympic sprinter.

    Size I do not have. I'm only 5'9" so if my buddies cousin is a F/C it could be tough but woman aren't use to other woman who can jump from a stand stil and grab rim. So if I can anticipate the shots down low i should be able to hang.

    If she's a gaurd i know im going to have to d up hard and not give her much room. I did play a girl in high school, 11th grade I think, who went on to play NAIA basketball, and may have been an all-american her senior year there. She was a gaurd and pop'd a few three's in my eye. I only gave her maybe a little over an arms length and didn't think she'd pull it and she did. I won 11-4, all her points were 2's and I was right up on her like I said.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  19. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The hood
    Posts
    9,611
    Rep Power
    2037227

    Quote Originally Posted by Rugger1 View Post
    Most female sports are a total and complete joke. The only mainstream sports women are decent at are tennis, soccer and golf. Softball too if you consider that mainstream.
    Yea I hate how they try and hype them up and woman try and say their equal (in sports ) Women are just slower and not as strong which means aren't as good of athletes. It's not their fault so its whatever I just hate when they say they could play and produce with the men. Throw any pro softball player an MLB curve and they wouldn't touch it now way. We have a real good softball program at my community college and are on baord with the fact baseball pitching is harder to hit than softball pitching.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  20. Registered User
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    MD
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,939
    Rep Power
    1090

    I used to think like this awhile back, but I actually used to play with a girl at the gym who was a top 25 recruit in HS and now plays for UMD, and all I will say is, don't be fooled by how boring it is to watch. These girls are damn good, she was more than able to hold her own and then some playing with all grown men when she was in 9th and 10th grade...I can only imagine how good she would be now. All that being said, you still couldn't pay me to watch women's basketball
  21. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The hood
    Posts
    9,611
    Rep Power
    2037227

    Quote Originally Posted by warnerve View Post
    I used to think like this awhile back, but I actually used to play with a girl at the gym who was a top 25 recruit in HS and now plays for UMD, and all I will say is, don't be fooled by how boring it is to watch. These girls are damn good, she was more than able to hold her own and then some playing with all grown men when she was in 9th and 10th grade...I can only imagine how good she would be now. All that being said, you still couldn't pay me to watch women's basketball

    haha. True that. What position was she and what was her size, where/whats UMD? I'm just curious.

    I am legit. I know its the internet and I could also say whatever but I hold my own against my buddy who play's D-2 basketball ball now. If I can't end up getting a game against the Europe girl when I go to school in the fall I will def get a game with them and post that ish up here. I know against high school girls I can go off for 40, I did a few weeks ago playing with my cousin at their summer camp. I had to shot 34 times though
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  22. Registered User
    Trauma1's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,444
    Rep Power
    57347

    Get those chicks DW!

    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

  23. Registered User
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    MD
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,939
    Rep Power
    1090

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    haha. True that. What position was she and what was her size, where/whats UMD? I'm just curious.

    I am legit. I know its the internet and I could also say whatever but I hold my own against my buddy who play's D-2 basketball ball now. If I can't end up getting a game against the Europe girl when I go to school in the fall I will def get a game with them and post that ish up here. I know against high school girls I can go off for 40, I did a few weeks ago playing with my cousin at their summer camp. I had to shot 34 times though
    I think she's a shooting guard, she was prob 5'11 or so. UMD is university of maryland. Like I said, I had zero respect for women's sports before playing with her, now some but still can't watch a WNBA game. Like I said though, she was far from your typical HS girl's basketball player, she was a McDonald's All American
  24. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hawaii Nei
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Rep Power
    0

    All i can say is i would own in the lowpost. No doubt. They better be good at the outside shot cuz i would shut those women down!!! Str8 wavin the Mutumbo finger at um.
  25. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    1998

    As long as I am not going up against Margo Dydek, I will post up all day baby. I think I could snag some as well from the giant as well though. I am not cocky and said I would not be an all-star.... my first season

    Margo:
  26. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hawaii Nei
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    As long as I am not going up against Margo Dydek, I will post up all day baby. I think I could snag some as well from the giant as well though. I am not cocky and said I would not be an all-star.... my first season

    Margo:
    wow thats a big b***H!!!
  27. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    1998

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    wow thats a big b***H!!!
    hyuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggeeeeeee eeeeeeeeee.

    Shes the Kenny George of the WNBA.
  28. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hawaii Nei
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    hyuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggeeeeeee eeeeeeeeee.

    Shes the Kenny George of the WNBA.
    never heard of kenny george, sorry. maybe a Manute Bol comparison is better suited....minus the pigment
  29. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    1998

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    never heard of kenny george, sorry. maybe a Manute Bol comparison is better suited....minus the pigment
    ahah true Manute was a damn giant. They are both 7'7 I think though so its actually perfect, except Manute was cooler because no one ever dunked over him.

    [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=htwkRYa0gOk"]YouTube - Tyler Hansbrough Dunk on 7'7 Kenny George[/ame]
  30. Banned
    pistonpump's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hawaii Nei
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,114
    Rep Power
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    ahah true Manute was a damn giant. They are both 7'7 I think though so its actually perfect, except Manute was cooler because no one ever dunked over him.

    YouTube - Tyler Hansbrough Dunk on 7'7 Kenny George
    whats worse about that dunk was it was a WHITE GUY! LOL..
    manute was the sh1t man i remember one day he made like 7 three pointers in one game it was unreal.
  31. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    1998

    Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    whats worse about that dunk was it was a WHITE GUY! LOL..
    manute was the sh1t man i remember one day he made like 7 three pointers in one game it was unreal.
    A 7'7 guy hitting the back board is impressive from beyond the arc, that is incredible.

    Oh side note, I wanted to play your avi really bad, but it is off youtube. Find another one broski?
  32. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    The hood
    Posts
    9,611
    Rep Power
    2037227

    McDonalds all-american ehh. Yea at 5'11 she would probably somewhat athletic if she could move which may create some problems for me down low only being 5'8". I've been really itching to play some legit girls in basketball. I've been playing once a week with my cousins high school team because my uncle helps coach. Getting used to playing with the girls ball is kinda hard it's so much smaller and lighter.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 01:39 PM
  2. Wanna get real BIG and Strong real Fast??
    By mixedup in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 09:26 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-02-2005, 11:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in