Browns get DT Shaun Rogers - AnabolicMinds.com

Browns get DT Shaun Rogers

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  187 lbs.

Browns get DT Shaun Rogers

For Leigh Bodden and a 3rd round pick =]

Cleveland fans, rejoice with me, we may have a defensive line this year, especially with the addition of Corey Williams from Green Bay!!

"Rogers is among the most dominant defensive players in the league when he is motivated. But he failed to live up to expectations at times because of weight and off-the-field problems.

He was at his best early last season, when he lifted Detroit to a rout over Denver and a 6-2 record.

Rogers intercepted a pass and rumbled 66 yards for a score, broke up a pass, had four quarterback hits and 21/2 sacks, one of which he followed with a somersault.

But Rogers faded in the second half of the season and the Lions did, too, finishing with only one win in eight games.

He did, however, have a career highs in sacks (seven) and forced fumbles (four) after playing in all 16 games for the fourth time in his seven-year career. He also has blocked 11 kicks, four more than any other player since 1991.

Rogers has a rare combination of size, speed, strength and nimble footwork, but he struggled to stay on the field in 2006.

He was suspended by the NFL for four games for taking a banned substance to control his weight. He had knee surgery while he was away from the team, didn't play after becoming eligible, then was put on injured reserve with four games left.

Rogers missed just four games over his first five seasons in the league after the Lions drafted him in the second round in 2001, overlooking injury concerns some teams had about him coming out of Texas."

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  187 lbs.

Also just signed WR Donte Stallworth to a 7 year, reportedly $35 million deal.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.

Ya when i saw who the browns already got. I was astonished. I cant wait to see how they do this year. Im a cowboys fan. But im a brady quinn fan. so im rootin for the browns. donte stallworth and edwards are gonna tear it up
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Looks like the Browns are gearing up for a good run. They re-signed Jamal Lewis so there's no rebuilding around Brady Quinn for now. Stallworth is a great addition but I don't know if that was a smart contract since he'll be the #2 receiver.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior View Post
    Looks like the Browns are gearing up for a good run. They re-signed Jamal Lewis so there's no rebuilding around Brady Quinn for now. Stallworth is a great addition but I don't know if that was a smart contract since he'll be the #2 receiver.
    Apparently Phil Savage has no negotiation skills of any sort. It works out to be about $5 million/year for a #2 wide out. Additionally, we just signed Derek Anderson, a VERY overrated quarterback (Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow have bailed his ass out of the fire a hundred times), for 3 years, $20 million. After ONE MEDIOCRE YEAR, not to mention his atrocious performance in the pro bowl. Further proof that the Quarterback rating determines next to nothing.

Ridiculous, however, I cannot help but be excited.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

They could get something for Anderson if they trade him ASAP but his value declined with that contract. They should have loaded Anderson's contract with incentives rather than guaranteed money. This would also help them juggle the salary cap a little better.
  7. Senior Member

awesome pick up with rogers, very good athlete. if anderson can have a decent year and lewis stays healthy and runs well again, they will be a threat
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  240 lbs.

Definately looking good for next season. Who gives a sh*t about Jamal Lewis when you got Thomas. Laurence Maroney could even run behind him.
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'3"  187 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snookl187 View Post
    Laurence Maroney could even run behind him.
    Haha, good point. Our highest draft pick this year is a fourth rounder, still projected high enough to draft Ray Rice. I think he'd be a good medium between Jamal Lewis and Jerome Harrison (who many people don't realize is an absolute manchild, I was so psyched when I figured out the Browns got him.)

Similar Forum Threads

1. Shaun T's INSANITY workout
    By jdhil90 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2010, 06:07 AM
  2. Browns Carthon FIRED!!
    By MGH1982 in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 12:33 AM
  3. Shaun Alexander
    By McBurly in forum Sports Talk
    Replies: 5